Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Band Room

_Only

I'd like to see videos and audio from UM members playing instruments, or if they have bands and or musical projects they have done. It doesn't necessarily have to be your own song; mine in this post isn't. Share your playing/singing/etc!

I think it would be cool, given the technology and times, to create a recording band from members each contributing their part to the song, playing alone wherever they live. Then they could share their recording with the other band members wherever they live, who could add their part to it, and build the song that way. The recording studio would be the size of the Earth. Maybe someday I'll do this with other people. Maybe I'll find some people here who would want to do it! That's all it would take really, as long as each person had the fitting setup to do it (which basically is only a computer, these days)

But mainly this thread is just to share your music with people here. Here's a video of me playing some drums. I look forward to seeing other members' things.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by _Only
  • Like 6

Nice playing. :tu:

With technology nowadays you wouldn't need a huge recording studio, just get everyone to record themselves at home in a hi res wav. Everyone send their wav recordings to one Producer/engineer. Then the producer can sequence it all.

Then get a few different producers form different genres to do a few remixes as well. lol

I used to do that sort of thing on a forum i used to go on, we made some pretty interesting stuff... And some really weird crazy stuff. lol

Edited by Coffey

Nice playing. :tu:

With technology nowadays you wouldn't need a huge recording studio, just get everyone to record themselves at home in a hi res wav. Everyone send their wav recordings to one Producer/engineer. Then the producer can sequence it all.

Then get a few different producers form different genres to do a few remixes as well. lol

I used to do that sort of thing on a forum i used to go on, we made some pretty interesting stuff... And some really weird crazy stuff. lol

Yeah, that's what I mean. It would be a lot of fun. Do you have any recording from the stuff on that forum?

Yeah, that's what I mean. It would be a lot of fun. Do you have any recording from the stuff on that forum?

Sorry i don't it was 10 Years ago, it was mostly electronic music. A few people did play guitar though and added that in.

A lot of it was rather messy, you have to make sure everyone plays in key etc. Timing isn't too important now though because of time stretching etc.

I don't have a music band on my own, but i'd like to hear some songs from the members of the UM. :yes:

This isn't the best version of this song, but it's me from about 2 years ago. Original song! :) Hope ya like it!! I sing it much better now! :P

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 8

Good job, and I wonder how well it sounds now if you sing it even better than that, which was good. What kind of guitar is that? It looks like the Fender acoustic/electric I have.

Okay, we have a guitarist and drummer so far. Now we just need a lot more of them, plus every other instrument EVER.

Creating music using various members is a great idea. I'm a bass player who's available! I've written songs, some played in bands I've been in. but I haven't done much lately.

Here's a song I wrote and recorded with some good musicians about 10 years ago. It was recorded using a portable digital recorder in the guitar player's house. The sound turned out as good as it did because the keyboard player who recorded and mixed it knew what he was doing. The mix may not be up to pro standards, but It shows the quality of sound that can be had using even 10 year old technology.

• Like 4

[media=]

[/media]

^ An example of my musical organizational skills. All guitar tracks.

I'll post a cover of Hey Joe on here once I record it tomorrow.

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 4

Creating music using various members is a great idea. I'm a bass player who's available! I've written songs, some played in bands I've been in. but I haven't done much lately.

Here's a song I wrote and recorded with some good musicians about 10 years ago. It was recorded using a portable digital recorder in the guitar player's house. The sound turned out as good as it did because the keyboard player who recorded and mixed it knew what he was doing. The mix may not be up to pro standards, but It shows the quality of sound that can be had using even 10 year old technology.

[media=]

[/media]

Really well done. Great feeling. It almost reminds me of some old Eagles and their softer side. I can dig listening to this. Nice arrangement as well.

That song is timeless! Doesn't matter your age, it's all good! Nicely done. Some real good feel on those licks and decent vibrato technique.

That song is timeless! Doesn't matter your age, it's all good! Nicely done. Some real good feel on those licks and decent vibrato technique.

Thanks a lot, man! I've only been playing for about five years. I still have much to learn, but I definitely enjoy playing.

Thanks a lot, man! I've only been playing for about five years. I still have much to learn, but I definitely enjoy playing.

And nice shirt, by the way. Maybe you can choose a Coheed song for your next video. I'm seeing them later this month!

[media=]

[/media]

My daughter recorded me going over the 2nd lead track for the new tune I just put up, "Grab the Sky". This is all from the demo sessions, before the entire song had been written yet.

• Like 7

I think what helps a lot to have a drum track to play to when you're playing by yourself. It's so easy to get out of time just playing alone. Drum programs for the computer are pretty inexpensive and easy to use. It's good training, too.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

My daughter recorded me going over the 2nd lead track for the new tune I just put up, "Grab the Sky". This is all from the demo sessions, before the entire song had been written yet.

Dude, you're sick on the guitar. Thanks for sharing your video.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I sold my 70's Gibson SG, Parker Fly and Japanese Strat a few years back when times were tough, so I have nothing to contribute. But this thread looks like a lot of fun, nice playing everyone!

Unfortunately, I sold my 70's Gibson SG, Parker Fly and Japanese Strat a few years back when times were tough, so I have nothing to contribute. But this thread looks like a lot of fun, nice playing everyone!

Gibson SG's are so fun to play, man. Although a lot of people believe it's purely for distorted rock, artists like Carlos Santana and Derek Trucks make it sing.

I made this for all of the bass players out there, so they can pretend that people think about them.

:P

The plot thickens.

Turntable present

The plot thickens.

I'd like to see videos and audio from UM members playing instruments, or if they have bands and or musical projects they have done. It doesn't necessarily have to be your own song; mine in this post isn't. Share your playing/singing/etc!

I think it would be cool, given the technology and times, to create a recording band from members each contributing their part to the song, playing alone wherever they live. Then they could share their recording with the other band members wherever they live, who could add their part to it, and build the song that way. The recording studio would be the size of the Earth. Maybe someday I'll do this with other people. Maybe I'll find some people here who would want to do it! That's all it would take really, as long as each person had the fitting setup to do it (which basically is only a computer, these days)

But mainly this thread is just to share your music with people here. Here's a video of me playing some drums. I look forward to seeing other members' things.

[media=]

[/media]

Have you ever listened to Vildjharta? THis is EXACTLY how they got started and how more than a few of their first songs were recorded. it was only much later that they came together physically as a band. Amazing music. Very complex. And for having what, 7 members - they are very tight.

I have a song that I recorded several years ago, it's drums, bass and vocals. It's like a '50's style rock and roll song. I wonder if anyone would be interested in putting a guitar track to it? Thing is, how do I attach the MP3 file here so someone could copy it?