Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Donors to Republicans Seek More Say

questionmark

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — The biggest donors in the Republican Party are financing a new group to recruit seasoned candidates and protect Senate incumbents from challenges by far-right conservatives and Tea Party enthusiasts who Republican leaders worry could complicate the party’s efforts to win control of the Senate.

The group, the Conservative Victory Project, is intended to counter other organizations that have helped defeat establishment Republican candidates over the last two election cycles. It is the most robust attempt yet by Republicans to impose a new sense of discipline on the party, particularly in primary races.

“There is a broad concern about having blown a significant number of races because the wrong candidates were selected,” said Steven J. Law, the president of American Crossroads, the “super PAC” creating the new project. “We don’t view ourselves as being in the incumbent protection business, but we want to pick the most conservative candidate who can win.”

Read more

• Like 1

The mainstream and moderate republicans are finally weeding out the candidates that are ruining their name I see. I am kind of surprised of their targeting of Steve King though. I always had him pegged as a career politician and part of the republican machine. I suppose going on Rush Limbaugh and saying that latinos are bad and Akin's rape statement was good probably put him on the outs with the current republican powers that be, though.

Well if you're paying big bucks for something, you really should be able to dictate how that money is put into use.

So they are going to fight against us voters, trying to get their own candidate into office by overwhelming campaign contributes. That doesn't surprises me at all, they been doing it for years, just this next election they are going to put money into smear campaign against other organizations who represent the people, not the corporations or 1% population. What a sad day when they can say this out loud and there is nothing us normal citizens can do short of a revolution. If I had my own way, I would make a set amount of money that can be contribute to a campaign or a fix amount for each politician that is running for office. That way there is no unfair advantages and citizens can determine which candidate is right for them instead of having corporations run the show.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

So they are going to fight against us voters, trying to get their own candidate into office by overwhelming campaign contributes. That doesn't surprises me at all, they been doing it for years, just this next election they are going to put money into smear campaign against other organizations who represent the people, not the corporations or 1% population. What a sad day when they can say this out loud and there is nothing us normal citizens can do short of a revolution. If I had my own way, I would make a set amount of money that can be contribute to a campaign or a fix amount for each politician that is running for office. That way there is no unfair advantages and citizens can determine which candidate is right for them instead of having corporations run the show.

My personal bet is that it is their last hurray, if something was shown in the last Prezz elections it is that money does not sway anything if thrown at it in large amounts.

My personal bet is that it is their last hurray, if something was shown in the last Prezz elections it is that money does not sway anything if thrown at it in large amounts.

Its all about the midterms right now and even more importantly whats going to happen in the Supreme Court appointees over the next 4 years. That is if you care about your freedoms.

if anything was seen in the last election is that the power brokers aren't the ones openly throwing money around.

Its all about the midterms right now and even more importantly whats going to happen in the Supreme Court appointees over the next 4 years. That is if you care about your freedoms.

If the Republicans want to make a good show in the midterms all they have to do is pass good laws with their majority in the next 2 years. But looking at them I think they will lead Congress to just another low in opinion. Throwing money after it won't change anything.

• Like 1

0bama got tons of money from these corperations.

0bama got tons of money from these corperations.

And the anti-Obama PACS two tons, did not make a difference either.

They shouldnt get any money and politicians should be able to come from any socioeconomic background and not just a game for the ultra rich. A big part of the politicians problem. They are all from and represent one class of America. The ultra rich.