Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is proof of alien life a risk to society ?

Saru

I don't think that other-worldly beings are a risk to today's society. That society is already breaking under it's own crooked antics.

That's for sure. Wars, deforestation, pollution. We crap in our own pants.

Would you call that...Faith?

I wouldn't call it faith but more like common sense.

I don't think Extraterrestrials would be a problem, but maybe about 50 percent of the world would want to strangle the Government for them hiding this for over 60 years. People would definitely open up more and lose trust in the Government.

I don't think Extraterrestrials would be a problem, but maybe about 50 percent of the world would want to strangle the Government for them hiding this for over 60 years. People would definitely open up more and lose trust in the Government.

That's just fantasy though. The US Government cannot hide ET, everyone else like China, France, The MIddle East Korea, all have the capabilities to see what comes into and out of US airspace and have no reason to keep quiet about it.

This is true because I still haven't received my Miller Lite that got turned into a Mountain Dew. People buying a case of 23 is really bad.

I'm not kidding around because around that time I posted a crazy Oak Island story. Tell the "Aliens" guys to screw off.

Edited by kampz

I wouldn't call it faith but more like common sense.

I thought science wants Hard Evidence not Speculation.

The fact seems obvious that while life may be common, ET is nowhere to be seen. Three possibilities as I see it. First, they destroy themselves. Second, they are much less likely to evolve than we think. Third, and I think this is the most likely, they find somewhere else to go.

That's just fantasy though. The US Government cannot hide ET, everyone else like China, France, The MIddle East Korea, all have the capabilities to see what comes into and out of US airspace and have no reason to keep quiet about it.

It seems to me that if we are speaking of a technologically advanced Alien civilization(s), these UFOs might very well have the capability to avoid detection on radars and satellites, therefore it is perhaps not illogical to speculate that, these comes and go could be kept relatively secret.

I do not believe that is the case, I personally don't buy this kind of conspiracy theory but clearly it stems from the fact that on many occasions in the past the US governement doesn't seem to have been fully transparent. Laws such as the States Secrets Protection Act are indeed mistrusted by many American citizens.

Also, if the United States governement could be crystal clear and disclose it's UFO files to be done with it, it would probably take off some of the myth. Despite the fact that many country did just so, the US has yet no intention of following the thrend.

The fact seems obvious that while life may be common, ET is nowhere to be seen. Three possibilities as I see it. First, they destroy themselves. Second, they are much less likely to evolve than we think. Third, and I think this is the most likely, they find somewhere else to go.

Depend who you ask, I mean thousands of people around the world report UFO sightings basically every year. Of course, many of these find natural, terrestrial explanations but not all. I am not saying any of those must be Alien visitations, just that ''ET is nowehere to be seen'' is perhaps not that obvious for everyone.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 2

Orson Welles to the tenth power ! Visiting here is probably like a day out at the zoo. That's why many see windows on these craft, easier to see the monkeys at play.

Edited by Forever Cursed

The possibilities and consequences of such a discovery have been discussed at the World Economic Forum.

"In 10 years' time, we may have evidence not only that Earth is not unique, but also that life exists elsewhere in the universe," states the WEF Global Risks report for 2013. "The discovery of even simple life would fuel speculation about the existence of other intelligent beings and challenge many assumptions that underpin human philosophy and religion."

No worse than financial corruption, crime, mental derangement from TV, stress and anxiety of earning a living, fear of economic breakdown, and a host of other modern cultural nightmares.

That's for sure. Wars, deforestation, pollution. We crap in our own pants.

I am doing what I can to stop it. Alien life on earth isn't going to change our leaders' lack of foresight, because that specific virtue just isn't honored like it should be.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

It seems to me that if we are speaking of a technologically advanced Alien civilization(s), these UFOs might very well have the capability to avoid detection on radars and satellites, therefore it is perhaps not illogical to speculate that, these comes and go could be kept relatively secret.

Lets say in a perfect alien world you are correct. To me, it does not even seem possible, let alone likely that every Alien sneaks in and out of the Atmosphere, but lets say they miraculously evade every type of detection we have had for the last 60 years from all aspects of the light spectrum to every sound that disturbs out atmosphere, to every radio source and every single amateur astronomer, which must number well into the millions and monitor the skies 24/7 365 days a year and satellites - these amazing aliens can somehow avoid everything on earth, but simple RADAR manages to catch them from time to time.

If so, how is it not one single RADAR capture across all time shows any trajectory heading into or out of our atmosphere let alone the solar system? Why would they all be earthly trajectories, and why are they all, and I do mean every single one, travel around earth, and never are seen entering or leaving?

They do not just avoid, they get caught by stupidly basic systems that indicate that UFO's originate, and stay right here on earth.

I do not believe that is the case, I personally don't buy this kind of conspiracy theory but clearly it stems from the fact that on many occasions in the past the US governement doesn't seem to have been fully transparent. Laws such as the States Secrets Protection Act are indeed mistrusted by many American citizens.

I truly wonder what sort of thought processes go on there. Is there anyone on earth who is actually stupid enough to not understand that a Government, who does have to defend these very illogical citizens must have secrets due to the very nature of it's existence?

But to be fair, I honestly can see where some of these people are coming from, the CIA seems to do far more damage than good based on the better know cases as well as experimentation on citizens. That indeed would be a bitter pill to swallow, the people who were hurt by inhumane experiments like MKUltra probably paid for the privilege by way of taxes. But these people do not seem to be able to understand that by the same token, these unscrupulous instances are also brought down by honest people in the same employ. Whilst I do agree one must keep ones guard up, I think there is also a limit, and going too far helps nobody. One must remain vigilant of that going on around themselves, beyond that, I think it's just an excuse. People for instance like Zoser just want to buck mainstream, they do not even know if what they are saying is even possibly valid.

I do not feel that distrust is warranted in most cases, I think many see it as "cool" more than understand that which they reject.

Also, if the United States governement could be crystal clear and disclose it's UFO files to be done with it, it would probably take off some of the myth. Despite the fact that many country did just so, the US has yet no intention of following the thrend.

They have released quite a bit actually, yet what we have seen from the US and every other country in the world corroborates to the fact that nobody seems to know anything.

I think it is a lazy "out" too. The average person on this forum now carries a computer in their top pocket that Apollo Astronauts could only dream of, and they managed to get all the way to the moon. We can seek these answers, and we have access to historical archives, we can buy totally cool imaging devices from powerful telescopes to night vision goggles. People can follow their own personal investigations, but not a single believer does, they just want the answers they have in their heads handed to them on a platter. UFOLogy is the lazy mans alternative to UAP Research.

Unless you want to count MUFON flashing torches at the skies every couple of months. Which I have to say, I found amusing described as anything more than a late night BBQ in the desert. And in that respect, I see the value. But as far as knowing anything about aliens go, MUFON are probably going to be amongst the very last people on earth to "know" anything that has happened or will develop in the future.

Depend who you ask, I mean thousands of people around the world report UFO sightings basically every year. Of course, many of these find natural, terrestrial explanations but not all. I am not saying any of those must be Alien visitations, just that ''ET is nowehere to be seen'' is perhaps not that obvious for everyone.

Seen some myself. And I was very inspired by the experiences. So has my wife, yet neither of us has any reason to think at all what we saw was an alien spaceship, but I can see how people get overexcited being witness to such an event.

UFOlogy continues to repeat the "affirmation" amongst it's followers:

That unexplained 5% must be ET.

But that is simply not the case. Not even 0.000001% HAS to be ET. It might be, but there is simply no reason to link the two other than pop culture fuelled imagination.

ET is simply the new Greek God. Just Like Zeus threw thunder bolts, lights in the sky are aliens. Some do not have the initiative to think beyond attributing the unknown to a higher power, which seems to me more likely how religion was born. And that's not doing us an awful lot of good today either. There is nothing wrong with going back to the drawing board even now and saying "throw it ALL off the table, lets start again with what we now know, nothing is certain. With critical thinking, ET would not even get to the table. - Hence the Ed Stewart quote in my signature. ET is more than likely out there, just not here buzzing backwoods hicks for fun and games, or ever taking the risk and expending the resources to travel to this remote spot. UFO people tend to forget that the Universe is really big.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I thought science wants Hard Evidence not Speculation.

Science is the pursuit of knowledge, not a container of it. It does rely on hard evidence, but at times, speculation is required to get to the hard evidence. Tricky spot to be in as so many abuse the ideal and think hat means speculating anything at all, and some even seem to think the wilder the idea, the more profound it must be. I suspect because the "box" they believe they have "thought out of" like space is so large, that many do not realise they never so much as find a side during their entire lives.

To abuse imagination and call it profound is simply nonsense. People like to feel special, and think they are special. Not they case, we are all the same. Nobody has this esoteric knowledge they crap on about, they just say that so they may feel superior when in reality they are not at all, and often, used as a cover up that such people tend to fail academically. Things are what they are.

Speculation still can have a very solid base point, and logical growth, it does not have to be the craziest thing one can think of, which some do seem to think is the case. Lazar speculated element 115. He was wrong about every single thing about it, but people went hey, it fits into the periodic table!! He must be onto something!! Not realising all they while they too can do exactly what Lazar did by just having a decent look at the thing and simply extrapolating the very next number. Rather than rocket science, that's child's play.

To be called fact, one has to be able to perform on demand. That is where speculation is verified and can become fact. Some facts push others out of the barrel of science too as our knowledge increases and understanding is improved upon. Everyone should be able to understand and accept revisions. That is a part of life.

• Like 1

No worse than financial corruption, crime, mental derangement from TV, stress and anxiety of earning a living, fear of economic breakdown, and a host of other modern cultural nightmares.

Crime may affect you intermittently, but financial corruption seems long way from your little world, although I see what you are saying with regards to derangement from TV, you being an Ancient Aliens proponent and all.

I am doing what I can to stop it.

That is quite a claim, I do not suppose I might inquire as to how you are "stopping it"?

I would like there to be proof of Alien Life ,then we can decide If theres a Risk? :gun::alien::no:

Orson Welles to the tenth power ! Visiting here is probably like a day out at the zoo. That's why many see windows on these craft, easier to see the monkeys at play.

We could possibly invite the Reptilian Orions first, they've been here before so our evolution is nothing new to them. Of course then all hell will break loose across the visible galaxy; our known universe.

Edited by spacelizard667

Remember not to Blink ! You just might of missed the universe you just walked past ? :tu:

We could possibly invite the Reptilian Orions first, they've been here before so our evolution is nothing new to them. Of course then all hell will break loose across the visible galaxy; our known universe.

Read a story saying they were already here in the deserts of Arizona. One was seen waving at 3 Tri-athletes.

<p>

That is quite a claim, I do not suppose I might inquire as to how you are "stopping it"?

It's quite easy. Step 1: stop being a douche

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

Read a story saying they were already here in the deserts of Arizona. One was seen waving at 3 Tri-athletes.

Wait ! That may have been a flash back of a Geico commercial. :whistle:

Hopefully...it might only pose a risk to Exxon's stock. :yes:

Remember to get a Photo,and a radar heading next time !

I am looking to assemble a team for next years alien hunting season.

the problem is that they have special abillities that we do not have, and they seem to know how to catch me when I have no electronics on me.

someone stole $1500.00 worth of electronics from me just a few weeks prior to the alien visit here in British Columbia.