Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Skeet-Shooting Photograph

questionmark

So people howl about how Obama hates guns. Obama points out that he doesn't hate guns and goes skeet shooting. Then the same people howl about how no photo was put out to prove this claim. The Whitehouse rolls its eyes and puts out a photo. Now people are claiming the photo is fake?

You know I wonder if Obama came out in favour of oxygen if some of our members would immediately stop breathing.

Wow... very insulting. I am peeved that is infringing upon the second constitution, I am peeved that he referred to it as a tradition, not a right or liberty. The smoke should have went out of both sides and the end of the barrel, but as you can see in the photo, it didn't come out of the side. Plus the barrel is solid with no ports in it to allow the smoke to escape, so yes the photo is photo shopped with Obama holding the shotgun. Anyone can stand and hold a gun, then add extra effects to make it look like he is skeet shooting, but a keen eye would notice the details in the photo. If he actually taken the time to use a shotgun with ports on the side of the barrel, then I would most likely to believe, but he didn't which lead to me noticing it quickly. Plus with his line of sight, he should have been aiming higher to make it more believable. The way he is holding the shotgun is extremely irresponsible too. because the pellets can fly many yards before it completely falls to the ground. With all he been saying and what I have observed, he is irresponsible and shouldn't be a gun owner like he said many times over.

You can't bake and eat your pie at the same time Obama.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Uncle

Aztek provided a photo of at least one shotgun with side ports on only one side. I'm not much of a shotgun guy, but it looks legit to me.

• Like 1

Uncle

Aztek provided a photo of at least one shotgun with side ports on only one side. I'm not much of a shotgun guy, but it looks legit to me.

While aztek showed us a type of gun that exists,the phenomenon above is of a different nature. Obama is at his second shot at the clay disk, having evidently missed the first. The throw came from the right, where you see the upwards gun smoke (first shot, upper barrel) and what you are seeing is the moment of the second shot. The thing coming out the barrel after the smoke is the plastic casing used to hold the pellets in the shell (second shot, lower barrel). That he is not an assiduous skeet shooter is proven by the fact that he is trying to shoot a target that has almost reached the ground, where even the best miss 80% of the time.

All that happens in a few seconds when you are shooting at clay targets.

• Like 1

Uncle

In the photo of Obama, do you see any ports on the shotgun's barrel?

While aztek showed us a type of gun that exists,the phenomenon above is of a different nature. Obama is at his second shot at the clay disk, having evidently missed the first. The throw came from the right, where you see the upwards gun smoke (first shot, upper barrel) and what you are seeing is the moment of the second shot. The thing coming out the barrel after the smoke is the plastic casing used to hold the pellets in the shell (second shot, lower barrel). That he is not an assiduous skeet shooter is proven by the fact that he is trying to shoot a target that has almost reached the ground, where even the best miss 80% of the time.

All that happens in a few seconds when you are shooting at clay targets.

Hey messed up, the order is lower barrel, upper barrel, because there is less jump with the lower barrel as I am just told. Sorry (see what I know about skeet shooting?)

Wow... very insulting. I am peeved that is infringing upon the second constitution, I am peeved that he referred to it as a tradition, not a right or liberty. The smoke should have went out of both sides and the end of the barrel, but as you can see in the photo, it didn't come out of the side. Plus the barrel is solid with no ports in it to allow the smoke to escape, so yes the photo is photo shopped with Obama holding the shotgun. Anyone can stand and hold a gun, then add extra effects to make it look like he is skeet shooting, but a keen eye would notice the details in the photo. If he actually taken the time to use a shotgun with ports on the side of the barrel, then I would most likely to believe, but he didn't which lead to me noticing it quickly. Plus with his line of sight, he should have been aiming higher to make it more believable. The way he is holding the shotgun is extremely irresponsible too. because the pellets can fly many yards before it completely falls to the ground. With all he been saying and what I have observed, he is irresponsible and shouldn't be a gun owner like he said many times over.

You can't bake and eat your pie at the same time Obama.

If your upset about new gun laws then put up rational objections to them. Building conspiracy theories over things that don't matter only hurts your cause. This whole situation should be a non-issue expect it was turned into an issue because people hate anything and everything that Obama does or says. Thus the comment that if Obama said he liked oxygen some people would turn around and condemn breathing to suit their irrational hatred of the president.

• Like 2

Plus the barrel is solid with no ports in it to allow the smoke to escape, so yes the photo is photo shopped with Obama holding the shotgun.

Get real. Lets think about your claim logically, shall we?

You claim that the picture is photoshopped, so answer me these questions:

1) Why photoshop it when you can just get a shot gun and fire it?

2) If they did photoshop the picture, why did they photoshop the gun into the picture rather than have him pose infront of a green screen and shoot an actual gun?

3) If they did photoshop either the background or the gun, why add a fake muzzle blast to the side if it doesn't actually belong there?

Your claim doesn't make any logical sense.

Anyone can stand and hold a gun, then add extra effects to make it look like he is skeet shooting

Why go through all that trouble when you can just have him skeet shoot in the first place?

• Like 1

lol, no doubt the pic, is a PR stunt, pretty sure it was not his usual shooting sesion when he was cought by photographer.

now he feel the need to find a common ground with gunowners, but we don't buy this PR crap.

lol, no doubt the pic, is a PR stunt, pretty sure it was not his usual shooting sesion when he was cought by photographer.

now he feel the need to find a common ground with gunowners, but we don't buy this PR crap.

You mean they can foresee the future?

(Now it is in the right thread)

In the photo of Obama, do you see any ports on the shotgun's barrel?

Yes and no. The picture is not close enough, but you do see the smoke exhaust coming out the right side of the barrel.

As I recall, the photo Aztek showed here had ports on the right hand side of the barrel. I'm no authority because it's been years since I've fired a shotgun, and never was much of a skeet shooter.

Don't get me wrong--I don't trust Obama as far as I can throw him, but it seems he might actually shoot some skeet out there from time to time.

I am peeved that is infringing upon the second constitution,

maybe you should find and read the "first" constitution.

Get real. Lets think about your claim logically, shall we?

You claim that the picture is photoshopped, so answer me these questions:

1) Why photoshop it when you can just get a shot gun and fire it?

2) If they did photoshop the picture, why did they photoshop the gun into the picture rather than have him pose infront of a green screen and shoot an actual gun?

3) If they did photoshop either the background or the gun, why add a fake muzzle blast to the side if it doesn't actually belong there?

Your claim doesn't make any logical sense.

Why go through all that trouble when you can just have him skeet shoot in the first place?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't shoot skeet often. Everyone I know says that they go "shoot skeet", not go "skeet shooting". The devil is in the details. :-*

Maybe it's a southern thing.

Edited by Bama13

LOL now you can even get your own Skeet Shooting President action figure.

Article

I love the comment under that article by a reader - :tu:

Hey, Mr. Prez! You big hunka! Do you and your buds hunt skeet?

Oh, sure! You bet! We hunt skeets; we eat skeets; we love skeets!

• Like 2

Who cares?

So the guy shoots a little skeet when there's a fully maintained trap course out his back door. And yes, it's a ported shotgun. He is aiming up. And even if he wasn't, there are such things as "rabbits" - skeet that are shot low and down.

But none of this makes his and his party's assault on the 2nd Amendment any more or less acceptable. Although it has done a lot to p*** off the anti-gun nuts.

• Like 2

Who cares?

But none of this makes his and his party's assault on the 2nd Amendment any more or less acceptable. Although it has done a lot to p*** off the anti-gun nuts.

The gun nuts were already p*ssed off. They are just looking for ways to extend that anger.

• Like 1

The gun nuts were already p*ssed off. They are just looking for ways to extend that anger.

But when "gun nuts" are po'd you'd better worry. When "anti-gun nuts" are po'd it is funny, but not deadly. :w00t:

• Like 1

I am worried when Anti-Gun nuts are p***ed off, because they want to infringe upon our constitution right. They don't listen to reason or common sense, they look for quick band-aid solutions instead of lasting solutions. They want to make legal gun owners criminals instead of going after the criminals and deranged individuals. They want to make someone pay, even if the person is a kind individual who happens to cherish his right to bare arms. That is what I am afraid of, it is individuals who are self-proclaim defenders of the weak and ignorant, who is willing to jump on the first band wagon the politicians decide to start. They are so blind to the politicians agendas, that they are willing to give up everyone's rights in exchange for safety for themselves, because they are afraid of something they don't understand. Well I am not willing to give up everyone's liberties and rights for my own safety, regardless if I have someone threatening me or pointing a gun at my head. Anti-Gun individuals are selfish and don't listen to those that want to keep their guns, because they think they know what is best. You sir don't know what is best, you are a tyrant and a dictator in the making, because you think you can control people. You can't and you will never control me. The path to hell is paved with good intentions, you are paving your way to hell everyday when you want to infringe upon other's rights. Anti-Gun Nuts are dangerous for the constitution and people's rights. Their a minority, but they are a loud minority that throws tantrums when they don't get what they want. They call us Pro-Gun individuals murders, liars, and conspiracies. They can go ahead and call us every name under the sun, I will not give up mine and other's right to bare arms for temporary of the safety of a few when we have the tools to protect others and ourselves right in our hands.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

They don't listen to reason or common sense, they look for quick band-aid solutions instead of lasting solutions. They want to make legal gun owners criminals instead of going after the criminals and deranged individuals.

Sam, last time someone tried to going after the criminal's and the mentally deranged individual's guns, a topic was started about how the police were being evil and disarming everyone. Perhaps the "anti gunners" don't have the monopoly on unreasonable...

• Like 3

LOL...

obama-forwar.jpgobama-shooting-wrong.jpg

obama-gun-green-screen.jpg

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1