Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are believers in the paranormal open to:

Timothy

Can all paranormal experiences be explained?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are there any paranormal phenomena that can't be explained by some normal and rational physical or psychological phenomena?

• Yes (Please provide example).
    • No

The believers will believe and the non believers won't. Science wont get involved so the debate is pointless.

There are many people, here, and that do not use forums ( including myself ) that used to be " believers ".......

The reason why, educating ourselves, and looking at Science, and learning what can and can not happen in the real world. A lot of the information came from here for many of us, from other " skeptics ".

because it doesn't matter the amount of factual evidence posted, the believers WILL NOT listen nor be swayed.

But as is repeated often on these forums, you can't prove something doesn't exist.

Just because the apparition someone saw could be explained away by temporary hallucination or something, it doesn't mean that's what it was, because, unless you monitor their brain activity or whatever during the sighting, there's no way to scientifically prove it. I saw an apparition once, so it helps me believe in apparitions. There is no factual evidence you can give that has anything to do with my particular experience, unless you were hiding in my bathroom at the time. :) (I certainly hope not!)

I think many more people who believe in the possibility of the paranormal are harmless folk who just find it interesting. I believe in paranormal things, but I'm also a great fan of science and figuring out what is, or could be, the scientific reason for some occurrences.

Blind belief and ignorance of science is the problem, I think, not belief in general.

Blind belief and ignorance of science is the problem, I think, not belief in general.

Bold is dead on.

Belief is a issue though. Believing in something is like a opinion, it is not fact at all.

When someone states their belief as fact, that is a issue.

If someone says " well, I believe that is what it is ", that is how it should be stated.

A belief can be changed by facts that said person did not know about at the time.

That is the difference between someone who is open minded, willing to learn, willing to admit they may be wrong, and one who is not.

Edited by Sakari

Thanks sakri for proving my point with your repost of what i said about the door.

You will not believe. You found something as close as you could for an explanation and went with it even though it doesn't make sense.

Thanks sakri for proving my point with your repost of what i said about the door.

You will not believe. You found something as close as you could for an explanation and went with it even though it doesn't make sense.

I will not believe?......You sound like my Mother about Christianity.

Not sure what you are saying about my " repost "?

I posted information on EMF's, as it seems 99% of people on paranormal sites do not even know what really causes them, and how frequent and abundent they are. I do not know everything about them, not a expert, but I did spend the time to educate myself on them, and I try to help others.

Have you missed my numerous posts that I used to be a " believer "?

I also have one experience that to this day I can not explain. It is posted. But, I do not just label that experience to what fits my fantasies, I am able to say " I do not know what caused that ". My wife, she is convinced, along with the other two that were there, that it was a " ghost ".

So, no, I will never " believe " in what people's opinions are. I may or may not agree with them, but I will never " believe " that they are fact.

There is a big difference in believing and knowing. I prefer to know.

Also, Science does get " involved " with the " debate "......EMF's are just one example of many. The answers are there, and science shows many of them. Problem is, people would rather believe TAPS and Ghost adventures. ( Television )......

The " fantastic " and " dramatic " explanations are a lot more entertaining then the real ones. So, many people refuse to even look. This is called blind faith, and it is also called ignorance.

Edited by Sakari

dbl post

Edited by Sakari

Science might explain what some of the energy's are and give some possible reasons why there present and what the affects might be. Once those are ruled out then what do you have? Example above non conductive and non magnetic material producing a magnetic field. Evp's answering questions that you asked.

And how many scientists. Are looking in to these: things?

Are there any paranormal phenomena that can't be explained by some normal and rational physical or psychological phenomena?

Rationalisation and the need to explain everything is part of the "know-it-all" arrogance conditioning.

You can still rationalise without trying to pin point it to a matter of science or religion. I have found to do so, you need to shut off pretty much everything and think deep if you do not come to an answer straight away leave it for next time you want to think deeply. I'm not saying people shouldn't be conducting test or studies on this occurance but more so it shouldn't be paraded around so people should can youtube their stupid vblog's acting like they're ghandi.

All in all, whatever helps the general public sleep at night I guess.

"S*** happens."

Science might explain what some of the energy's are and give some possible reasons why there present and what the affects might be. Once those are ruled out then what do you have? Example above non conductive and non magnetic material producing a magnetic field. Evp's answering questions that you asked.

Make a topic of specific things you are talking about, and I will be happy to give explanations.

EVP's have a ton of threads, I have never heard a " EVP " that could not be understood without suggestive words or subtitles.

And how many scientists. Are looking in to these: things?

A lot, just depends what you are talking about....Audio, Visual, Magnetic, Electronic, Psychological.

You are going off topic here, but at the same time proving the point of the topic.

I was talking about the theories behind how the voices get on the recorders. Keep in mind that digital recorders have rf shielding according to fcc rules and use a electrc condenser microphone