Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giants

annegee

hi I'm new here joined this site as i have a theory and would like peoples thoughts on it.

there have been many reports of giant skeletons been found but no one seems that intersested it doesn't seem to be studied much further, my thoughts are maybe there was a race of giants on earth in ancient times, we had giant animals (dinosaurs) so why not humans, maybe thats how the pramids and other structures (that have us baffled on how they were constructed) were built would have been much easier to move massive stones if its a giant doing it.

your thoughts please

post-137048-0-70203000-1360088696_thumb.

I find reports of giants throughout history very interesting.

I don't know whether a race existed of giants

but certainly giant skeletons have been found but

for some reason not talked about.

I think some reports are real, others are rubbish.

I think anything up to 8 foot odd is likely real.

But reports of 50-100 footers I don't think there real.

There was Giant Roman emperor.

His thumb was said to be so large that he wore his wife's bracelet as a ring for it. While the exact size of Maximinus will probably never be known, he was nonetheless likely a man of great size....

According to Historia Augusta, "he was of such size, so Cordus reports, that men said he was eight foot, six inches in height".[37]

.... the historian Herodian, a contemporary of Maximinus, mentions him as a man of greater size, noting that: "He was in any case a man of such frightening appearance and colossal size that there is no obvious comparison to be drawn with any of the best-trained Greek athletes or warrior elite of the barbarians."[39]

http://en.wikipedia....Maximinus_Thrax

This is photoshop.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

There is a disease called Gigantism that will cause you to grow to enormous size. I don't think this is a new disease so I suspect there have been giants in ancient cultures.

Welcome to UM.

• Like 1

L is right, the OP photo is a fake. So are a lot of other photos on the internet.

8 foot tall isn't common, but there are lots of records of it. I think maybe 10 ish feet might be found in some fossil records, but don't quote me on that.

The question may have some validity as we have the Watusi which are known as a tall peoples as an example. And more recently in the early 20th century we had Robert Wadlow. At 8' 11.1 inches he was the tallest human on record. He also suffered from acromegaly and his size was effectively crushing his legs, ankles and feet. A human of the size of the skeleton in the photoshopped picture from the OP would never be able to stand on his own since with increased height comes an even more increased mass. Two legs couldn't hold his weight.

cormac

hi I'm new here joined this site as i have a theory and would like peoples thoughts on it.

there have been many reports of giant skeletons been found but no one seems that intersested it doesn't seem to be studied much further, my thoughts are maybe there was a race of giants on earth in ancient times, we had giant animals (dinosaurs) so why not humans, maybe thats how the pramids and other structures (that have us baffled on how they were constructed) were built would have been much easier to move massive stones if its a giant doing it.

your thoughts please

This is my answer:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2684&showentry=24127

• Like 1

Depends on the term Giant. If you mean the occational large human, then yes. If you mean the occational taller then average population of humans, then yes. If you mean Titans, or Jotuns, or Cyclops, or any of the other mythic races of much larger then human peoples, then I have ot say no. Almost every single Giant photo you can find online is a Clear Fake. Or at least done deceptively. Forced Perspective can be used in some photos to create giants.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

No offense to the OP, but it seems that so many times on this site, you get someone with their 1st post asking a question that has been asked too many times before for the search function not to return at least a few good results.