Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suadi preacher receives slap on the wrist

OverSword

From the article:

A Saudi preacher who tortured his five-year-old daughter to death has been released after agreeing to pay 'blood money', activists said.

Lama al-Ghamdi died in October having suffered multiple injuries including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns.

The child had also been repeatedly raped and the burned. \

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273171/Fayhan-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-daughter-5-death-escapes-light-sentence.html#axzz2JlbvTx5d

Rapes and tortures his 5 year old daughter to death and gets a few months in jail and a fine. I woke up in a good mood now I'm depressed.

Edited by OverSword

The child was only a female, this man is an important clergyman. <That's the reasoning they used to arrive at his sentence.

• Like 2

The child was only a female, this man is an important clergyman. <That's the reasoning they used to arrive at his sentence.

This kind of reasoning needs to be changed. A couple of nukes should do it. But the Saudi's sell their oil in $US so don't expect any outrage from the leaders of the world.

• Like 1

I read in a different article the reasoning he gave for torturing and killing his 5-year-old daughter was that he questioned her virginity...

I read in a different article the reasoning he gave for torturing and killing his 5-year-old daughter was that he questioned her virginity...

So he raped her.....she was 5 years old in her culture id be shocked if she new what sex was. Saying that don't they marry very young so i guess they age mentally rather fast but that is no excuse for what happened here. Disgusted utterly disgusted.

Hey I know! Let's support Barack Obama's 2nd term right after he arms the Saudi despots with the largest US arms deal in US history. Oil is infinitely more important than gender-based child crimes in the Arab Peninsula (the reasoning we use to arrive at our contract).

I'm tired of propping up these oppressive regimes and then getting counter-attacked by extremists for their regimes' atrocious behavior later. Until we get the clue as to what we're subsidizing over there, we'll keep expecting a different result as if we won't get more of the same on the blowback. This doesn't have anything to do with Islam either. Like the other sensational media stories, it's government corruption, plain and simple. Wrapping up the problems in religious wrappers diverting our attention from the dirty regimes we help. Whether it has a religious element stirred into the pot because of some dumb preacher is purely incidental.

Government corruption isn't bound by religion. Never was, never will be. When characteristics between people of different geographical regions, different religions, different skin colors, different cultures, different clothing styles and all the rest happen to be different, it gets differing peoples' dander up one way or the other, but if they can't understand the value of making a policy change over it, it's worth nothing more than wasted baited breath.

Face up: Having oil in common completely overpowers any differences we have, morally, ethically, religiously, politically. All we get is more lip service in protest. Except oil doesn't matter jack to me. I'd rather pay $20 for a gallon of gasoline than subsidize what's going on in these barbaric oil states for one more day. How'd the GDP wear that shoe? Our money doesn't make the Mr. Moneybags we're familiar with anymore moral than someone else's soap box for the Lord God Almighty when we're laying in the same greasy bed together and we don't even know it.

The power pendulum swings by the umbilical cord. Sever the nanny cord to the entire Middle East now! :angry:

• Like 2

This kind of reasoning needs to be changed. A couple of nukes should do it. But the Saudi's sell their oil in $US so don't expect any outrage from the leaders of the world.

This is just as sickening, the rest of the World leaders will turn a blind eye and say "its their culture" and will keep buying the oil as if nothing has happened. They will still be going there making deals and shaking hands with these people.

Blood money all round.

bet this is not the first case and will not be the last, but.......business as usual!!!

• Like 2

PS: would like to know how many saudi preachers are being invited as a vip to other countries, countries like the USA and the UK?

• Like 2

Hey I know! Let's support Barack Obama's 2nd term right after he arms the Saudi despots with the largest US arms deal in US history. Oil is infinitely more important than gender-based child crimes in the Arab Peninsula (the reasoning we use to arrive at our contract).

I'm tired of propping up these oppressive regimes and then getting counter-attacked by extremists for their regimes' atrocious behavior later. Until we get the clue as to what we're subsidizing over there, we'll keep expecting a different result as if we won't get more of the same on the blowback. This doesn't have anything to do with Islam either. Like the other sensational media stories, it's government corruption, plain and simple. Wrapping up the problems in religious wrappers diverting our attention from the dirty regimes we help. Whether it has a religious element stirred into the pot because of some dumb preacher is purely incidental.

The fact that he payed a fine backs up your statement.