Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare average $20K per family!

F3SS

Do you notice the backloaded cost on Obamacare here....Just think Path to Citizenship.

Whats that mean? Illegal immigrants will now be denied care? I'm not buying that legalese though. They won't be turned away and we will still foot the bill.

For the record, contrary to what my detractors would believe, I never really wanted that mainly when it comes to life threatening situations. We are Americans. Civil and humanitarian. I always figured that those costs and compassions were just part of being a civilized wealthy country. I don't like it but I'm a good person and don't want people to die. However, illegals should get quick and basic outpatient treatment. If it is known they are illegal and confined in a hospital already they should be picked up by ICE and deported to their own hospitals for further care.

Yes they will have to pay cash for services, But not denied services.....But they are only going to be illegals for how many more years ?

Once there citizens and set up on the welfare system (some not all) then we will add to the burden of that "middle class" payer.

I will bet that is first big hike we see in premium rates about the same time.

Edited by AsteroidX

A bit concerning:

How does a health plan maintain “grandfathered” status?

In general, the ability for existing coverage to maintain grandfathered plan status depends on the actions of the insurer and/or the policy holder (e.g., individual purchaser).

For example, existing health plans are limited in the changes they can make and still retain grandfathered status. According to interim regulations, if any of the following six types of changes are made to an existing benefits package, the plan will lose grandfather status. In brief, these changes are:

1. Elimination of all or substantially all benefits to diagnose or treat a particular condition.
  2. Increase in a percentage cost-sharing requirement (e.g., raising an individual’s co-insurance requirement from 20% to 25%).
  3. Increase in a deductible or out-of-pocket maximum by an amount that exceeds medical inflation plus 15 percentage points.
  4. Increase in a co-payment by an amount that exceeds medical inflation plus 15 percentage points (or, if greater, $5 plus medical inflation).
  5. Decrease in an employer’s contribution rate towards the cost of coverage by more than 5 percentage points.
  6. Imposition of annual limits on the dollar value of all benefits below specified amounts.

Additionally, to be considered a grandfathered plan, a health plan must comply with certain record-keeping and notification requirements.

_

not all of judge people by stereotypes y'know fess.

the world has the opinion that all americans are 'stoopid', but nearly 25% of you hold a degree, and that's pretty impressive, and the world seems to think that us brits are all effeminate tea-drinkers, when in reality, we're all a bunch of drunken, hooligan thugs!

but i've never believed anything I read in newspapers anyway.....

gormless..., it's a yorkshire word that can only be best described as really really naturally clumsy.

imagine two retards with a tube of superglue, or an epileptic on crystal meth with a machete?

not a good thing.....

:-)

So far, I'll consider you an honorary American. I like your words. Thanks for the definition. Very funny.

Yes they will have to pay cash for services, But not denied services.....But they are only going to be illegals for how many more years ?

Once there citizens and set up on the welfare system (some not all) then we will add to the burden of that "middle class" payer.

I will bet that is first big hike we see in premium rates about the same time.

But what if they don't have cash? If they're illegal they're likely not making a lot of money unless they're into something else illegal besides citizen status.

Then the cost will passed down just as it is now.

Summary of Benefits and Coverage

What is a “Summary of Benefits and Coverage” and “Uniform Glossary”?

The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Uniform Glossary are documents designed to help consumers understand their health insurance coverage and choices.

· The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is a standardized 8 page document that outlines a health plan’s major benefits, costs and coverage limitations. It also includes information on consumer rights, appeals and grievances, and coverage examples for some typical costs under the plan. To view a sample completed SBC, click here.

And when you click that link you get this. Its all over the board spending the past hour and a half reading and searching...I dont know what to believe except were gonna get stuck with taxes and bills.

http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/files/Files2/02102012/sample-completed-sbcfinal.pdf.pdf

Man if you gathered all that in just a few posts you're in for a ride if you stick around here. That said I'd bet that it's happening to you too. There are governments and scammers everywhere in the world and they're all out for the same things. Money, power and things all on your behalf.

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully we won't find out but the talk is everywhere. That's another topic that'll take you for a ride. I see you're new here. These debates are happening daily.

_

yup, i'm new here. stumbled across this site by accident, while my playstation was being mended, and i'm glad I did.

there are a couple of flakey pages on here, people who think they talk to god, or can kill people just by looking at them, but I was after some new sciencey stuff, bit of politics maybe (the t-shirt's a bit of a giveaway), and there ARE some interesting people on here if you look out for them, but most of all, I was looking for debate, and to be informed, and this neck of the woods seems to have both!

so noob, yes, but in a fortnight you'll be sick to death of me!

:-)

I gots to go now, work in the morning 'n stuff, but thanks to the lot of you for talking sense instead of bulls**t 'government agents stole my friend's hamster's waterbottle' stuff!

have fun!

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 2

Then the cost will passed down just as it is now.

As I thought. That legal speak is nonsense.

And when you click that link you get this. Its all over the board spending the past hour and a half reading and searching...I dont know what to believe except were gonna get stuck with taxes and bills.

That's the gist of it. That's all I ever get out of it.

As I've said many times before and a few times in this thread that I too would love universal healthcare. The problem is the irresponsibility that comes with government handling our money. I'd have to think long and hard before voting for such a thing if it were to arise. I'd be weary of the 'catch' whatever that may be. Our founders weren't stupid. They knew our government was never meant to run our lives. Just manage them in a way, maybe. The day we have administration after administration that consecutively reduces our debt and spends less than they bring in I may concede that government is responsible enough appropriate our taxes towards 'free' healthcare. Right now I just want them the heck out of my life and my paycheck. They don't deserve to be involved in either. Unfortunately our ideas of government issued healthcare is just a pipe dream.

I agree that Government is too irresponsible to handle our healthcare. But yet considering the fact that doctor errors and medical mistakes kill more people per year then guns makes me think that doctors are not responsible enough either. So what to do what to do. Universal healthcare works well in some other countries. I guess I will just keep doing what i have been doing- that is, exercising, eating healthy, and hoping that I will not fall victim to a horrible accident. At least I have decent insurance already so I would be somewhat protected from bankruptcy. Our system currently is broke, has been broke for at least the last 10 years, and will be just as broke under Obamacare but at least more people will hopefully not go bankrupt because of it. Or perhaps more people will go bankrupt because of it :w00t: You are right about one thing, our healthcare system is a cluster****, but it was before Obamacare anyways, and it will be after Obamacare is fully implemented. That is the point I am trying to make. People keep arguing against Obamacare, but its not like the system was working before it! Maybe it was working for you, but it was not working for millions of Americans before it. Worst comes to worst and if it really sucks that bad then it will be repealed anyways, so I am not losing sleep over it.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he said he hates white people, is a north korean agent, and wants to bring about an muslin empire. who dreams up this dreck

Well (this is originally Ninjadude's response to my post that I heard Obama supports single payer health plan), it looks like he wants it both ways:

Sorry, I haven't been on this thread for awhile, I'm trying to catch up. There are too many interesting threads on UM!

it was not rushed. It was available and debated for over a year.

One year to completely change a country of four hundred million people health care with an incredibly complicated economy and overly complicated tax system? It should have taken years just to plan it with as many 'what if' scenarios sorted out in order to prevent the eventual failure it is likely to be. Why fix it as we go along?. That is something that has never worked well. We never learn from our mistakes in the past. People want more stuff but never take into account the real world problems. On paper it sounds great, in reality it rarely is.

Edited by Esoteric Toad
  • Like 3

it was not rushed. It was available and debated for over a year.

a year,not much time at all,come on you need more time than that,Ohdumba's care plan is that he doesn't care and shot his jerk plan into motion fatser than the jerk could pass the gun bann., I dont like OBAMA ,not one bit,But the jerk is only doing what stupid people want,the ZOMBIE IDIOT. JMO

JMO

Not. Not just your opinion.

Funny how if someone makes $30.000 a year and duffus wants to take $20.000 for health care,that leaves $10.000,rent is $900.00 a month,power is $200. water is $200 gass is $75.00 a month,Now tell me how much is left for food,clothing,car note,gass for car,insurance to drive said car, what does that equil at the end of the year. to live on.Not everyone is going to make Money high enough to even live.Obama care should be called Obama poor house.Impeach the bum and run his ass out of the country on a rail tarred and feathered.J M O.

Edited by The Unseen

We have been advised to pull from our discretionary funds to cover the difference.

Well (this is originally Ninjadude's response to my post that I heard Obama supports single payer health plan), it looks like he wants it both ways:

Apparently you are correct. I really couldn't see Obama in the AFLCIO speech. I heard him of course but it looked like someone else.

One year to completely change a country of four hundred million people health care with an incredibly complicated economy and overly complicated tax system?

because for the largest number of people, very little will change.

It should have taken years just to plan it with as many 'what if' scenarios sorted out in order to prevent the eventual failure it is likely to be.

If we did that, nothing would EVER get done.

Why fix it as we go along?.

generally, fixing something as you go along is the correct approach to many issues.

People want more stuff but never take into account the real world problems.

People aren't getting more stuff. They're getting pretty much what they have now. Unless you're uninsured.

• Like 1

Funny how if someone makes $30.000 a year and duffus wants to take $20.000 for health care,that leaves $10.000

that would be funny but those numbers are complete hogwash. Why don't you go and actually input your 30K salary and find out the real numbers.

• Like 1

Here you all go: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/#

That $20,000 a year number is complete BS just so you know. Enter your info in there and it will tell you about how much you can expect to pay.

Here you all go: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/#

That $20,000 a year number is complete BS just so you know. Enter your info in there and it will tell you about how much you can expect to pay.

From the link. Last sentence on 'your coverage' after you enter details.

"You are exempt from the penalty if the least expensive plan option in your area exceeds eight percent of your income."

Wow, so you have to spend at least 8% of your income or get fined also. But it's telling me how much a plan costs. It's only saying how much the fine will be and it's the same for $30k as it is for $1M. I don't think it works.

I can stick my ^&%$ in there I know what I can expect to pay as well. Which one do you think Im gonna pick. :tsu:

Edited by AsteroidX

From the link. Last sentence on 'your coverage' after you enter details.

"You are exempt from the penalty if the least expensive plan option in your area exceeds eight percent of your income."

Wow, so you have to spend at least 8% of your income or get fined also. But it's telling me how much a plan costs. It's only saying how much the fine will be and it's the same for $30k as it is for $1M. I don't think it works.

No it is saying that you DO NOT have to pay a penalty at all IF the least expensive plan in your area exceeds 8% of your income. In other words, if the cheapest plan in your area is more than 8% of your income and you decide not to get that plan then you do not have to pay any penalty. I don't know why it is not telling you how much a plan costs. According to the site for my income and tax status: "Based on your income, your annual premiums for that plan would be no more than $3,800. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 30 percent of the total cost." So I would be paying $317 a month at the most, and that would be if I got my own plan, which is about what I would have to pay right now if I wanted my own plan anyways. You need to select that you plan to have insurance in order for it to show you how much insurance costs would likely be for you. When you select that you do not currently have insurance then it gives you the estimated penalty amount. I input $40k a year income and single filing status and my penalty if I chose to not be insured would be about $744 dollars per year. It seems to be pretty accurate based on the actual anticipated costs going forward, for me anyways.

Here you all go: http://www.washingto...means-for-you/#

I like this one.

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/healthpolicy/calculator/

I entered 0

No it is saying that you DO NOT have to pay a penalty at all IF the least expensive plan in your area exceeds 8% of your income. In other words, if the cheapest plan in your area is more than 8% of your income and you decide not to get that plan then you do not have to pay any penalty. I don't know why it is not telling you how much a plan costs. According to the site for my income and tax status: "Based on your income, your annual premiums for that plan would be no more than $3,800. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 30 percent of the total cost." So I would be paying $317 a month at the most, and that would be if I got my own plan, which is about what I would have to pay right now if I wanted my own plan anyways. You need to select that you plan to have insurance in order for it to show you how much insurance costs would likely be for you. When you select that you do not currently have insurance then it gives you the estimated penalty amount. I input $40k a year income and single filing status and my penalty if I chose to not be insured would be about $744 dollars per year. It seems to be pretty accurate based on the actual anticipated costs going forward, for me anyways.

Maybe I missed something or maybe cause I'm on an ipad. Thanks, I'll retry later on a PC.