Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question About Gang Stalking

No Censorship

This is a fascinating social phenomenon, but it's hard to believe most of the accounts of it. Not to be rude, but it seems like some TIs have emotional and/or mental problems. However, there might be some truth to some claimed experiences. If so, what do you think that truth is?

This is a very interesting subject, but touchy for anyone who may feel they are involved in something like this themselves. I wish you luck on it, and hope to see some interesting things out of it.

Edited by _Only

This is a very interesting subject, but touchy for anyone who may feel they are involved in something like this themselves. I wish you luck on it, and hope to see some interesting things out of it.

Thanks. Do you have any thoughts on claims that might be true? It's possible that alphabet agencies and neighborhood watch groups use these strategies in narrowly selective ways. Government organizations have a long history of surveilling citizens of all kinds. Some of it was unethical and unwarranted. There are overzealous community snoops too. It could be that they like to play spy. It's like the old saw: the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

We've had a few threads about the subject, along with a couple people who said they were victims of gang stalking. Personally most of what was put forward sounded like just every day events that the person seemed to think was directed at them.

• Like 3

I agree with corp. Everything I've seen looks more liek extreme paranoia or worse. I think it was on another site where a poster claimed he was a victim. Part of what was supposedly being done to him was he would see his front door "breathing", and neighbors playing music loudly.

We've had a few threads about the subject, along with a couple people who said they were victims of gang stalking. Personally most of what was put forward sounded like just every day events that the person seemed to think was directed at them.

That likely explains much of it. They notice things that would have seemed normal and routine in the past, but they now see them through the prism of gang stalking. They might even experience a strange coincidence that bolsters their misinterpretation of reality. I think that there are a few real cases of the phenomenon, though.

I agree with corp. Everything I've seen looks more liek extreme paranoia or worse. I think it was on another site where a poster claimed he was a victim. Part of what was supposedly being done to him was he would see his front door "breathing", and neighbors playing music loudly.

Not all of the TIs suffer from paranoia in the DSM-IV sense of the word. They might be susceptible to a form of mass hysteria, which is like fainting spells and mad gassers in that the "ordinary" paranoia spreads among ordinary people who don't have mental problems. It also might be akin to the hysteria over satanism that swept the country in the past. Normal people can be quite suggestible, and they can be very vulnerable when they're stressed. I say this due to the fact that a good percentage of these tales are coherent and cohesive, not disjointed gibberish that one could automatically link to schizophrenia. Keep in mind that most people, who "saw" witches during the 1600s, weren't schizophrenic, and the same holds true for the people who believed in global groups of devil-worshippers operating daycare centers. Ordinary people got caught up in the madness of their times, and gang stalking might be our time's version of this human failing. All of that said, I still think that some accounts are valid, for a variety of reasons.

I've been gang stalked on line . Two separate groups,that then merged due to ones appropriately placed nonsense.

One group targeted just me,the other did this to other people as well as me,and would even harrass us using our names .

So they thought I was doing it to them,or vice versa .

The person who started this crap,is actually a bad e grade movie director ,with illusions of grandeur .

He's a joke ,as are his sockpuppet minions .

None of them were terribly important or political or anything like that .

However, its why I don't use my real name on line or post photos of myself .

They photoshopped pictures of me ,and used them to make fake MySpace profiles . I had to go to the police twice .

It did involved people world wide though ,from one particular group ,and it did affect me badly when it crossed over into physical threats .

As I did see some of them in person at various events.

I stopped speaking to most everyone from that time in my life save a few close friends .

It still went on for close to a decade ,and up to three years after I disassociated myself from it all.

It was more like wide spread on line bullying .

I got death threats too ,but they never encroached on my inner circle or stalked me at home .

They tried to find out my last name and where I lived though .

If they had come to the house,especially while my mom was alive ,I could be in jail now,as I would have hurt someone. Seriously .

What they did to me was very wrong .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Simbi, you have to wonder about the morals of people who harass people online. You can excuse one or two cases of bad judgment. A prolonged campaign is something else. There's no excuse for it, but I have to ask some questions. What was the motive or reason for the stalking? Did the stalker ever explain why he stalked you? I'm just trying to grasp what would possess some people to do these kinds of things. It's fine if you don't want to share specifics.

• Like 1

Simbi, you have to wonder about the morals of people who harass people online. You can excuse one or two cases of bad judgment. A prolonged campaign is something else. There's no excuse for it, but I have to ask some questions. What was the motive or reason for the stalking? Did the stalker ever explain why he stalked you? I'm just trying to grasp what would possess some people to do these kinds of things. It's fine if you don't want to share specifics.

Well the director guy ,he's nuts .OK . He did this with fake journals all over live journal .

I can even post some of them ,as I saved threads harrassing or mentioning me .

I recently reported one saying I had been raped ...which I found by accident.

LJ said it wasn't worthy of removal .

He and his pals have literally ,100s of fake LiveJournals.

The other group involved a rock band .

I was a very outstanding member of the fandom ,and I had met the band,and this seemed to make all their fans insane.

They made up stories about me that boggle the mind.

Their fandom is worldwide ,and I got emails,posts ,threats. Then they began menacing me at the band's live shows.

They threatened to beat me up if I showed in Europe ,they would come up behind me at shows in the USA and hit me ,yell in ny ear .

Idiot director ,who I know personally btw .

Got wind of the fandom nonsense ,and started injecting himself into it.

He would go to the bands fan pages ,and post using my name ,as if I were trolling .

I would get messages from the pages moderators ,at my LiveJournal ,asking me stop with my sock trolling with fake journals.

It went on for years . Long before internet harrassment was punnishable .

PS ,if anyone wonders why I get defensive in here sometimes,sadly ,this is part of it . I tend to expect the worst from people on line ,who can hide behind a facade .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

Thanks for the reply, Simbi. It's messed up that someone would regularly pretend to be you on varied fan sites and forums. They should have the decency to post retractions. Some people are devoid of a conscience. Doing this once or twice is one thing. A remorseless continuation of it is another thing. It smacks of psychopathy, and no empathetic person would do this. BTW, is it safe to reveal the band's name?

Thanks for the reply, Simbi. It's messed up that someone would regularly pretend to be you on varied fan sites and forums. They should have the decency to post retractions. Some people are devoid of a conscience. Doing this once or twice is one thing. A remorseless continuation of it is another thing. It smacks of psychopathy, and no empathetic person would do this. BTW, is it safe to reveal the band's name?

A lot of it hurt me. I only endured it for the sake of seeing the band,but it did eventually eclipse any pleasure I got out of that too .

They're fans are nuts . The director guy had a baby I heard ,so he has gone quiet . Mazel tov .

I feel bad for the kid. He actually filmed the birth ,which was a c section ,and played it at one his retrospectives. fail .

A lot of it hurt me. I only endured it for the sake of seeing the band,but it did eventually eclipse any pleasure I got out of that too .

They're fans are nuts . The director guy had a baby I heard ,so he has gone quiet . Mazel tov .

I feel bad for the kid. He actually filmed the birth ,which was a c section ,and played it at one his retrospectives. fail .

I take it that you can't post the name of the band or the director. That's cool; I understand. You're welcome tell me more in an IM if you're comfortable with that. I'll leave it to your discretion.

I take it that you can't post the name of the band or the director. That's cool; I understand. You're welcome tell me more in an IM if you're comfortable with that. I'll leave it to your discretion.

I take it that you can't post the

name of the band or the director. That's cool; I understand. You're welcome tell me more in an IM if you're comfortable with that. I'll leave it to your discretion.

Put it to you this way,the director is an egomaniac of astronomical proportions . He Google's himself all the time.

If we said his name here,he would be in here with 20 fake profiles trolling,in a nanosecond .

He and his nutty minions do this on craigslist ,live journal ,MySpace ,and YouTube.

What he does is,claim people make up profiles and pose as him .

At one point ,there were opposing side ,from what I could tell ,and they all had so many fake profiles ,you couldn't make heads or tails of thisr insanity .

I used to follow journals to other journals ,and ID them all .

Looks like its on YouTube now. I will send you links,but never say any of their names publically .

Trust me on this.

• Like 1

I've been gang stalked on line . Two separate groups,that then merged due to ones appropriately placed nonsense.

One group targeted just me,the other did this to other people as well as me,and would even harrass us using our names .

So they thought I was doing it to them,or vice versa .

The person who started this crap,is actually a bad e grade movie director ,with illusions of grandeur .

He's a joke ,as are his sockpuppet minions .

None of them were terribly important or political or anything like that .

However, its why I don't use my real name on line or post photos of myself .

They photoshopped pictures of me ,and used them to make fake MySpace profiles . I had to go to the police twice .

It did involved people world wide though ,from one particular group ,and it did affect me badly when it crossed over into physical threats .

As I did see some of them in person at various events.

I stopped speaking to most everyone from that time in my life save a few close friends .

It still went on for close to a decade ,and up to three years after I disassociated myself from it all.

It was more like wide spread on line bullying .

I got death threats too ,but they never encroached on my inner circle or stalked me at home .

They tried to find out my last name and where I lived though .

If they had come to the house,especially while my mom was alive ,I could be in jail now,as I would have hurt someone. Seriously .

What they did to me was very wrong .

Daangg... sorry to hear hat. That is terrible! :( people who are sad on the inside sure can be naaasty...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I joined this community specifically for responding to this conversation.

Gang Stalking is very real. Perpetrators tactics are specifically designed to make the TI out to look mentally unstable, and they've been doing it a long time; they're very good at it.

I was gang stalked for two and a half years, the last year being so intense and debilitating I had to move to a different state, and even then it persisted for some time, and persists at a lesser level even today.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the subject. I know it's confusing, and sometimes hard to believe, but unfortunately it's a reality.

My home and car were continuously broken into, sometimes with results as benign as my work shirts missing, to more malicious results like my tires being slashed.

Rumors were spread in my workplace, social network.

They tried to set me up in sting operations several times. For instance, I'd give someone a ride to someone I thought I knew, theyd come in my car with stolen property/drugs/intentionally leave drugs/stolen goods in my car / try to coerce me into commiting crimes, putting me in very weird/incriiminating circumstances.

And, of course, the psychological terrorism is absolutely unparalleled. I was on the brink of suicide for the last year in my home state.

The entire ordeal left my a shell of a human being. I have what i can only determine to be mild PTSD, and I have been so socially cripped I don't trust anyone. I haven't hung out with anyone in 3 months because I just don't trust anyone anymore.

I have no psychiatric issues, nor have I ever, and yes I have since been evaluated because even I believed I was insane for a time. I didn't know what happened to me had a word. I've been trying to figure out what the **** happened to me out there since I left, and only last week came across "gang stalking", which is EXACTLY what happened to me.

Gang Stalking needs to be brought to light. It nearly destroyed my life, and has certainly ****ed up my perception of life and people.

I'm sorry I'm not a great writer.

You're probably wondering why I was a TI. I hung out with a lot of drug users, and brought many of these old friends into my neighborhood. I also lived next door to a big meth dealer (I did not use) and they were heavily gang affiliated. I sold illegal things for a short while, and yeah, brought a lot of unwanted attention on myself.

Remember, these are basically legal gangs, systemic of "neighborhood watch" and "citizen corps". They are funded by local, state, and probably federal government. They have seemingly infiinite resources.

Gang Stalking is very real. Spread the word.

• Like 5

Some years ago I was targeted online by someone (I dont know who, or even why) that made up various different accounts on different Instant Messengers, internet sites etc, using my details and photo etc...

This was ongoing for 7-8 years, and did cause me constant problems, including people wanting to kick the **** out of me, for some reason...

It got so bad at one point my previous careworker (I Got Asperger's Syndrome) called the police, to see what they could or would do about it, they did not even want to know anything about it...

That is why now I do NOT use or display any personal details while on the internet, and I definitely do not use site's like Facebook or the like

Zayn, I hope that things are going better for you now. Your story is scary on two levels. First, the incident is disturbing. Second, your account is fluent and lucid. Your writing is fine BTW. I think that some informants are attempting to frame you to save their own rears. This doesn't sound like some crazy story from a troubled psyche. You have physical and tangible evidence. You know people who are involved in drugs. This sounds like a garden variety series of crimes to me. Make sure that you have available surveillance and witnesses to stay free and safe. A home security system is a good start. Don't leave your car unattended. Don't stay alone too much, especially when you're in public. Take note of individuals and vehicles in your surroundings, but there's no need to be paranoid when you do this. It's just common sense, and I wish you good luck.

• Like 1

Some years ago I was targeted online by someone (I dont know who, or even why) that made up various different accounts on different Instant Messengers, internet sites etc, using my details and photo etc...

This was ongoing for 7-8 years, and did cause me constant problems, including people wanting to kick the **** out of me, for some reason...

It got so bad at one point my previous careworker (I Got Asperger's Syndrome) called the police, to see what they could or would do about it, they did not even want to know anything about it...

That is why now I do NOT use or display any personal details while on the internet, and I definitely do not use site's like Facebook or the like

That's why things like Facebook and Twitter are so problematic. People can steal your identity. Not only that, you don't know who's reading your private information. It's hard to escape identity theft, even if you're a member of an Amish community. We live in a Surveillance State. Cameras and microphones grow like weeds, and drones may fill our skies. You don't have to be paranoid to feel paranoid. Let us know how things go for you.

Zayn, I hope that things are going better for you now. Your story is scary on two levels. First, the incident is disturbing. Second, your account is fluent and lucid. Your writing is fine BTW. I think that some informants are attempting to frame you to save their own rears. This doesn't sound like some crazy story from a troubled psyche. You have physical and tangible evidence. You know people who are involved in drugs. This sounds like a garden variety series of crimes to me. Make sure that you have available surveillance and witnesses to stay free and safe. A home security system is a good start. Don't leave your car unattended. Don't stay alone too much, especially when you're in public. Take note of individuals and vehicles in your surroundings, but there's no need to be paranoid when you do this. It's just common sense, and I wish you good luck.

My scenario is interesting because I have no idea why they decided to start leaving me alone. I suppose they have bigger fish to fry, but people from my home state relocated to my present location for, what i can only assume, my surveillance, however nothing truly noteworthy has happened since i moved, except "familiar faces". I now live in a relatively small town. It's not, at least, a city, but it's big enough that you generally do not see the same faces if you commute. For instance, someone I absolutely know for sure I knew in my home state, I see often here. I went to the DMV and there he/she was, sitting in the lobby area, doing absolutely nothing. It didn't look like he/she had any business there. Then, the next day, I was clear across town, and there he/she was, walking in my direction. I definitely knew this person from my gangstalking in my home state. Why the **** they would bother is beyond me. How they afford it is beyond me. Also, I know it sounds weird, but I noticed that the gang stalkers drive with their brights on during day and night time. I've noticed in the afternoon, the same 4 - 6 vehicles will drive with their brights on past me, sometimes honking their horn for literally no reason.

But for the most part, my life's been OKAY since I've moved. However, I know several other TI's whose geographics made no difference, and perhaps made their circumstances worse.

As for your advice, I appreciate it, but if you're being gang stalked, such measures, although helpful, make little difference. Chances are, the Perps know someone who works for your alarm company, knows someone who can break into your car, knows someone who works for your community's security company. Their networks are vast. It's ridiculously faceted and convoluted. I wish I knew more about it..you know, for closure.

• Like 1

As for your advice, I appreciate it, but if you're being gang stalked, such measures, although helpful, make little difference. Chances are, the Perps know someone who works for your alarm company, knows someone who can break into your car, knows someone who works for your community's security company. Their networks are vast. It's ridiculously faceted and convoluted. I wish I knew more about it..you know, for closure.

Whoa, that is really scary imo.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but gang stalking seems quite unbelievable. The biggest hole in the phenomenon is that it appears to serve no purpose. Making someone lose their mind for no benefit? Where is the motive?

But with so many reported cases... they can't all be wrong/deluded?

• Like 2

My scenario is interesting because I have no idea why they decided to start leaving me alone. I suppose they have bigger fish to fry, but people from my home state relocated to my present location for, what i can only assume, my surveillance, however nothing truly noteworthy has happened since i moved, except "familiar faces". I now live in a relatively small town. It's not, at least, a city, but it's big enough that you generally do not see the same faces if you commute. For instance, someone I absolutely know for sure I knew in my home state, I see often here. I went to the DMV and there he/she was, sitting in the lobby area, doing absolutely nothing. It didn't look like he/she had any business there. Then, the next day, I was clear across town, and there he/she was, walking in my direction. I definitely knew this person from my gangstalking in my home state. Why the **** they would bother is beyond me. How they afford it is beyond me. Also, I know it sounds weird, but I noticed that the gang stalkers drive with their brights on during day and night time. I've noticed in the afternoon, the same 4 - 6 vehicles will drive with their brights on past me, sometimes honking their horn for literally no reason.

But for the most part, my life's been OKAY since I've moved. However, I know several other TI's whose geographics made no difference, and perhaps made their circumstances worse.

FWIW, I think that your concerns are a combination of both confirmed and perceived problems. Your first experience is based on reality in that your neighbors have legal problems. There's physical evidence of criminal acts. You have a case there. Now, your second experience might be based on "normal" paranoia that relates to your first experience. Do you know the person that allegedly stalks you in your new home state? Are they a colleague or neighbor from your old home state, or do they just look like one of the strangers from your old home state? If you don't know them through some kind of past relationship, it's not impossible that they're just someone who looks like one of the stalkers from your old home state. I still think that you should take my advice about guarding your car and your home, as well as having a witness accompany you. This might help to alleviate some of your fears. Again, I think that your first experience is just skewing how you see things now, in something akin to a minor form of PTSD. Your imagination gets the best of you due to past stressful events.

• Like 1