Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My, my, - ARMED guard stops school shooter

Rafterman

Gang leaders usually distribute guns to their members, so it could have come from anywhere. Stolen, bought, or gotten from the black market.

It amazes me the people who make excuses for criminals. It is the law abiding gun owner's fault we are robbed, it is our fault guns get in the wrong hands, it is our fault people are selling guns on the black market, ad infinitum...

• Like 2

It amazes me the people who make excuses for criminals. It is the law abiding gun owner's fault we are robbed, it is our fault guns get in the wrong hands, it is our fault people are selling guns on the black market, ad infinitum...

Collective guilt.

It's like another chapter added to the bible,,,,, some will say it's already there.... lol

• Like 1

guns can only come from those who make them.

I make them.

Also video games and media with violence has not been shown to beget violence. That its even considered seems absurd. I understand the face value of violence must beget violence but studies have shown conclusively that it is simply not true.

http://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2013/01/violent-video-games-not-shown-cause-real-world-violence

But people want to blame any object they can imagine. Guess what guys not everyone is good. Some people will statistically be bad no matter how much they are coddled and babysat. Its just life and the law of averages.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Yet they continue to avoid the over prescribing of SSRI (antidepressants) to young adults and children. Its why its called madness when they are so blind to the power hungry lobbying groups that they wont even dare mention this as one of the common denominators in all of the recent shootings and many murder suicides in this country.

• Like 1

I had a friend who was given anti psychotics at 16. He was fairly normal before. You could talk to him. have a good time with him. He was only barely depressed. After though. He changed. He became paranoid. Angry. Violent. You couldn't even hold a conversation any longer with him. Those anti psychotics created a psychopath. He can never stop taking them because of all the side effects and honestly I think he may need them now.

Same thing with another friend. He was weird but he was sane and coherent .... until the anti psychotics. Now he talks about all sorts of delusions. I weep for him also. I knew these two very well and for many many years. Now because of anti psychotics I have no clue who they are anymore and frankly the first one scares me now.

But that's OK cause the doctor gave them a pill so they swallowed. Two lives ruined because a medicine was pushed down their throws through trust.

Sorry guys. This post hit close to home for me. I truly care about those two. But only one is able to be a friend and its hard to watch that happen before your own eyes.

Go modern medicine.

• Like 1

I have no agenda, but I grew up in a time when the biggest worry a parent had about his kids drowned in the river or got a bloody nose in a school brawl. And I would like that time to come back for the sake of my grandkids.

You grew up in a time where you didn't serve in the military too then if those were the biggest worries your parents had.

You grew up in a time where you didn't serve in the military too then if those were the biggest worries your parents had.

Once you are 18, in anybodies book, you should be able to take care of yourself. And to see it that way, I was the first generation without a draft in the last century. We are talking about kids 16 and younger here who don't even have a realistic chance to fight back (even if they had guns).

I make them.

Well, the question is if you are satisfied with the thought that you are, unnecessarily because guns could be traced, contributing to 64,000 deaths in Mexico.

Q behave.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

How many people died because of being overworked a in Japan so that we can enjoy technology. How many people are being poisoned in China by pollution so we can have cheaper Goods. How many animals suffer tortured so that we can have cheap food and an abundance of food.

How many cars contributed to death. Is an employee of a car manufacturer responsible for the death of those people on the roads.

I know you mean well. Yet you've missed the forest by isolating 1 tree.

And you are happy with that too?

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against guns nor against anybody who makes them. I am just getting more p***ed off by the minute that there seems to be a large group who knows that the black market could be severely curtailed but are stopping everybody from doing it by yaddahing something about freedom, second amendment and uprising against the government. Rights come with obligations, and if society falls short on fulfilling those obligations laws have to be enacted to either force the fulfillment of the obligations or curtail the rights. It is as simple as that.

there seems to be a large group who knows that the black market could be severely curtailed but are stopping everybody from doing it by yaddahing something about freedom, second amendment and uprising against the government. Rights come with obligations, and if society falls short on fulfilling those obligations laws have to be enacted to either force the fulfillment of the obligations or curtail the rights. It is as simple as that.

*cough* *cough* did you really say society falling short of obligations ? In which country are you referring too ?

I dont trust our current lawmakers to lift the toilet seat when the use the p***er let alone enact anything.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow one that actually worked! Not to mention the ones that did not work like Columbine; which sparked the same issues that are still being debated with these new rash of School shooting. If you look at the reasons they blamed for the shootings at Columbine and others like them... Its mainly the same thing that is happening now. We bring up the same thing over and over again; when things like this happen to excuse their behavior or too blame something other than what the cause actually was, which is society as a whole is failing...

Edited by Ryinrea

Getting more professionals sure beats arming the janitors.

The point is much less that somebody did his bloody job, but why the system is so screwed up that you need armed guards to start with.

So much wrong with this post. First of all, if a janitor is being paid as an armed guard, he is a professional. Stopping school shooters would be doing his bloody job.

What does "the system" have to do with having armed guards? You're still complaining about that even when lives get saved? It's not the system, it's the society. It's bad parenting. It's a lack of respect for the cohesiveness of the only societal group that matters, the family.

Once you are 18, in anybodies book, you should be able to take care of yourself. And to see it that way, I was the first generation without a draft in the last century. We are talking about kids 16 and younger here who don't even have a realistic chance to fight back (even if they had guns).

Not in anybody's book. Some books it's 16. Some it's 21. Some it's 31. Some people grow old and they never grow up. 18 is just another line drawn by the gobmint that you agree with because there are no disagreeable lines where the experts down at the bureau are concerned, are there? Are there any? ANY?

Old enough to die for your country, old enough to have a beer. How's that for drawing a line?

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against guns nor against anybody who makes them. I am just getting more p***ed off by the minute that there seems to be a large group who knows that the black market could be severely curtailed but are stopping everybody from doing it by yaddahing something about freedom, second amendment and uprising against the government. Rights come with obligations, and if society falls short on fulfilling those obligations laws have to be enacted to either force the fulfillment of the obligations or curtail the rights. It is as simple as that.

Yes, and what some of us get frustrated about, are people like you, who thought prohobition would be a great idea in the 20's. It didn't work out so well did it?

Of course, in the north they were called gin mills and in the south they were called moon shiners.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Yes, and what some of us get frustrated about, are people like you, who thought prohobition would be a great idea in the 20's. It didn't work out so well did it?

Of course, in the north they were called gin mills and in the south they were called moon shiners.

Don't forget our "War" on Drugs. That worked real well too.

• Like 2

I don't think that was what he was suggesting Michelle. I think he was saying we should think about raising children a lot better than we do now.

Edited by Ryinrea

It's not surprising that an armed guard, trained in the use of firearms, was able to stop a school shooter. Good. But i'm with the group that thinks it's a sad state of affairs that requires armed guards in schools. Our biggest threat in grade school was getting punched in the gut or slapped in the 'nads' in the hallway .. good times. lol

Edited by lightly

So much wrong with this post. First of all, if a janitor is being paid as an armed guard, he is a professional. Stopping school shooters would be doing his bloody job.

What does "the system" have to do with having armed guards? You're still complaining about that even when lives get saved? It's not the system, it's the society. It's bad parenting. It's a lack of respect for the cohesiveness of the only societal group that matters, the family.

An "armed resource officer" might as well be a janitor. We presume so much about the guard with no information, including a baseless belief that a janitor can't be trained in firearms and can't be a professional guard. Why? Apparently cliched beliefs that people who clean up the messes of others can't point a metal chuck at a target and pull a trigger effectively. Very strange that kind of thinking would appear in anyone advocating gun rights because it calls into question their own right to brandish firearms to protect others. Janitors have more character in their little fingers than most cops have in their entire bodies.

And before anyone goes there, the assertion about security guards needing combat experience puts the most troubled (depressed, disabled, homeless, unemployed, addicted, convicted) segment of our society a bullet away from our children if we're going to be putting combat veterans in charge of defending our schools. I don't care how politically incorrect it is to point these things out. People who want to wave a flag and sing a country song and pretend their patriotism alters reality won't want to admit just how tragic these wars are to our young people.

There is nothing wrong with trained armed security guards. I think the weapons should be checked in when they are off duty and that ammunition should be recorded. I'm not sure having people doing several duties -- like being a janitor and a security guard -- is such a good idea, and I especially am nervous about arming teachers for this. I think this is too much to ask of them and is asking for trouble.

A lot more thought needs to be given to ways to make the classroom physically safer, by making access more difficult and so on.

Most jobs have several duties or it's a pretty lousy job.

A janitor is a far better employee to arm than a teacher, since the teacher is in front of a captive audience for at least half the day, and half the time with a back turned away looking/pointing at what they're presenting.

A janitor can be as professional as a "professional". Instead of sitting around half-asleep not-staring at screens, he can make himself useful and clean some toilets. Either way, it's one thing at a time. He'll either put down the doughnut - or the mop - if there's trouble.

Also, the harder you make it to enter a classroom the harder you make it to escape it.