Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Dahlia gets new lead from a dog :)

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/black-dahlia-murder-case_n_2615347.html

A cadaver dog named Buster,may have picked up a year's old scent in a prime suspects basement .

"On Friday, the San Bernardino Sun reported that author Steve Hodel teamed up with retired police Sgt. Paul Dostie and Buster, a Labrador retriever trained to detect the smell of human decomposition."

Go Buster go !

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Wow a son thinking gis dad was the killer. I do think it is strange that he hauled ass to Asia never to return. Go luck buster

• Like 3

Just because the dog can pick up the scent of decay doesn't mean they've found her remains. It could be other remains.

Just because the dog can pick up the scent of decay doesn't mean they've found her remains. It could be other remains.

Yeah ,but it sounds like no one else lived there but the son since,and he hasn't killed anyone .

They took samples to see if they can figure out if its her .I assume they have DNA of hers ,or a family member ...

• Like 1

As far as I recall from what I've seen/read about it, yes he has been. I think just no definitive proof.

Between the taped conversation and him fleeing to Asia I think he looks very guilty. We will just have to wait for the lab results. Wonder if he is still alive.

On January 15, 1947, 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, known as the Black Dahlia, was discovered brutally murdered in a vacant lot near the intersection of 39th Street and Norton Avenue in South Los Angeles.

This is were she was discovered and said to have been killed, so why would there be any remains in his basement. They knew at the time where her body was, just curious why remains would be found elsewhere??

• Like 1

She was killed in one location, her body placed in another location.

Thankyou, was trying to establish that and have since found that a sack was found believed to have contained the body.

• Like 1

And just info.... The house the doctor lived in at the time is the John Sowden house. Dr. Hodel owned the house from 45-51, but other people have owned it since then. One of the more recent owners did quite a bit of renovations, some of which drew criticism.

• Like 1

And just info.... The house the doctor lived in at the time is the John Sowden house. Dr. Hodel owned the house from 45-51, but other people have owned it since then. One of the more recent owners did quite a bit of renovations, some of which drew criticism.

Ah,I was unaware of this.

Thank you .I hope it is solved though .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, Dr. Hodel died in 1999. Dr. Hodel was a suspect at the time of the killing of course, but it wasn't till after he died that his son started up with researching his father as a killer.

• Like 1