Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonalds introduces fine dining to service!

Paranoid Android

From fast food to fine dining: a world first for Maccas

A McDonald's in the NSW Illawarra is the first Maccas outlet in the world to offer plates, cutlery and table service with its dine-in meals.

The fast food giant’s global headquarters in Chicago has given the Warilla outlet the go-ahead to trial table service in a move that has gained international attention.

McDonald’s Warilla franchisees Glenn and Katia Dwarte came up with the idea after Mr Dwarte started serving his parents and mother-in-law meals that way during their weekly visits to the restaurant.

It immediately attracted the attention of other people who asked ‘‘How do I order that?’’

Further reading - Source

This was on the news this evening, thought I'd share. I think my brain exploded when I heard it :lol: Edited by Paranoid Android

This was on the news this evening, thought I'd share. I think my brain exploded when I heard it :lol:[/size][/font][/color]

Im sorry but anything mcDonalds tries to sell me they can s**k my b***s,everything they serve is so refined it is unreal.I dont care if they told me the cow was only grass fed in the least polluted place on earth and was just slaughtered.I would tell them to shove it

It seems like consumer confidence has dropped since the BK fiasco.

Pardon my Australian ignorance, but what was the BK fiasco? Presumably Burger King, but I haven't heard anything such as a fiasco.
  • Like 1

Contradictions can't exist in the world *starts convulsing on the ground*

Im so hungry I could eat a horse... I think ill go to BK!

Actually, it didn't disturb me at all. Kinda made me want to go to BK as soon as I heard. I just like trying new cuts of meat is all... nothing odd.

Pardon my Australian ignorance, but what was the BK fiasco? Presumably Burger King, but I haven't heard anything such as a fiasco.

This fiasco

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/burger-king-horsemeat-admits-tainted_n_2593538.html

"Moo" :td:

The only safe bet is to not eat junk food in the first place. I've observed a marked difference in the health of those who eat junk food and those who don't . A few years back there was a documentary type movie called "Supersize Me"...let me see if I can find a link.

Ok, got it. If you haven't seen this, you need to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-eRXuuH9AI

• Like 1

My confidence in what these companies pass off as food bottomed out long before bk's prob's haha

I had my first waffle here in Vietnam last weekend. A small waffle shop has opened up, and they know what they are doing, even though they were all Vietnamese. It was nice and crunchy with blueberries and blueberry syrup and vanilla ice cream and a little powered sugar.

Of course to break my dietary rules that badly I had to take an extra dose of metformin and put up with diarrhea all night, but it was worth it.

I also understand that both McDonald's and Starbucks are here. There are KFCs all over the place, so these other American chains are way behind.

I had my first waffle here in Vietnam last weekend. A small waffle shop has opened up, and they know what they are doing, even though they were all Vietnamese. It was nice and crunchy with blueberries and blueberry syrup and vanilla ice cream and a little powered sugar.

Of course to break my dietary rules that badly I had to take an extra dose of metformin and put up with diarrhea all night, but it was worth it.

I also understand that both McDonald's and Starbucks are here. There are KFCs all over the place, so these other American chains are way behind.

Frank frank frank shame on you lol,that meal alone sounds bad enough to make one a full blown diabetic haha

• Like 1

Mc donalds- fine dining-I don't think sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bet'cha 10 to 1 this catches on. Next thing you know, they'll have a buffet table in all of their restaurants.

Looks like they're reinventing the wheel to me.

So, hamburger with creme fraiche and truffles anybody?

• Like 1

So, hamburger with creme fraiche and truffles anybody?

Mmmmmmm good though i will need a little pink slime sauce with that please

I'm not sure having plates delivered to the table really constitutes fine dining. But I do think it's a nice service point.

And random historical tidbit... Super early in McDonalds history, carhops served food on real dishes with real glasses to the carside. This was in 1940, when they were BBQ. By the burger overhaul in 48, carhops were canned, food wrappings were disposable.

• Like 1

I'm not sure having plates delivered to the table really constitutes fine dining. But I do think it's a nice service point.

And random historical tidbit... Super early in McDonalds history, carhops served food on real dishes with real glasses to the carside. This was in 1940, when they were BBQ. By the burger overhaul in 48, carhops were canned, food wrappings were disposable.

Did not know that,and of course the meat they served was 100% real back then i assume

For some reason the vision of dining ware and McDonalds just doesn't mix.

Can you imagine a big mac being served on a ceramic plate? Kind of..ironic or something...