Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Super Bowl XLVII

Indiogene

All over the west coast, people like my Mom are rooting for the 49ers (Go Niners! Woo hoo!). My family are into the Red-and-Gold, instead of the Chargers and Raiders (we never cared for the old L.A. Rams). Many 49ers fans remember the 80s as the heyday of the Joe Montana era and the 1995 team the last time them Niners went to the Super Bowl.

They're on the quest for six (currently 5-0) and made it back to the Super Bowl under coach Jim Harbaugh versus his brother John coaching the Baltimore Ravens, making Super Bowl XLVII the first one when brothers coach opposing teams ("the Super Baugh" or "Harbowl"). The 49ers are highly favored to win and if they do, their super bowl record would make the Steelers jealous of having lost two (I think that's correct).

http://www.cbsnews.c...49ers-matchups/

What team are you rooting for and/or are you watching the game this Sunday the 3rd?

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indiogene

• pallidin

• buckskin scout

• AsteroidX

49ers...Go LaMichael James. I hope they let him shine. He was absolutely amazing to watch in college.

I think the 49's are going to take it.

Just an opinion.

Edited by pallidin

Unbelievable! :no: The Ravens lead the whole game and the 49ers may recharged after the half-hour power outage in the 3rd quarter to only be deceived by Crabtree's poor catch prevented the team from scoring ahead. The Ravens won 34-31 to hold a reminder for 49er fans...they underestimated the opponent. :td:

Unbelievable! :no: The Ravens lead the whole game and the 49ers may recharged after the half-hour power outage in the 3rd quarter to only be deceived by Crabtree's poor catch prevented the team from scoring ahead. The Ravens won 34-31 to hold a reminder for 49er fans...they underestimated the opponent. :td:

I believe more people ahem "football experts" actually may have picked the Ravens because they are solid. It was only Kaepernick's tenth or eleventh pro game in all as 49er QB.

The first half gave impressions of a being a route.

The Raven should have been called for holding on that fourth and goal play though. That sucked!

I can go through all kinds of what-if scenarios to my heart's content. But if the Niners had taken the lead and won, it would have been the Super Bowl's greatest comeback rally and a 6th Super Bowl title. Previously, the greatest comeback victories in a Super Bowl were a mere 10 points each. This one would have been a 22-point deficit.

After gaining a 28-06 lead on the 49ers, the Ravens were outscored from early in the third quarter to the end of the game 25-06.

Turned out to be an incredible game.

All this talk about conspiracy involving the black out. Was listening to Coast To Coast that night and they were going into all this redundant talk about the "meanings" of certain things about the power outage. I like listening to the show, but sometimes they do get ridiculous.

After half of the lights went out in the Super Dome, the 49ers made a comeback and almost won the game.

The thing is that if the 49ers had won the game after being down 28-6 before the lights issues, many people would be saying that the 49ers got lucky and that they never would have won if some of the lights never went out. So I'm sort of glad that the Ravens hung on to win.