Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study:Humans killed off the thylacine

Big Bad Voodoo

duh, just like the cassowary is near extinction they shot them dead with heavy machine guns there's old footage of them doing it, it's only asumption they did the same for the tiger that could eat you as they did for the big bird that could tear you appart. But then again if it never happen what would Australia really be like, would it be similar to africa in regards to animal attacks even in the cities on occasion. Are waters in the topside are polluted with crocodiles, not saying that they shouldn't be there but they built towns on the demise of animals then allocated parks and "swimming holes" to the area. The government are struggling with the crocodile problem as it is and by that I mean they are simply turning a blind eye and the only person talking about it is a homophobic crackpot so go figure haha. But it would deffently be a different life with the Tiger fully roaming Australia as it once did, well several different sub-species of them roamed different parts of Australia but still and while you're at it bloom the cassowary population back to what it should be and woah. I think it would be pretty cool, kinda like the bears and wolves in America and elsewheres, scary none the less but interesting.

Oh while we're rallying for animals give us back bees, green tree frogs and delete the cane toad and find a better option :P

“Many people believe that bounty hunting alone could not have driven the thylacine extinct and therefore claim that an unknown disease epidemic must have been responsible,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To a certain extent they are right, but the deseased epidemic is known as MAN.

Give it another 100 years, you will have lots more threads like this, as long as man does not kill himself first.

@ the L that's not natural selection that's genocide/killing open your eyes and listen to what yours saying.I'm well sure if your were one of them you wouldn't like it!!!and especially saying that.anyway i believe that that some people/humans are above nature and HUMANS ARE NOT ABOVE NATURE WE SEEN THAT!!!believe it or not humans have to take care of nature better and respect it more or nature will take revenge and well see her wrath.I'm not i respect all forms of nature and life.poor animals

@ the L that's not natural selection that's genocide/killing open your eyes and listen to what yours saying.I'm well sure if your were one of them you wouldn't like it!!!and especially saying that.anyway i believe that that some people/humans are above nature and HUMANS ARE NOT ABOVE NATURE WE SEEN THAT!!!believe it or not humans have to take care of nature better and respect it more or nature will take revenge and well see her wrath.I'm not i respect all forms of nature and life.poor animals

I was cyncial there.

But you spoke as there is no hierarchy in animal world.

I'm all for conservation but at a certain point even nature ensures that some animals go extinct while others evolve to fill the niche. That has been the way of nature for as long as life has existed on this planet and it will continue long after humans go extinct.

I'm all for conservation but at a certain point even nature ensures that some animals go extinct while others evolve to fill the niche. That has been the way of nature for as long as life has existed on this planet and it will continue long after humans go extinct.

Thats with out saying, but there is a big difference between becoming extinct through nature to becoming extinct because of a bullet through your head.

Edited by freetoroam

No disrespect to the extinct species, but, I have to say... who the heck called them thylacine?

That sounds more like an anti-cancer drug for thyroid tumors.

They also extermited the people native Tasmania as well destroy is all that the Europeans know. They are like Cylons and Dylaks.

“Many people believe that bounty hunting alone could not have driven the thylacine extinct and therefore claim that an unknown disease epidemic must have been responsible,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To a certain extent they are right, but the deseased epidemic is known as MAN.

Give it another 100 years, you will have lots more threads like this, as long as man does not kill himself first.

Always sucks to think we may have been completely responsible for the complete extinction of a species,you never know what nature is capable of on her own though.Devil facial tumour disease is eradication by nature of the devils and i hate to see it.Always liked those animals.Taz was my favorite as a kid hahaha

• Like 1

Natural selection at best.

How is it natural selection when there is a bounty on the animals? It's closer to say genocide.

Did we not already know this? What else did hunters try to blame the Thyacline's extinction on?

Thyaclines had managed so well for so long, man kind are the spanner in the works.

• Like 1

Saying disease played a part in extinction sounds to me like an excuse for irresponsibility and not wanting to fess up that humans were mainly the cause of extinction.

What moron funded this study? Every Aussie knows this as a fact we wiped em out in about 50 years as a bounty to protection sheep farmers. what is the next study? Humans are responsible for wars? People find that a good rack is likely to lead to more funding of inane useless studies???

I can believe this people been killing off animals for millions of years

We have not been around for millions of years.

Beautiful animal... Would be nice to see one out in wild as a cryptid but little chance of that happening...

yea europeans are fruckers

Are you ok with an african man murdering the elephants to sell the tusks to a Chinese man?

Fruckers are not just limited to one race.

• Like 1

Shame on us. All of us.