Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost Hunters'Team Captures Footage Of Ghost

Still Waters

Sit at table watching monitors, wearing earphones and a made to measure look of surprise when one calls out.......

Hey guys, listen to this!!!!

One day it will be something worth listening to, like the Road Runner.

Meep meep!!

There been numerous occasions on the halloween live events where they got busted for staging events.

I've never seen any definitive proofs that evidences and paranormal experiences were faked in the show. That's what really matters in the end. The rest is for ''TV'' entertainement we all know that. Grant Wilson publicly admitted in a 2013 interview in the radio show ''The Reveal'' that they've a close in their contracts forbidding them to fake evidences. I don't see Grant as the type of liar and many people who know him personally as well.

I know you can find a bunch of video on Youtube of skeptics trying to dismiss and debunk Ghost Hunters, notably about the Halloween Special Live Event of 2006 but to be honest, I see that as interpretations. Some may even have a purpose, to descedit them and are not objective in their attempt to understand the causes and the context of the scenes.

I've never seen any definitive proofs that evidences and paranormal experiences were faked in the show. That's what really matters in the end. The rest is for ''TV'' entertainement we all know that. Grant Wilson publicly admitted in a 2013 interview in the radio show ''The Reveal'' that they've a close in their contracts forbidding them to fake evidences. I don't see Grant as the type of liar and many people who know him personally as well.

I know you can find a bunch of video on Youtube of skeptics trying to dismiss and debunk Ghost Hunters, notably about the Halloween Special Live Event of 2006 but to be honest, I see that as interpretations. Some may even have a purpose, to descedit them and are not objective in their attempt to understand the causes and the context of the scenes.

again, not wearing pov cams. if they wore it, they couldn't make claims of seeing it off camera. that youtube vid was from 2008 and it ahows them talking anout what were they going to do and where to stand.
  • Like 1

again, not wearing pov cams. if they wore it, they couldn't make claims of seeing it off camera. that youtube vid was from 2008 and it ahows them talking anout what were they going to do and where to stand.

Not sure what's wrong about the content of this video.

It's normal, especially in a live event of 7 hours which poses many technical difficulties, to make sure the investigators are at the right place to shoot a scene. This is TV and there as to be some lines to follow and we all know various scenes are not spontaneous. I am ready to live with that as a viewer as long as the findings are not in jeopardize.

As for the POV camera, apparently they tried it for investigating and it was featured in part of an episode. But this is a reality show about Ghost Hunters, and the focus must be on how the investigators do their job and their reactions as persons in these strange and sometimes creepy environments. It might become annoying for the viewers who want to see and focus on the broader picture. Nonetheless they're able to catch some very interesting pieces of evidence without POV cam.

Edited by sam_comm

Not sure what's wrong about the content of this video.

It's normal, especially in a live event of 7 hours which poses many technical difficulties, to make sure the investigators are at the right place to shoot a scene. This is TV and there as to be some lines to follow and we all know various scenes are not spontaneous. I am ready to live with that as a viewer as long as the findings are not in jeopardize.

As for the POV camera, apparently they tried it for investigating and it was featured in part of an episode. But this is a reality show about Ghost Hunters, and the focus must be on how the investigators do their job and their reactions as persons in these strange and sometimes creepy environments. It might become annoying for the viewers who want to see and focus on the broader picture. Nonetheless they're able to catch some very interesting pieces of evidence without POV cam.

I thought the purpose was to catch and show proof of ghosts?

The real concept is to entertain, thats their real purpose, ratings. I have checked their evidence and it really can be classed as manipulated, user error (alot of it can be), or hardware issue.

• Like 1

I thought the purpose was to catch and show proof of ghosts?

The real concept is to entertain, thats their real purpose, ratings. I have checked their evidence and it really can be classed as manipulated, user error (alot of it can be), or hardware issue.

That's the main purpose of TAPS as an organisation. You know, they do tones of investigations, only some of them are featured in the Ghost Hunters show. They've been some complaint and suggestions that TAPS should wear POV cam in their investigations. They did put one on their heard for an investigation that was featured on Ghost Hunters and with the light and the cam, it was akward enough that they did not subscribe to this procedure. But they do have a handheld camera and the thermal one sweeping in front of them in every investigation. Every group have their own mentality and way of doing things.

The Scifi Network and Pilgrim studio has to make the show entertaining. No show would survive in a NBC owned channel if there was no viewers to watch it. That's the price to pay for Ghost Hunting on TV. That's why it's presented as a reality show while TAPS is focused on gathering evidences of the paranormal and promote the idea. I am quite sure Jason and Grant as Producers, did not always agree with the way SciFi and Pilgrim wanted some things done but I do not think they compromised themselves and their organisation.

Sorry, I do not doubt your expertise, I don't know you, but I have no conclusive proof that the evidence gathered in the show is manipulated nor that they fake paranormal experience. Let alone Grant Wilson's claim that each member of this show have a close in their contracts forbidding them to manipulate evidences. You may want to listen to this interesting interview: http://thereveal.pod...T10_40_52-08_00

I am not sure sure what you mean by ''user error'' but if they suspect an EVP or a DVR frame is contaminated by an investigator they throw it in the garbage. Human mistake is of course a possiblity but I don't see that as a constant problem. Jason, Grant and Steve investigate the paranormal for more than 20 years. They do have experience in the field.

Edited by sam_comm

No show would survive in a NBC owned channel if there was no viewers to watch it.

I see your claim, I raise you The Apprentice

• Like 3

I see your claim, I raise you The Apprentice

I do not watch this show and know little about it but The Apprentice was a hit when it came out in 2003-2004 drawing 20,7 Millions viewers. The numbers have been in decline since then but still held to 7.5 Millions viewers for season 6 in 2006-2007 before the formula was changed which is fair enough in a Thursday night competition against CBS' Desperate Housewives, Cold Case and later on Brother and Sister.

Now it seems that the franchise will continue under The Celebrity Apprentice for another season thoughit is far from clear and still isn't. It would seem that it would narowly hold on even if down by 20 per cent last years it still lead in Sunday night 10pm viewing.

That's a reality, a show aired on Amercian National brocasting TV must draw a fair amount of viewers otherwise it is quickly removed. The competition is rough.

Now we know that Ghost Hunter International has been cancelled. As a spin-off, it didn't had the same attraction as the main show so they ended it.

Edited by sam_comm

All these paranormal tv shows are for entertainment. Most of it is staged in one way or another to make it exciting for the viewer. Anyone who has actually been on an investigation themself will realise that it is boring, cold and, most of the time, in fact, nearly all the time, hardly anything happens. This wouldn't get the ratings on tv. It's virtually impossible for them to film in one night and get enough to make a programme about it. Non-believers could argue that nothing happens because ghosts don't exist but occasionally you get things happen which can't be explained.

• Like 1

That's a reality, a show aired on Amercian National brocasting TV must draw a fair amount of viewers otherwise it is quickly removed. The competition is rough.

actually it does not. its just cheap enough to make a small profit on poor ratings

like a show about some random people walking around old buildings

• Like 1

actually it does not. its just cheap enough to make a small profit on poor ratings

like a show about some random people walking around old buildings

Well, Ghost Hunters got the highest ratings of any reality programming on the NBC owned channel Syfy, please get your fact straight! That's why it has reached 9 seasons. It air on the Oxygen and the Canadian OLN network as well.

If Ghost Hunters is still alive today that's because it has a strong fanbase to watch the show. Now with Grant's departure I think the show is steadily going towards it's end. 9 seasons is considered a great achievement on TV and Ghost Hunters was initially meant to go for a couple episode...

Edited by sam_comm

Well, Ghost Hunters got the highest ratings of any reality programming on the NBC owned channel Syfy, please get your fact straight! That's why it has reached 9 seasons. It air on the Oxygen and the Canadian OLN network as well.

If Ghost Hunters is still alive today that's because it has a strong fanbase to watch the show. Now with Grant's departure I think the show is steadily going towards it's end. 9 seasons is considered a great achievement on TV and Ghost Hunters was initially meant to go for a couple episode...

Clearly you don't follow ratings, they use to have a ratings log but was taken down in 2011. On the year 2011 their ratings went down to 1.2 million viewers compared to 3 million viewers. They have been a float for 1.2m to 1.4 mil over time but now in 2013 their ratings has dropped more.

Ghost hunters are also low budget compared to other shows that require.. special effects.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

The fact that these program claim to have found definitive evidence of paranormal activity and then do virtually nothing to actually research it beyond a single episode is evidence enough that there is nothing to any of their claims.

IF any 'real' evidence existed no one would simply shoot some video and move on. IF someone could prove beyond a doubt that there were some sort of supernatural entities running amok in a building I do not think there would be much debate. Eventually real science would kick in an it would be researched. Instead these shows, like most hobbyist, visit a supposed haunted location, shoot some video, act startled, make claims and then move on. To hear some of these folks the ghosts (or whatever they are supposed to be) basically put a show on, repeatedly.

A friend of mine purchased a home that is supposed to be haunted. He gives tours and the claims of regular activity crack me up. The goal of 'paranormal research' is supposed to be (at least as I understand it) to find real evidence. Again, if these events are so easy to find (with gadgets or without) why isn't there mountains of documented, scientifically, proof?

It is faith, belief, that keep these things going. If you believe and your faith is strong enough no amount of real evidence is going to change your mind. The use of 'mediums' as a tool to prove the existence of 'spirits or ghosts' illustrates that perfectly. One cannot prove what a medium claims so how can they be used to verify the existence of yet another thing that has not been shown to exist?

• Like 2

Clearly you don't follow ratings, they use to have a ratings log but was taken down in 2011. On the year 2011 their ratings went down to 1.2 million viewers compared to 3 million viewers. They have been a float for 1.2m to 1.4 mil over time but now in 2013 their ratings has dropped more.

Ghost hunters are also low budget compared to other shows that require.. special effects.

The show run since 2004, obviously the ratings drop over time. Especially in a show like Ghost Hunters which use basically the same formula since it's very beginning. Still, they remain in the top reality shows of the Syfy channel. It is the precursor of many paranormal Ghost Hunting shows on TV and is kind of the baby of the Syfy channel. It once got along with Face Off, the highest ratings of the syfy channel. Ghost Hunters international and Ghost Hunters Academy have been thrown out the window for they didn't met expectations.

Actually in the 2011 it averaged 1,6 Millions viewers in mid-season. A significant drop from the past seasons but still not too bad. In 2012 the show got spikes up to 2,7 Millions in terms of audiences averaging 1,5 millions. So, the show still maintenaned a fairly solid base which I think is the reason the show is still on.

In 2013, with Grant's departure in started pretty badly with a 1.208 million viewers and 0.4 in the 18-48. But it steadily get back it's pace with 1.669 million viewers, for episode 4 0.745 million adults 18-49 a rating of 0.6 and 1.437 million viewers for summer finale.

I think it is clear that Ghost Hunters is going towards it's end. It may get a 10 seasons though that is not a certainty but I hardly see it get past beyond that. All things must come to an end.

Edited by sam_comm

Face Off is dope

that aside, the viewership debate seems to be off point a bit.

Just because a lot of people like it, doesn't mean its real.

Pro-wrestling, Jerry Springer, all reality shows ever

• Like 1

Face Off is dope

that aside, the viewership debate seems to be off point a bit.

Pro-wrestling, Jerry Springer, all reality shows ever

PRO wrestling is real, I mean them stamping the ground as they punch people always happen IRL

• Like 2

Absolutely but by this logic if I may add: Just because many skeptics have tried to discredit it and doesn't like it, doesn't mean their findings are not legit!

I personally don't care if most scenes are not really spontaneous and the investigations are fragmented, what matters to me is the findings and I can't disprove them and haven't seen any convincing proofs that they're manipulated or faked. I rather do believe that T.A.P.S has it's intergrity to preserve and would not go that that road. Even Syfy doesn't seems to be fond for this kind of deceits, at least for this show, each member cast in Ghost Hunters have a close in their contracts forbidding them to do such a thing according to Grant Wilson in an radio interview when he left. Some may deem him a liair and deceiver but I don't support this view.

Edited by sam_comm

Absolutely but by this logic if I may add: Just because many skeptics have tried to discredit it and doesn't like it, doesn't mean their findings are not legit!

I personally don't care if most scenes are not really spontaneous and the investigations are fragmented, what matters to me is the findings and I can't disprove them and haven't seen any convincing proofs that they're manipulated or faked. I rather do believe that T.A.P.S has it's intergrity to preserve and would not go that that road. Even Syfy doesn't seems to be fond for this kind of deceits, at least for this show, each member cast in Ghost Hunters have a close in their contracts forbidding them to do such a thing according to Grant Wilson in an radio interview when he left. Some may deem him a liair and deceiver but I don't support this view.

I never seen any one here said they didn't like it, just it's not real. I enjoy storage wars and that is totally stagged.

• Like 1

Ill agree with you Sammy, trying to discredit something doesn't mean its fake....nope, not at all......*sips water*

*throws glass at wall*

Unfortunately, actually discrediting them, as has been done.

And, interviews with former members, admitting its fake, and, the presence of all the videos showing the fakes, (which, since you've used youtube videos to back yourself up, I'll have to assume you see Youtube as science's zenith of proof) all come together, to show that this show, with it's Superhero complex havin' hot topic host, is a fake.

...sorry about the glass

• Like 1

Ill agree with you Sammy, trying to discredit something doesn't mean its fake....nope, not at all......*sips water*

*throws glass at wall*

Unfortunately, actually discrediting them, as has been done.

And, interviews with former members, admitting its fake, and, the presence of all the videos showing the fakes, (which, since you've used youtube videos to back yourself up, I'll have to assume you see Youtube as science's zenith of proof) all come together, to show that this show, with it's Superhero complex havin' hot topic host, is a fake.

...sorry about the glass

fKomSy6.gif
  • Like 3

^ Wow, I have nothing to say. ^

• Like 2

The fact that these program claim to have found definitive evidence of paranormal activity and then do virtually nothing to actually research it beyond a single episode is evidence enough that there is nothing to any of their claims.

IF any 'real' evidence existed no one would simply shoot some video and move on. IF someone could prove beyond a doubt that there were some sort of supernatural entities running amok in a building I do not think there would be much debate. Eventually real science would kick in an it would be researched. Instead these shows, like most hobbyist, visit a supposed haunted location, shoot some video, act startled, make claims and then move on. To hear some of these folks the ghosts (or whatever they are supposed to be) basically put a show on, repeatedly.

A friend of mine purchased a home that is supposed to be haunted. He gives tours and the claims of regular activity crack me up. The goal of 'paranormal research' is supposed to be (at least as I understand it) to find real evidence. Again, if these events are so easy to find (with gadgets or without) why isn't there mountains of documented, scientifically, proof?

It is faith, belief, that keep these things going. If you believe and your faith is strong enough no amount of real evidence is going to change your mind. The use of 'mediums' as a tool to prove the existence of 'spirits or ghosts' illustrates that perfectly. One cannot prove what a medium claims so how can they be used to verify the existence of yet another thing that has not been shown to exist?

I agree with you totally. I have investigated with a few paranormal teams and each one claimed to promote evidence based research. It all depends on the person actually running the group. At every meeting I challenged what research and where was the paperwork. They should have had filing cabinets full of reports. I tried to get them to monitor things which could be tested. ie, temp, humity, weather conditions. Controls needed to be set out where this could be done on a regular basis. When a member of the group claimed the temp had dropped, how can you confirm this without a prior reading? I would keep my own notes and prepare reports after the event but I believed every member of the group should do the same. These are just basic things which really prove nothing but do give a record of events occurring throughout the evening. Alas the room of filing cabinets never appeared, although the groups popularity did rise leading to media events and radio shows. One particular group was involved with the crew of Most Haunted.