Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japanese women paying for crooked teeth

Render

Why are Japanese women paying hundreds of pounds to make perfectly straight teeth look crooked and fang-like?

• The look, known as the 'yaeba' look, is well-liked by men who find it 'childlike'
  • Cosmetic procedure involves attaching mini-fangs to canine teeth

*Snip*

http://www.dailymail...etic-craze.html

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image

Childlike eh? Sounds like some Japanese men might have issues beyond dental preferences.

Edited by Lilly
left out a word
  • Like 3

Old news. Gone on for a few years now. They think it makes them look cute . Yah.

Given they ignored most dental health in previous years,just adds to the why of this .

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/04/25/why-crooked-teeth-are-straight-up-beautiful-in-japan/

I don't know any guys there,personally,who are into it . A lot of them love the pigeon toed walk though ,,which is a complete wtf for me .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Childlike eh? Sounds like some Japanese men might have issues beyond dental preferences.

The whole schoolgirl thing there,is HUGE ,with outfits etc etc etc . There are underage hostess bars there,and the police turn a blind eye .

They sue each other coz they are "ugly", the child like thing is just sick, they want to be white "westener look" in my opinion. There's not enough radiation activity for that to happen! O.o

post-52682-0-80718100-1359718304_thumb.j

They sue each other coz they are "ugly", the child like thing is just sick, they want to be white "westener look" in my opinion. There's not enough radiation activity for that to happen! O.o

Anything goes in Japan . Most of the police have yakuza connections ,so red light districts etc,ignored.

You never hear of anyone arrested for prostitution there . It's a money maker ,and the yakuza control it all .

No one bothers them .

Hostess clubs have varying degrees of sex being offered .

Some cater to men who only like blond western women .Some are just western women .Some are all Japanese .Some are all Japanese with traditional clothes .Some are underage .

There are host clubs for straight women,and gay men as well .

Those are strictly Japanese male hosts .

It's a very different world .

A lot of my friends worked at hostess clubs,but they were the kind where they just sat,served drinks ,and did kareoke with salary men .

No sex goes on in the club ,however ,the men can request to date a certain girl,outside the club,for a price.

The word they use for this eludes me right now .....

Usually the man takes her to dinner. Nothing can happen,but the girls can make money ,if the man asks for sex,and she's willing.

Dates like this are usually known to the girls bars "madam".

Its a very different world,and Ive seen people lose themselves doing it ,but for a young foreign girl,its the fastest way to make decent money there.

You dont make a lot of money teaching English

• Like 1

Better this than that horrible Duck face that girls pull...worse if they're ompa-loopafied in fake tan. Many a girl has ruined her looks with that crap. :blush:

Better this than that horrible Duck face that girls pull...worse if they're ompa-loopafied in fake tan. Many a girl has ruined her looks with that crap. :blush:

Yeah,but whatever they do to themselves,there's a group that likes the look .

I've seen gyaru/kogals, that look like their skin is that of a black person though .With the white eyeliner .It's scary ,but someone thinks it hot . It was more amusing when they wore the 14 inch platforms,but a bunch of them died freak accidents due to the shoes ,and they were banned.