Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Human Race Will Come To An End

Still Waters

You guy are right humans have become very nasty and uncaring. We should appreciate everything the earth has given us but we don't. The earth will eventually become extinct when our star dies.

"Have become"? When have all humans ever been nice and caring?

There are a few possibilities to what will happen. Genetics will probably be a big part in what will happen. At the moment our bodies are in tune with our ecosystem. If we choose to pull away from that then we will through genetic modification and we will destroy the balance we had with the planet and irreversibly cast ourselves out into the stars. Maintaining ourselves genetically forever. The other side of things is that we will stay on the planet and we overcome our own greed and realize to stop ignoring ourselves and others and overcome all the problems with ourselves and live in harmony with the planet. Authority figures have to empower the people not stip it away

no insight at all... giggles...

1) more people are alive today than at any time in human past... because we are not dieing , we are healthier than ever before ...

2) for the first time in the history of the earth... there is communication among us all... in 1961 ... for the american president to talk to the premire of russia... it took 5 operators and 4 hours.... and it took a near atomic war to make that posable ....

today... i can talk to any one on the planet with a cell phone in my car ... and it took a cop car in the other lane to keep me from doing it .

3) if things keep going as they are now , most poeple will be able to live beyond 150 years old ...

of course most people will be hateful and nags , and angry and blaim everyone else for their problems..

4) ..... yeah , things are bad.... but thats alright... bad for you and i can handle my issues

bad news... the biological "we" will never leave this solar system ....

the " balance with nature " you speak of is not real now , was not real in the past , and most certanly will never come about in the future .

what i can say is that if life were ment to be easy... rock would be alive ... and i know some rocks that are pretty good , but they are not yet as alive as most of you ....

some of you are real jewels , but don't start relaxing , cause life will get hard again , just about the time you think things are getting easy ... boom a new thing comes along ....

There is no proof yet that humans evolved from apes, so how do you know a higher being didn't create us? You can't just assume humans evolved and will keep evolving.

There is no proof of atoms, germs, or gravity either. Proof doesn't exist in science, evidence does. So please get your facts straight.

Funny how sinchronicity works. I felt like I had something to contribute to this topic but sort of put off making a coherent reply. And guess what. My next reading I had on my Sony ebook reader was, well, almost the whole answer to this question, better than I would've ever been able to put it. So I'll just link it in here and link in the bit that's missing but is important to make it a whole answer. So here they are:

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1995/1995_1022.aspx

http://www.llresearch.org/speeches/speech_2003_0320.aspx

As the population increases the peril of pandemics increases and we are heavily dependent upon petroleum. When the petroleum disappears or population is dramatically reduced, I would like to think we will evolve or devolve to a level that is more harmonious with the natural rhythms of the earth although it may be an eon before the earth recovers from us.

There is no proof yet that humans evolved from apes, so how do you know a higher being didn't create us? You can't just assume humans evolved and will keep evolving.

Actually we are still evolving. http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34194/title/Humans-Adapt-to-Icy-Life/ just tell me if you don't accept this. Because this another crisis, people don't accept evolution. While their is so much evidence.

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

Those interested In this should watch the documentary "transcendence man".

There are several ways this could go. 1) and I think the most likely, we finally figure out that our sun will not allow small tiny electronics to exist for very long. It could verywell be impossible to harden a technological world against events like a cartington event that is a certainty on average every 500 years. ( last one in 1859). In this case, if we are to progress forward we will be forced to create biological circuits and technology built on a biological infrastructure or at least we will have to mimic biology's evolved resistance to electrical disturbance, but the clock is ticking, which brings me to number 2.

2) we will create our own global catastrophe that will threaten our race entirely. I think we are far to innovative for everyone to perish, but there will be a dark age that will progress to a repopulation of aboriginal like lifestyles. Many native american prophecies Eco the understanding that the current mode of "progress" is completely unsustainable. If this age were to last long enough we could see a fractioning of the human race as we filled different niches. We are not as smart as we think we are. We have the ability to creat but not the abiity to organize on large enough scales to manage our creations. Case in point, we have populated the world with nuclear power plants that melt down if not kept continuously cool. The back up generators for the electrical based system have 2-4 weeks of diseal fuel to keep them running. Any event that shuts those systems down means literal global meltdown. A simple solar storm like in 1859 will create a global Trinoble scenario. It was only a matter of days that fukishima started to go when their pumps and generators where damaged. There are over 230 reactors in the us alone. I think we are morons. We continue to build these things that are basically large dirty bombs with a click ticking in the sun. The political will will never be there to change. The only mention of this I ever saw of this was on a program called "life after people". Interestingly enough the next time I saw it, that segment was omitted. I'll have to check it again, but I think it was censored.

That's just one way we can and probably will screw up, and we are drunk with energy standing on the edge of the roof in the dark right now.

We are indeed out of tune with our nature and evolution, if we can't discipline ourselves, just like any addict, we are in for some ****.

Evolution is the organic tuning into of algorythmic frequencies from both earth, the sun, and outter space.

It isn't "small electronics" that cause problems, it's evolving into things that will kill other life forms in the future. Our evolutionary frequency will make us kill ourselves before we kill others,..

It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with the stragglers, were this a game, but the whole world needs to wake up and find peace... so electronics for the win!

(my ancestors needed bloody war to learn them morality plays, dagnabbit!)

Edited by JeremyjJstone

Last time I counted I got about a dozen ways mankind could become extinct. There are a couple of them (asteroids and comets) that we might prevent in a direct way. There are others (a plague, a Malthusian catastrophe, run-away global warming, that we ought to be able to prevent with any sense at all.

A global war in theory ought to be preventable -- we shall see. There is one -- the planet being zapped by a near-by gamma ray burst that would do us in without warning and about which we could do nothing, but it seems such events are extremely rare.

Then there are some ways we know for sure will end it all -- the dessication of the planet will happen in about a billion years. Further out (since in theory we might have the technology to deal with the dessication), the sun will become a red giant in about five billion years. To deal with that, we will have to move.

In the end the universe will either suffer heat death in a few quadrillion years (note I skipped the intervening "trillion" or, if some ideas about the nature of negative energy prove true, a day will come when the expansive force will rip the atoms apart (twenty or so billion years out). This last one remains hypothetical.

Who knows -- maybe even the heat death of the universe could be avoided if we find a way to tap low-entropy energy from the fabric of space-time. Somehow the Big Bang seems to have done it.

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 1

For humanity to evolve to the next level, we will likely need to evolve our pysche to a level of universal and unrequited love, where love is defined as benevolent concern for the good of another whether human or not. Certainly there is profound literature that defines it e.g. I Corinthians 13, but precious few who truly exhibit this noble goal.

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

My predition for the Human race is this:

We will become ever more self-gratifiying.

Extract all of Earths natural resources, like gold, oil and gas.

Until, one day we will exhaust all Earth's resources and we necessarily, (those who have the vital cash to afford it,) will fly off to other realms in Space where we will do the same thing.

My other prediction is this,

We will never be a race of beings that embrace love, compassion and humility.

Yes, humans are terrible, except my wife, two kids, my parents, even my mad sister, my close friends, that nice lady who let me in the parking spot yesterday, oh, and Jessica Alba.

• Like 1

My predition for the Human race is this:

We will become ever more self-gratifiying.

Extract all of Earths natural resources, like gold, oil and gas.

Until, one day we will exhaust all Earth's resources and we necessarily, (those who have the vital cash to afford it,) will fly off to other realms in Space where we will do the same thing.

My other prediction is this,

We will never be a race of beings that embrace love, compassion and humility.

That we will extract all resources that it is worth our while to extract is pretty much a given, and why shouldn't we. At some point we will need to use recycling, but we will.

I don't know about our flying off into space much beyond the solar system. The distances are much greater than we can even begin to imagine. If we do colonize other solar systems, contacts between each will be so rare that separate evolution can be expected.

We are now a race that embraces love, compassion and humility. That is why we complain about when it is missing.

every wild animal kind on earth will be gene coded and all go exstinct in about 400 years , all humans will go into exstinction in the year 5140 ... when the last human will fail to make the request to bring back the human race from exstinction ... because (s)he doesn't care .... total apathy .

the machine that is left behind will then spread across the galaxy in about 35 billion years ...

the earth will be lost for a time ( as a lifeless rock in space . with out atmosphere or sun . with no value or of any importance )

5 trillion years from now , the machine we left behind will move into other dimensions , and occupie them as well as this one ... at which point the human beings will be pulled from exstinction , and technicaly... will restart .

it is hard to explain , but the location of the earth will be the greatest mystery of its day.

and it will take trillions of years to locate it .

P.S.

humans will never leave earth's solar system , and will never fully leave earth in any serious way... mars will never have more than 1/2 earth's population .

of the 20 earth size or larger objects in the solar system , most will never have more than a few million people .

all creatures will be either fully domesticated or fully biological engine's managed by human controlls

Edited by onereaderone

every wild animal kind on earth will be gene coded and all go exstinct in about 400 years , all humans will go into exstinction in the year 5140 ... when the last human will fail to make the request to bring back the human race from exstinction ... because (s)he doesn't care .... total apathy .

How do you know this?
  • Like 1

Seriously need a "facepalm" emoticon, because this fool is just....well, foolish and ignorant. :w00t::yes::w00t:

Or you could try less childish responses and man up with rebuttal.

This is a site full of opinions, i posted mine and this is the best you could do?

Good job.