Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"types" of experiences you believe

SpiritWriter

Often times people misinterpret the invisible spirit world. There are powers from both kingdoms that are often seen yet misunderstood. We often experience these powers in our dreams. To understand the bible is to understand the god's of both kingdoms. Jesus said that we are all gods. But there is only one godhead (creator) - the Holy Trinity - Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Wisdom comes from experience.

I disagree.

If someone says " I know Bigfoot exists ", they better have a way to back up that " fact ".

Now, if someone says " I believe Bigfoot exists ", there is nothing to back up at all.

If they saw bigfoot they could easily say that...

• Like 1

Often times people misinterpret the invisible spirit world.

Does such a thing even exist?, let alone a chance to " interpret " it.?

You wouldn't have to believe them but if they saw it they saw it.... that is proof for them.

I disagree.

If someone says " I know Bigfoot exists ", they better have a way to back up that " fact ".

Now, if someone says " I believe Bigfoot exists ", there is nothing to back up at all.

Most of history is based on witnesses and their testimony. I know that the Father, Son, Holy Spirit and angels exist and I need nothing to back it up for you. Edited by notforgotten
  • Like 1

If they saw bigfoot they could easily say that...

How can anyone say " I know " without any facts other then belief, or a " experience" to use as evidence? ( not just Bigfoot, anything.... )

An " experience " can be explained, if one new the real possibilities. I have had a few that I can not explain, yet I will state " I can not explain them ". I will not just say " I know it was a ghost ".....

Because I do not " know " that.

You wouldn't have to believe them but if they saw it they saw it.... that is proof for them.

It is to them, but it is not proof of said thing being real to what they think it is. Stating " I know it was " is not correct.

How can anyone say " I know " without any facts other then belief, or a " experience" to use as evidence? ( not just Bigfoot, anything.... )

An " experience " can be explained, if one new the real possibilities. I have had a few that I can not explain, yet I will state " I can not explain them ". I will not just say " I know it was a ghost ".....

Because I do not " know " that.

If you saw a car and knew it was a car. could you not say it was a car?

If you saw a car and knew it was a car. could you not say it was a car?

I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was a car. And everyone knows cars are real, so not much debate there.

If I said I saw a ghost, that is apples to oranges there.

Not sure where you were trying to go with this.

I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was a car. And everyone knows cars are real, so not much debate there.

If I said I saw a ghost, that is apples to oranges there.

Not sure where you were trying to go with this.

There are thousands of pictures of ghosts on the internet.

There are thousands of pictures of ghosts on the internet.

And thousands of confirmed hoaxed pictures.

And thousands of " ghost " pictures that have been debunked, and found to be something real.

Yet, not one confirmed existence of a Ghost.

Are there millions of confirmed ghosts that anyone can see, touch, here ?

There are also thousands of pictures of the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus, and Chupacabre's, and Models wit no blemishs at all.

Edited by Sakari

And thousands of " ghost " pictures that have been debunked, and found to be something real.

There are also thousands of pictures of the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus, and Chupacabre's, and Models wit no blemishs at all.

I don't have this skepticism myself because I've taken a least a thousand pictures of ghosts myself and know that they were not a hoax. Is what you're telling me is that all these people are liars? Edited by notforgotten

I don't have this skepticism myself because I've taken a least a thousand pictures of ghosts myself and know that they were not a hoax. Is what you're telling me is that all these people are liars?

No, not all. Many may be not be educated on photography, and what can be percieved as a " ghost " from some that have blind faith, may be logical lense flairs, dust, or any other possible photography answer.

Out of every claimed " Ghost " picture on the net, and on Tv, not one person has been able to show even one that can not be answered.

Do you have a link for your thousands of ghost pictures?.....Or would you care to share the " top " ones?

And it is not skepticism, it is knowledge, and fact.

Edited by Sakari

I really feel you are in denial and thats why your acting like its hard to understand something that is rather simple... if you experience something you become aware of its existance. You say everyone knows what are a car is. Okay... and lots of people know about god and ghosts etc... these are not a new concepts... there is testimony after testimony after testimony about it..

• Like 1

P.s. blind faith is believing without evidence.. meaning they believe and have never seen. Having evidence and believing because of that is calling having proof of that thing...

The most important part of that passage isn't the fact that you had experiences, it's that you have the confidence, courage, and outright audacity to proclaim it to people. Don't ever let go of that beautifully rare kind of strength and spirit. :tu:

Gee, thanks for the compliment! It often feels risky, but I can't let that dictate my life.

• Like 1

That is absurd. I have experienced things, and that is not proof. I could easily jump to conclusions on what those things were, but I do not.

I get what you're saying. However, I didn't jump to any conclusions. I spent months studying & reading, talking to people, thinking about it, processing it, etc. However, if one is of sound mind, not under the influence of drugs, of average intelligence, reasonably educated, one's experiences can often be accepted as real. Of course there are exceptions to this, but you know, if you see it and hear it, and have your experiences confirmed by others, it would be unreasonable to reject the experience out of hand. Lack of "scientific" explanation doesn't invalidate the event.

• Like 1

Gee, thanks for the compliment! It often feels risky, but I can't let that dictate my life.

Oh and beany just to let you know I liked the way you answered the question: do you believe in god? You said yes but not in the way most people understand her. I'd like to hear more about what you have to say about that sometime. ;)

I agree with notforgotten. I have experienced things that have been proof for me. I would never in all my days let a skeptic take that away from me. For me that would be absurd.

It IS absurd to accept the assurances of strangers that our experiences are not real or are hallucinatory in some way. Every one of us has our own unique reality based on life experience, genetics, socialization, acculturation, education, IQ, family influences, a thousand different factors. For someone to say, I haven't experienced that, therefore because it's not within the realm of my experience or understanding, it doesn't exist, has just limited their own possibilities.

• Like 2

Blind Faith is not all ways a bad thing. If something you " believe " makes you happy, why should anyone try to take that away from you?

I've never been a fan of blind faith, myself. And really, for me, it's not a belief, it's an acknowledgement of what is.

• Like 2

I get what you're saying. However, I didn't jump to any conclusions. I spent months studying & reading, talking to people, thinking about it, processing it, etc. However, if one is of sound mind, not under the influence of drugs, of average intelligence, reasonably educated, one's experiences can often be accepted as real. Of course there are exceptions to this, but you know, if you see it and hear it, and have your experiences confirmed by others, it would be unreasonable to reject the experience out of hand. Lack of "scientific" explanation doesn't invalidate the event.

For me, I wouldn't say a certain amount of "education" should be a standard of validity either.. I actually think god may appear more often to those in need and that just may be in poor environments where education is not as available. I dont see what education has to do with it. The less preconceived bias the better I would say.

• Like 1

For me, I wouldn't say a certain amount of "education" should be a standard of validity either.. I actually think god may appear more often to those in need and that just may be in poor environments where education is not as available. I dont see what education has to do with it. The less preconceived bias the better I would say.

Education occurs in many ways; I wasn't referring solely to the institutionalized, formal Western educational system. On the other hand, I'm not sure ignorance is one of the qualities that would lend weight to any attempts at validation. and yes, preconceptions do tend to obscure instead of inform.

• Like 1

No, not all. Many may be not be educated on photography, and what can be percieved as a " ghost " from some that have blind faith, may be logical lense flairs, dust, or any other possible photography answer.

Out of every claimed " Ghost " picture on the net, and on Tv, not one person has been able to show even one that can not be answered.

Do you have a link for your thousands of ghost pictures?.....Or would you care to share the " top " ones?

And it is not skepticism, it is knowledge, and fact.

Curious about whether you've ever seen or experienced anything that could be termed supernatural. And for me, photos don't constitute proof, but neither do they disprove anything, either. If I'm seeing, hearing, feeling, something, I'm much more likely to trust my experiences. How could someone who wasn't there possibly expect to put forward an acceptable explanation, especially when it requires that I not trust myself?

I used to believe that anything out of the ordinary was a load of horse ****! But then it happened to me. I had a series of impossibly extraordinary afterlife experiences that changed my perspective on EVERYTHING. With the help of two wonderful spiritual guides, I learned many things, including a revolutionary biological science and a new interpretation of Jesus. Recently, I published an ebook that chronicles my experiences in extreme detail. In fact, if you're interested, look for my ad on the home page of this site. BUT BE WARNED: If you don't like getting goose bumps, you won't like my book.

• Like 1

Curious about whether you've ever seen or experienced anything that could be termed supernatural.

I all ready stated in this topic I have...But, for the things I experienced here ya go.....

Yes.....

http://www.unexplain...pic=203763&st=0

Edited by Sakari