Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Groundhog Day

DieChecker

Punxsutawney Phil was dragged out into the daylight this morning and presented to a supposed crowd of 35,000 people. Where Phil supposedly did NOT see his shadow and thus, as the tradition goes, there will be an early Spring.

http://darkroom.balt...unxsutawney/#10

GroundhogDay3.jpg

• Like 1

YES! Sometime during last month I told my dad that Spring was coming early! I was right! I'm so done with this cold weather!!!! Thank you Punxsutawney Phil!

Why are they dressed as undertakers?

Edited by freetoroam

Why are they dressed as undertakers?

It's a very old groundhog...

I noticed this morning that the sunlight was starting to look summery.

It's a very old groundhog...

Not sure about summery, daffodils are poking their heads out and the sun is out, but boy!!! its still brass monkeys out there.

Not sure about summery, daffodils are poking their heads out and the sun is out, but boy!!! its still brass monkeys out there.

It was rather deceiving I have to be honest, mighty cold still, but it was an encouraging sign, before we know it we'll be out in the parks enjoying the sun again.

It was rather deceiving I have to be honest, mighty cold still, but it was an encouraging sign, before we know it we'll be out in the parks enjoying the sun again.

Very strange weather. before we know it we will only be having 2 seasons, summer and winter, we are not far off that now.

Heh, not surprised... Todays forecast there calls for overcast skies and snow with a couple inches accumulation possible. Phil is accuracy is under 40% too. Personally, I trust Farmers Almanac more.

You know, I was only thinking yesterday that it felt like a lovely autumn day here in Queensland.

• 1 year later...

right now my legs are hairier than a groundhog's.

when i shave them that is when spring is arriving.

i will keep you posted

Err....I watched the little ceremony...he saw his shadow.....Punxsutawney Phil that is...the 3 imposters in 1 in Ohio, 1 inNew York and 1 somewhere else supposedly did NOT see their shadows...but they are posers and only Phil counts...

It will snow in April....

Edited by Jeremiah65