Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can something come from 'nothing'

markdohle

If there was nothing before, then something had to have changed nothing so that it could be something. This means that there never was any nothing to begin with. :D

Hi Seeker79,

You actually have "something" in your statement. People assume that because they are able to feel, see, smell, hear, and taste something, it is concrete, real. The interesting thing about the afterlife (the Void to be precise) is that a thing has no meaning. In the Void, everything one thinks about himself (or herself) will be erased; however, it's not an instant process. It's also freaky, the understatement for the year. In a way, one might want to think of oneself as a computer program, to a certain degree.

Thankfully, Jesus Christ came along with a promise of paradise. I definitely DO NOT want to come back in this world ever again. I'm also not ready for Nirvana (the process), to be "one" with God (the Father). Paradise is the only place to be...for me...someday.

Just sharing.

Peace.

=======================

"You know as well as I do that the DEAD don't stay interested in us living people for very long. Gradually, gradually, they lose hold of the earth...and the ambitions they had...and the pleasures they had...and the things they suffered...and the people they loved. They get weaned away from earth -- that's the way I put it, weaned away. And they stay here (the Void) while the earth part of 'em burns away, burns out; and all that time they slowly get indifferent to what's goin' on in Grover's Corners.

They're waitin'. They're waitin' for something that they feel is comin'. Something important, and GREAT. Aren't they waitin' for the eternal part in them to come out clear?

And what's left when memory's gone, and your identity, Mrs. Smith?" THORNTON WILDER'S OUR TOWN

If there was nothing before, then something had to have changed nothing so that it could be something. This means that there never was any nothing to begin with. :D

Exactly! In my opinion anyway.

This is a very hard concept to explain with the superficial perception of time and being and consciousness!

I'm trying to connect many philosophies and religions as well as a little quantum physics with many dimensions and times as interrelated to each other. (observer has effect on the outcome, something appears out of nothing, sub atomic things divided by space but are still connected) It's not an easy thing to communicate!

First keep in mind all the things we call natural laws which are within cycles of time, creation, evolution, death and birth. Energy is not destroyed it just changes like water is a liquid a solid or ice etc. Everybody is like a drop of water in a great ocean. The macrocosm of the universes work just like the microcosm of cells within a man. They all have there own cell consciousness and purpose but are still connected to the one as a whole. Cells live and die individually or as groups but the one man is still the same conscious Being both physical and has thought through the interaction of light energy to the neurons which come from a conscious soul to a physical body. (created in God's image) Man has a body and a soul of consciousness on different levels within time and the created dimensions of the universes. Time is one thing that creates the cycles which go in a circle, no beginning and no end just an eternal cycle which evolves from a the Life Being (Alpha Omega concept)

It is like the Cosmic Egg concept of something that is no-thing or a void. This void is everything but unmanifest yet it is the Being of Life itself. A fertile life yet unconsciousness of itself as it would be at it's maturity. Time and creation from the void is what gives our Being or soul a sense of it's place and a consciousness of the different universes through an evolution in cycles coming from an energy of different levels or energy "Light" that creates a motion and time. It all follows the natural laws that were placed within that cosmic egg that contains all the universes that are both manifest and unmanifest.

God is the Place the Being and the Consciousness united as one. (I shall be what I shall Be or I am that I Am) The Love or mercy is the harmonic unification of God's consciousness united as one whole being that is with all his creation, but He has many aspects just as we have many different body parts and levels of consciousness and sometimes they don't always work like they should. (free will)

The created evolve, learn then become more conscious and ultimately unify with these laws and each other and can connect to that original void who has become more alive through his creations that bring him to maturity. It is said once the cosmic egg matures it will go back to being a VOID but it still contains the fertile consciousness of wisdom and and the creative potential to create other universes, dimensions and experiences for other consciousnesses. So that Being of Life or highest one God is eternal. He has many avatars, angels, prophets, etc that can connect to his consciousness which are only reacting to the higher Eternal One just as our neurons directs our thoughts through an electrical impulse or (light) to our body.

I would say its impossible.. I didn't watch the video though.. you definitely couldn't creat any tangible item without any tools or supplies.. so the nearest would be a new idea.. but this is also comprised of at least language. Perhaps if you were like that dude on a beautiful mind you could come up with brand new math concepts that just somehow appear in your mind.. that probably would be the closest to fulfilling this notion of something out of nothing.. but then again it must at least come from a mind..

Another close possibility is a parasite being formed from a small piece of bacteria which is pretty amazing (as all live which suddenly springs forth) but it is still not from nothing. The video probably talks about black holes and stuff.. nothing can be created here on earth from nothing because there is no place on earth that consists if nothing.

How about a melody... it comes from a mouth or instrument, but it doesn't have to be thought about... just let it out freestyle form..

How about a melody... it comes from a mouth or instrument, but it doesn't have to be thought about... just let it out freestyle form..

It's still based on a construction of a musical scale. And every culture we have has a different interpretation of music - consider the one we are most familiar with - Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, then back to Do. That's a plain run of the mill Major scale. However, a Pentatonic scale will sound very different and to our ears familiar with Western music, may actually find it to be quite difficult to find melodically beautiful. However, in the East, the pentatonic scale is much more common and therefore someone freestyling a scale in Asia is going to sing something very different than someone freestyling in Australia, because of the cultural construct in which they have grown up.

This is just one example, there are many types of music out there that different cultures find beautiful but to other societies the music may be quite an affront to the senses.

Just a few thoughts to take into consideration,

~ PA

It's still based on a construction of a musical scale. And every culture we have has a different interpretation of music - consider the one we are most familiar with - Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, then back to Do. That's a plain run of the mill Major scale. However, a Pentatonic scale will sound very different and to our ears familiar with Western music, may actually find it to be quite difficult to find melodically beautiful. However, in the East, the pentatonic scale is much more common and therefore someone freestyling a scale in Asia is going to sing something very different than someone freestyling in Australia, because of the cultural construct in which they have grown up.

This is just one example, there are many types of music out there that different cultures find beautiful but to other societies the music may be quite an affront to the senses.

Just a few thoughts to take into consideration,

~ PA

Well what if you never studied music...

Or what about the first noise a baby makes...

Well what if you never studied music...

Or what about the first noise a baby makes...

You don't have to study music to be influenced by the culture you live in. If you grow up and live in an Arabic speaking country, you would be used to listening to Arabic music with its distinct style. Likewise if you live in Tennessee you may just be used to Country and Western Music more often than other types (I'm stereotyping here, I've never been to the States to know more about Nashville than it's got a massive Country music scene). If you grew up in the Alps, you may just be used to yodelling. Whatever your cultural upbringing, you will be exposed to the music of your own culture, and therefore when singing your own freestyle music you will be unavoidably drawing on your own cultural references.

And the first sound a baby makes is to cry and wail. Some would argue this to be music (John Cage springs to mind) but it also is simply part of life, the sounds we hear all the time, again nothing brand new, even if it is improvised in totality.

~ Regards,

• Like 1

People I'm sorry to break it to you, but stuff does come from nothing all the time. Because you can't see how this is possible and that it doesn't occur in your world only proves you are very limited in both what you can see and what world you are in.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

I can understand the big void we call space. It makes perfect sense. If not a living thing existed anywhere in the universe, that big void would be there, always.

I'm not talking about matter within the void, simply the void itself. It had no beginning, it has no end, and no matter which direction you go, or for how long,

you will never find the end of it. It is simply space.

I believe that the matter within this void was created not as a result of energy, but from energy itself. The stars are giant nuclear fusion machines, capable of

creating different elements.

E=MC2. If those are equal then they are interchangeable. Energy capable of creating matter.

As for where the energy came from, I have thoughts, but it is too late and I'm tired. But I will say, I don't think it's "residual" energy. If so, "residual" from

what?

I posted this almost 1 year ago, sort of what he is saying, in a sense..

The principles of conservation do not say you can't create stuff, only that the stuff you create has to total zero. At the present time we know of four things that are conserved: mass/energy, electric charge, momentum and angular momentum. The last three of these naturally cancel all the time, but with mass/energy the cancellation is more difficult to perceive, because we don't have a large enough perspective. There is reason to think that, if you take the positive energy and mass and set it against the negative energy of the universe's expansion, the universe nets to zero. Existence is just a free lunch.

People I'm sorry to break it to you, but stuff does come from nothing all the time. Because you can't see how this is possible and that it doesn't occur in your world only proves you are very limited in both what you can see and what world you are in.

"nothing" is merely a way of saying " I dont know". How coluld anyone possibly know if something actually came from 'nothing' with any degree of certainty what so ever? If it can come from nothing, then it's just as likely or more so to have come from something.