Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tree of Fire

Ultima Weapon

I am hated for my love.

I love those who hate me,

No, I envy them.

Should I envy nothingness?

Death?

Hell?

It brings me peace in my dreams,

Yes, I envy them.

Should I only hold passion?

Green?

Red?

My love is that of fire,

No, it sets nothing ablaze.

Should I strike a match with no wood?

Nothing?

Nobody?

No one will accept my fire,

Yes, it sets the forest ablaze.

My love is red like the fire,

And in only seeing green,

Stretches out to take it,

Burning the forest to the ground.

No one accepts my love, they hate it.

No matter how much I love them,

No matter how much I envelope them with it,

I am hated for my love.

• Like 2

I love this. It feels spontaneous like the colors just came to you as you contemplated this. I like how it went from striking a piece of wood to burning down a whole forest... and how the colors you contemplated before emerged as actual things of meaning, red = fire and green = trees. I feel the deep despair and the clinging to love no matter what in this piece. It is unknown at the ending if you are speaking of your own love or of gods love, but that doesn't matter because we know they are one in the same... thanks for being bold friend :)

• Like 2

I love this. It feels spontaneous like the colors just came to you as you contemplated this. I like how it went from striking a piece of wood to burning down a whole forest... and how the colors you contemplated before emerged as actual things of meaning, red = fire and green = trees. I feel the deep despair and the clinging to love no matter what in this piece. It is unknown at the ending if you are speaking of your own love or of gods love, but that doesn't matter because we know they are one in the same... thanks for being bold friend :)

Thanks for the kind response. :) I'm not really used to writing poetry, I generally just draw. Nice to know I'm apparently not as horrible at it as I think... Hopefully... :wacko:

Have you posted any of your drawings yet?

Don't make me do that too... :unsure:

• Like 1

Very nice AC.

At first, the symbolism comes across as overly conspicuous, but after a couple more readings I find that, intentional or not, there can be a multitude of hidden meanings to many of the lines. I like poetry that allows the reader to interpret the words in their own way.

Kudos! :tu:

• Like 2

I just decided that I had failed to fit in with a group that I've admired for years and to finally accept it and move on. Then I read this...

Love the analysis by SW and tS but I took it at face value on first read and could relate.

Now let me reread to see what else there is..nice work again Aquila.

I can see a flame form with arms attempting to hug a tree.

I love trees.