Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Pictures from Texas. You haven't seen

Ugly1

:huh: I am starving for details. Please sir, I want some more.

:D

I love talking about them!

I guess you could say I have seen 3 all up in my lifetime, but I am pretty convinced one was a satellite, I just need to one day plot my sighting on Heavens Above to see if I can work out which one. Quite enlightening that one, I was out camping with the Family and was out at night looking for Koala's with family and friends, on Mt. Byron in Queensland and as I was wandering along, I looked up, and saw this white light moving, I stopped for a second, got my balance, and looked again, and I could have sworn the thing had to have turned 90 degrees and travelled a reasonable distance to a new location, and was not again drifting lazily in the sky.

Of course, being the sketpic I am, I did not believe myself. Luckily before I looked away, I plotted the location against 2 stars. I located them ,and realised I had shifted my postion without realising it. I moved back to where the stars lined up with my previous line of sight, and realised it was a straight line after all, and not quite the distance I thought it had travelled at first. That one I do not really include as I say, it is a satellite, just I do not know which one. I had actually almost fooled myself.

And when I was a child I was fishing with a friend and and saw a large orange glowing light over a small island I used to paddle out to in the river. It freaked me out quite a it, but it was virtually in the middle of Surfers Paradise so wondering why nobody else saw it prompted me to seek a solution, I do believe I saw a major flood light that is only used on occasion on a smaller island behind the one I used to paddle out to. I found out eventually that there is a house on the smaller Island that belonged to a local prominent business man. Sir Bruce Small. He had the odd function that most likely accounted for what I had seen. Hey, I was pretty young at the time.

But more recently, I was in New Zealand, Queenstown, and this is the one I reported.

My wife and I were sitting outside, very late at night, I had just been posting on UM with my phone in fact, when I went outside for a stiff Scotch and a Cigar - being on Holiday and all. I looked across the lake, even at night, an awesome sight, in the flight path where I would normally see planes, I saw a brilliant white/blue light (mostly white) streak across horizontally right toward the airport. The duration was seconds, but I would not have been more than 3-5 km's from the object, and it was probably not much higher than me, but I was on a Mountain at an approximate elevation of 2,000 meters. It moved very, very fast, and as I say, Horizontally, which really caught my attention. I turned to my wife who looked at me wide eyed and we both said at the same time "did you see that!!!" It began small, and built up in size I remember it being about half a thumbnail in size at arms length for perspective. Then as promptly as it appeared, it seemed to break up into little white balls, very quickly, and disappeared. (That is pretty much how it "suddenly appeared" to) Like they were peeling of from the front I guess, and vanishing quickly. Brilliant colour, very close to an airport, moving horizontally, very fast.

I reported it to Ted Roe at MARCAP, but unfortunately, they do not have a New Zealand presence at all.

But I completely believe what I saw was natural phenomena. Queenstown is on the same Island, but several hours drive from ChristChruch, This was probably about 3 months before they had their big Earthquake.

Just out of interest, you might like this story, my wife (told me one time after a couple of drinks) saw something large, and somewhat saucer like as a child, which slowly ambled across a dam she was playing at as a child, however, she feels she saw people on board and is entirely convinced what she saw was us in something she did not recognise. She actually scoffs, and raises an eyebrow when I suggested ET. To be frank, her recollection sounds vaguely familiar of Father Gill's case. But an orange glow as opposed to blue, she did have the portholes too. But her recollection of a craft is much bigger. She is a bigger skeptic than I though.

My Texas sighting will live forever in my mind,this is th eplace to let it all out right? Well as the years fade quickly into a blur Im reminded that Like all things we all must at some time loose that youth like memory . But Each year that trickles into a fuzzie haze I cannot forget the events. Its like Its Hard core burned into my Soul.

This is quite uneasing to me. Why ? Why is it today I can remember this like it was just hours old in front of me.

To say that it effected me is a understatement ! When you have done ,seen,been places all over this planet,and Been a techno - nut to boot,Very gifted in my travels,machines Ive been privie to play with,The years of machines in my life, I would still have to Say that there will Hopefully some day be an Event to Justify what I saw. I know It was not anything we could build, even for a few hundred years. Machines like what I saw cannot move like that.Nor nature. Even though Lighting Is really cool to watch we all know what that Looks like .

And It wasnt that fast.

I do Like to read the sightings of others,Some are quite similar to mine. But until they Land and Offer up some Joy rides Im still Looking Up!

But Dont Get in my Way If they Land I want the First Ride ! Even If they Eat me after we turn around the Sun and Head Back !

• Like 3

Did you showed the pic to your brother? Is that the same craft he saw? Hope you can get the video, man.

He told me the story, went to his friends Facebook page and pulled up the pictures of the craft. It was a UFO story with evidence behind it for once. Was very nice to hear. When he said "Do you wanna see a picture?", in my mind I was like OMGGOSHHHH YES!! In addition to that, I thought the picture was going to be some far off object twinkling or flickering like the phoenix lights video in a sense. I basically had my mind blown, haha.

Ugly1, are you interested in following up on *your* sighting? If so, I'd like to ask a few questions and do a little analysis..

And are you still going to be chasing this up with your brother and his workmates, or has this other sighting hit a dead end?

:huh: I am starving for details. Please sir, I want some more.

Again, I am glad you asked, last night, I was thinking about all this, and I remembered one sighting I had almost forgotten altogether. When I was an apprentice, we used to car pool to job sites, I was walking to the corner with a grumpy tradesman who was notably hung over, and whom I had just woken by bashing on his door.

As we walked to the corner to meet our ride, we walked in an eastward direction, toward to the Ocean, and I looked up and saw a burning ball of light. The funny things is at first, I was a bit worried, it looked like a doomsday asteroid, but as I walked along, it did not seem to drop. That may well have been the angle I was viewing it from though, but I swear it looked quite distant, like a burning ball in the sky, it was reasonably high up, I would guess from my perspective the angle would have been about 60 degrees, and if I held an arm at length, it would have been the size of a full thumbnail. Perhaps slightly bigger, but that might be memory enlarging it, I do fish as well :D I have nothing to gauge the distance upon, but it appeared to be well over the ocean, which I would hazard a guess at being at least 5 kilometers distant.

Again, I thought it was a meteor, but from my perspective way, way too slow. Really to slow. I would have watched the thing for a full 5 minutes I would say, no pics, this was when mobile phones looked like bricks. To this day, I do not really know what it was, but I do remember it being quite a bright orange.

I got to work, rather enthusiastic and told some co workers about it. They looked at me with a raised eyebrow, and I said "I have a witness!!!! Mark saw it too!" I turned to him, and said, that ball of light hanging in the sky this morning!!!!! I'm telling these blokes about it.

He looked across at me and said "What the hell are you talking about? I didn't see anything"

Which was rather frustrating. I asked him when walking home why he did that, he reckoned he got a laugh out of it.

I know what it feels like, to be ridiculed for a sighting, but I also learned a valuable lesson that day too. Proof is everything. Talk is cheap.

Damn, I had almost forgotten that!!!! Maybe even on purpose. I would have been about 24 at the time. Near 46 now.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

My Texas sighting will live forever in my mind,this is th eplace to let it all out right? Well as the years fade quickly into a blur Im reminded that Like all things we all must at some time loose that youth like memory . But Each year that trickles into a fuzzie haze I cannot forget the events. Its like Its Hard core burned into my Soul.

This is quite uneasing to me. Why ? Why is it today I can remember this like it was just hours old in front of me.

To say that it effected me is a understatement ! When you have done ,seen,been places all over this planet,and Been a techno - nut to boot,Very gifted in my travels,machines Ive been privie to play with,The years of machines in my life, I would still have to Say that there will Hopefully some day be an Event to Justify what I saw. I know It was not anything we could build, even for a few hundred years. Machines like what I saw cannot move like that.Nor nature. Even though Lighting Is really cool to watch we all know what that Looks like .

And It wasnt that fast.

I do Like to read the sightings of others,Some are quite similar to mine. But until they Land and Offer up some Joy rides Im still Looking Up!

But Dont Get in my Way If they Land I want the First Ride ! Even If they Eat me after we turn around the Sun and Head Back !

I would like more people with genuine sightings to come forward. I suppose it might be hard when we have the silliness that is out there borrowing the credibility of those with some nouse in this area.

I never get sick of hearing about your sighting D. As far as I am concerned, your recollection is tenfold more interesting and believable than probably any publicly showcased claim. I think if there is something to the ET angle, that the ETH'ers are way, way of the mark, and sightings like yours are that elusive 0.001% we are all looking for. So many people are convinced that cases like Roswell are genuine, but I think they do not hold a candle to personal recollections. Not one such as yours.

Unfortunately, all of my experiences indicate natural phenomena to me. I would love to have an experience with some large silver airborne ship, but alas, not to be so far at least. But just as my experiences drive me toward Natural Phenomena as a solution, I understand that a sighting like yours would drive one towards seeking a technological solution, The experience is one that affects a person, no matter the source. Shame these wide eyed credulous fanatics flock to the phenomena like some sort of cult and damage it's credibility.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I would like more people with genuine sightings to come forward. I suppose it might be hard when we have the silliness that is out there borrowing the credibility of those with some nouse in this area.

I never get sick of hearing about your sighting D. As far as I am concerned, your recollection is tenfold more interesting and believable than probably any publicly showcased claim. I think if there is something to the ET angle, that the ETH'ers are way, way of the mark, and sightings like yours are that elusive 0.001% we are all looking for. So many people are convinced that cases like Roswell are genuine, but I think they do not hold a candle to personal recollections. Not one such as yours.

Unfortunately, all of my experiences indicate natural phenomena to me. I would love to have an experience with some large silver airborne ship, but alas, not to be so far at least. But just as my experiences drive me toward Natural Phenomena as a solution, I understand that a sighting like yours would drive one towards seeking a technological solution, The experience is one that affects a person, no matter the source. Shame these wide eyed credulous fanatics flock to the phenomena like some sort of cult and damage it's credibility.

Indeed for all the years that have rushed by since,I will always stand strong on the knowledge that What I experianced was not of this world,Yes It was so amazing that I can even remember the exact tempature,smells,light all the instrument settings,All in such detail to this day.

If only I could see it again with say a few Hundred people by my side. This Is why psyche101 your going to get your tail to texas in the next few years and were going to Go out to West Texas & New Mexico and do a proper walkabout !

Then I can tell you more about The Aliens in this world !

Most are members of Unexplained Mysteries ! LoL. You know the ones !

Any who Were off to Durango Colorado too see my 16 yr old for parents weekend. Hit the Slopes I will,Do I say, no Falling I say too ! Let the Force help you down the Slopes it will,The Force is Strong In Colorado it Is ! Da Da ta Da Da ta Da ! :tu::alien::yes:

• Like 2

It seemed all your sightings were at night and involved some type of light. I don't blame you for believing it's some natural phenomena. I do hope you'll get to see these things in action during the day, Psyche. Hopefully it'll be amazing enough for you to consider ET as a strong possibility. I know you would make one hell of an argument for us. :yes:

It seemed all your sightings were at night and involved some type of light. I don't blame you for believing it's some natural phenomena. I do hope you'll get to see these things in action during the day, Psyche. Hopefully it'll be amazing enough for you to consider ET as a strong possibility. I know you would make one hell of an argument for us. :yes:

Psyche 101 has seen his UFO`s and We all look to the Stars at night for the chance to spot something of interest ,As for the argument part thats what keeps most people out of the fray ! But I too agree we need more people to come forward and tell there stories !

A sighting is that much closer to understanding the Mysteries !

Ugly1, are you interested in following up on *your* sighting? If so, I'd like to ask a few questions and do a little analysis..

And are you still going to be chasing this up with your brother and his workmates, or has this other sighting hit a dead end?

Sure, we can talk about my sighting! It is nothing that is going to blow your mind.

I was driving to work heading due north of 259 just North of Nacogdoches Texas. I'd say we were about 12 miles north of Nacogdoches when I had seen a light in the sky twinkling. This light appeared to be about 3-4 times as big as the north star. I was riding in the passenger seat so I started looking around at the sky to see if any other stars were out as this just struck me as odd. I glanced around to the east and southeast to see if any other stars were out and there were none at all. I looked back at the light and maybe got to look at it for two seconds more tops, and then it blinked out.

When I arrived at work, I asked the other guy who had made it there before us if he had seen the UFO. He pointed to where it was from his perspective and verified he had seen roughly the same thing as me. He said instead of blinking out that it took off in a South Eastern direction. I did not see it shoot off to the South East. I just had seen it blink out. There one second, gone the next.

The best way to describe my story was there was a twinkling light, I looked around for other stars to see none, looked back at the light and it blinked out. If the object truly did take off in a South Eastern direction I missed that part. I do not have great vision and was not wearing my glasses so if it did take off in a south eastern direction I guess I missed it. It just simply vanished from my perspective.

All except that last one I had indeed forgotten about. In fact I am in your debt for reminding me of it. But the ones I saw were small and changed shape. I cannot see them being anything but Natural Phenomena, but still, quite a sight to behold and I consider myself a very lucky person to have seen this much.

If I ever meet an Alien, or see something I could place in that possibility you can be sure that I would do my level best to provide solid proof. Because of the impact that my personal sightings have had on me, I find cases like D's very compelling and the most likely to be accurate and true. If anyone has seen an alien, I would have D up at the top of the list.

Edited by psyche101

All except that last one I had indeed forgotten about. In fact I am in your debt for reminding me of it. But the ones I saw were small and changed shape. I cannot see them being anything but Natural Phenomena, but still, quite a sight to behold and I consider myself a very lucky person to have seen this much.

If I ever meet an Alien, or see something I could place in that possibility you can be sure that I would do my level best to provide solid proof. Because of the impact that my personal sightings have had on me, I find cases like D's very compelling and the most likely to be accurate and true. If anyone has seen an alien, I would have D up at the top of the list.

You know the hardest thing psyche101 ? Is knowing and not being able to provide only the information and description ! THe actual physical proof I seriously think that they will never let Happen. Just a Hunch on my belief system.THey for Sure know How to Fly Circles around us ! No way they crash,leave parts,ect. Radar,park and let people to smelly,touchie !

But What the hey ? THeres always tomorrow ! :alien::yes:

You know the hardest thing psyche101 ? Is knowing and not being able to provide only the information and description ! THe actual physical proof I seriously think that they will never let Happen. Just a Hunch on my belief system.THey for Sure know How to Fly Circles around us ! No way they crash,leave parts,ect. Radar,park and let people to smelly,touchie !

But What the hey ? THeres always tomorrow ! :alien::yes:

I reckon that would be the case. People largely believe me, because the explanation is prosaic. And the description supports that, but if I came over to your place tomorrow, and had to "prove" it to you, I do not think I could do that. I allow for some instances that cannot be captured, I realise that cannot be avoided. But I think the recollection is the key. We all have an ET mindset, and have had since the 50's and I admit it is a neat concept. I too love the idea of a new neighbour. It's when we get a bland description such as yours, or perhaps even the Father Gill case, we have something we can work with that is not tainted. Whilst it might leave us baffled, these instances tend to not go away, and can be preserved for future comparison. From what you have told us, I admit ET is a possible option, whereas with Father Gill I would say not, even though both instances are compelling, there is no way to explain what you have seen as prosaic, so for me that is one in the personal in basket so to speak. It's a light basket, but to me, what is in there is indeed compelling.

You are probably right D, the crashes and so forth are a bit much to swallow, lets hope someone loses an alien bolt or something if they are watching us.

I hope tomorrow will be the day, but I am not expecting too much. I still think our best bet is comms. Even considering your sighting, it might not have been manned. I think the best way to talk to someone else is on a decent Intergalactic Phone. As long as the call is not reverse charged.

• Like 1

Sure, we can talk about my sighting! It is nothing that is going to blow your mind.

I was driving to work heading due north of 259 just North of Nacogdoches Texas. I'd say we were about 12 miles north of Nacogdoches when I had seen a light in the sky twinkling. This light appeared to be about 3-4 times as big as the north star. I was riding in the passenger seat so I started looking around at the sky to see if any other stars were out as this just struck me as odd. I glanced around to the east and southeast to see if any other stars were out and there were none at all. I looked back at the light and maybe got to look at it for two seconds more tops, and then it blinked out.

When I arrived at work, I asked the other guy who had made it there before us if he had seen the UFO. He pointed to where it was from his perspective and verified he had seen roughly the same thing as me. He said instead of blinking out that it took off in a South Eastern direction. I did not see it shoot off to the South East. I just had seen it blink out. There one second, gone the next.

The best way to describe my story was there was a twinkling light, I looked around for other stars to see none, looked back at the light and it blinked out. If the object truly did take off in a South Eastern direction I missed that part. I do not have great vision and was not wearing my glasses so if it did take off in a south eastern direction I guess I missed it. It just simply vanished from my perspective.

Thanks - that's very helpful and you answered most of the questions i was going to ask. Right now I'm gunna watch a movie and then probably go to sleep, but I shall take a look at all that maybe tomorrow night...

I'd agree with cpt fish. its an obvious photoshop enhancement and I use the hell out of photoshop so there you go. But not only that its just strange looking and not really as if it were to be an actual object. around the begining of the thread with the moisture on the lens I was leaning towards that as well maybe from inside a vehicle that was moving just at the right time making the drop from maybe the windshield wiper on the window turn oblong with the motion and then cause that effect. mho

I reckon that would be the case. People largely believe me, because the explanation is prosaic. And the description supports that, but if I came over to your place tomorrow, and had to "prove" it to you, I do not think I could do that. I allow for some instances that cannot be captured, I realise that cannot be avoided. But I think the recollection is the key. We all have an ET mindset, and have had since the 50's and I admit it is a neat concept. I too love the idea of a new neighbour. It's when we get a bland description such as yours, or perhaps even the Father Gill case, we have something we can work with that is not tainted. Whilst it might leave us baffled, these instances tend to not go away, and can be preserved for future comparison. From what you have told us, I admit ET is a possible option, whereas with Father Gill I would say not, even though both instances are compelling, there is no way to explain what you have seen as prosaic, so for me that is one in the personal in basket so to speak. It's a light basket, but to me, what is in there is indeed compelling.

You are probably right D, the crashes and so forth are a bit much to swallow, lets hope someone loses an alien bolt or something if they are watching us.

I hope tomorrow will be the day, but I am not expecting too much. I still think our best bet is comms. Even considering your sighting, it might not have been manned. I think the best way to talk to someone else is on a decent Intergalactic Phone. As long as the call is not reverse charged.

Our best bet is to Go out where no man has gone before,you know the drill LoL ! But Just maybe some day we will be able to see something on a scan,or deep space photo thats got the Beans & Beef to stand up to real scientific scrutney ! Right? Maybe.sorta Kinda,Well Its a Positive thought that Gets it Done in the End !

• 1 month later...