Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Siberia:Divers find mystery jaws and skeleton

Still Waters

I think so, a giant toothy sturgeon to be more exact. I mentioned it in a previous thread about the Lake Labynskyr.

That would be cool, especially if it was a new species of sturgeon. Plenty of time for them to grow huge in such an isolated place.

Edited by Razer
  • Like 1

Hmm we have bigfoot they have bigfoot we have lake monster they have lake monster it seems that cryptozoology is the new cold war. B)

• Like 1

dosnt mean a thing till at least u can show one photo what a stupid story

No photos = fail .

And after the virgin princess Egyptian necklace debacle ,I'm dubious as to wether or not these Russian scientists know their **** from their elbow .

Never know. They might come up with something instead of sitting round on their elbows all day :P

Well, no pics of a lake monster, but check out the 'Siberian pickup truck' in the third picture in the news story. Ford F250 drivers, eat your hearts out! :D

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

That's fascinating...

On a slightly unrelated note, I read in a book I have that in Sweden (or perhaps somewhere else) a couple of dam maintenance workers quit their job.

They told their boss that when they put on the scuba gear to repair the badly damaged dam, "monsters" would harass them and come within very close proximity.

That's fascinating...

On a slightly unrelated note, I read in a book I have that in Sweden (or perhaps somewhere else) a couple of dam maintenance workers quit their job.

They told their boss that when they put on the scuba gear to repair the badly damaged dam, "monsters" would harass them and come within very close proximity.

Have you ever watched the show River Monsters when Jeremy Wade discusses the size that some catfish get living in and around the bases of dams?

Monsters indeed.

• Like 1

Have you ever watched the show River Monsters when Jeremy Wade discusses the size that some catfish get living in and around the bases of dams?

Monsters indeed.

I did, some of those can get really big, then there are the other big fish that it could be, like the huge sturgeons mentioned earlier.

what about a orca?

Really? In a lake. Come on. :td:

Maybe it's some sort of overgrown eel. That would make for a nasty surprise to run into while scuba diving. Not to mention the bone numbing cold of that Siberian lake would deter me fron ever diving in it even while wearing a dry suit.

what about a orca?

Orca's do occasionally swim into freshwater rivers, however this is a very very rare event. But The lake being totally landlocked there is even very little chance of that. How would it have gotten there and survived this long without totally destroying the ecosystem? I doubt it's possible at all, sorry.

Maybe it's some sort of overgrown eel. That would make for a nasty surprise to run into while scuba diving. Not to mention the bone numbing cold of that Siberian lake would deter me fron ever diving in it even while wearing a dry suit.

What kind of eel you have in mind? I know that for example the south american varieties can have a rather descend size.

I was wondering when someone would find grandma's falsies, after she lost them on our last lake bbq. :yes:

• Like 1

Orca's do occasionally swim into freshwater rivers, however this is a very very rare event. But The lake being totally landlocked there is even very little chance of that. How would it have gotten there and survived this long without totally destroying the ecosystem? I doubt it's possible at all, sorry.

What kind of eel you have in mind? I know that for example the south american varieties can have a rather descend size.

I was thinking of a basic eel that is a eunuch or sterile since they supposedly don't migrate out to sea to breed and die. They just stay put,eat and keep growing. That may be the answer for other lake and sea monsters too.

Well the beast was compared to an orca by an eyewitness, I presume that's why Richard Nixon found this result on Google. That Labynkyr creature is supposed to sport a half meter, bending backward, narrow dorsal fin and was given the length of 10 meters ! I think the dorsal fin would rather account for a sturgeon's tail, and the animal's size an exaggeration, albeit it still remain a very huge fish. I found those additional details on the CFZ blog site.