Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Transylvanian dinosaur unearthed

Still Waters

A Transylvanian dinosaur which could walk on all fours or take to the skies on three metre wings has been unearthed by scientists.

The newly discovered pterorsaur, which is 68 million years old, was unearthed in Romania's Transylvanian Basin.

The creature, named Eurazhdarcho langendorfensis, had a long neck and beak and could fold up its huge wings when it needed to walk on all fours, reports journal PLoS ONE.

http://www.telegraph...scientists.html

• Like 3

Oh, that's disappointing. I thought it meant they'd found one alive now, somewhere in the Carpathians.

How do they know it was named named Eurazhdarcho langendorfensis? Did it have a name tag on its collar?

• Like 3

Ok they were big sandpipper. I thought they were lizards not birds.

I've wondered about this. There were the dinosaurs, the plesiosaurs, the pterosaurs, the turtles, the things that later became snakes and lizards, the things that later became birds, the crocidilians and another bunch called the "mammal-like reptiles". We call all of them reptiles, but they are as different from one another as from mammals. Do we just lump them all together because they were contemporaneous and it's a habit?

It wouldn't, perchance, have had a taste for blood or predilection for impaling it's prey with it's beak, would it? A Vladodon perhaps? :whistle:

It wouldn't, perchance, have had a taste for blood or predilection for impaling it's prey with it's beak, would it? A Vladodon perhaps? :whistle:

Count Eurazhdarco. :yes:

either way i hope they find information and solve their questions and find the answers they seek to them.i always liked dinosaurs.my favorite one is the raptor because they fast,smart and agile but still strong.but i wish i could add more useful information to this but dinasaurs i need to catch up on my dinosaur history lol

Okay... now I think their just resorting to making things up because they got bored.

:| Pterorsaur's aren't dinosaurs.

The title needs to be changed as -- 'Flying Transylvanian Pterosaur Unearthed'. It's funny, in that site telegraph.co.uk, they mentioned it as Dinosaur in the title and pterorsaur in the description.