Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Euro Tremors Risk Market

questionmark

Europe’s political tremors risk spoiling the region’s market calm, with corruption allegations buffeting Spanish Premier Mariano Rajoy and Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi narrowing the front-runner’s lead as elections loom.

Rajoy, facing opposition calls to resign amid contested reports about illegal payments, traveled to Berlin today as euro-area leaders schedule a flurry of meetings this week ahead of a Feb. 7-8 European Union summit. Last week’s nationalization of the Netherlands’ fourth-largest bank and a 2.17 billion-euro ($3 billion) loss at Deutsche Bank AG underscore the fragile economic health in the region.

“The euro crisis is not over,” German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Feb. 1 at the Munich Security Conference where fellow panelists included Deutsche Bank co-Chief Executive Officer Anshu Jain. Still, “we’re in a much better position than we were a year ago,” the minister said.

Read more

As if I did not know it: Euro over 1.36 to the dollar, new Euro crisis!

As if I did not know it: Euro over 1.36 to the dollar, new Euro crisis!

so you think then they use these 'crisis's' as a tool to devalue the Euro to help with exports. i did read your post the other day were you did indicate in the coming days there would be an engineered crisis to worry the market (just a little) - result the euro falls in value back towards the €1,20 value. :unsure2: or do we give them more credit than they deserve?

Edited by stevewinn

so you think then they use these 'crisis's' as a tool to devalue the Euro to help with exports. i did read your post the other day were you did indicate in the coming days there would be an engineered crisis to worry the market (just a little) - result the euro falls in value back towards the €1,20 value. :unsure2: or do we give them more credit than they deserve?

Call it what you will, fact is as soon as the Euro reaches 1,36 there is a "crisis" and it goes down again.

The Euro hasn't been at 1.36 since 2011.

The reason the Euro is presently losing the Ugly Contest in the race to the bottom is because Europe actually has some austerity. US bureaucrats think trillion dollar deficits are austere. That's not austerity, it's profligacy.

The Euro hasn't been at 1.36 since 2011.

The reason the Euro is presently losing the Ugly Contest in the race to the bottom is because Europe actually has some austerity. US bureaucrats think trillion dollar deficits are austere. That's not austerity, it's profligacy.

I don't know where you get your information from but it was 1.36 the day before yesterday and is trading currently at 1.3546 despite having lost almost a percent yesterday.

If you want to make money off the markets you should stay current.

I find it hard to believe that the Money Markets are being manipulated without due diligence paid to actual economic rigour... :unsure2::innocent::whistle:

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

I find it hard to believe that the Money Markets are being manipulated without due diligence paid to actual economic rigour... :unsure2::innocent::whistle:

The thing is that you don't really have to manipulate anything... all you need is somebody announcing that they are "fresh out of money" and the whole place panics. Real data is quite irrelevant to the bourses nowadays.

The thing is that you don't really have to manipulate anything... all you need is somebody announcing that they are "fresh out of money" and the whole place panics. Real data is quite irrelevant to the bourses nowadays.

Indeed - the irrationality of the markets is the black beast in the shadows stalking our every waking hour.

Br Cornelius