Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

ali smack

are you in favour of gay marriage?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. are you in favour of Gay Marriage

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way
    • yes. But only in a registry office
    • I am undecided

what are your opinions of Gay Marriage in the UK?

Are you for it?

Against it?

Not fussed either way?

Or agree but think it shouldn't be allowed in a church?

Discuss

Oh. I guess my vote doesn't count then. Didn't realise this was for UK. :blush:

I agree with gay marriages.

But not in a church unless the church and the people of the area has absolutely no problems with it. But most of how i feel has been said on the other thread.

Because of laws which involve marriage rights, no one has a right to say gay people should not get married. Where...is another story.

• Like 1

They are people, therefore they should be allowed to get married.

• Like 2

They are people, therefore they should be allowed to get married.

Here here. :tu:

likey is playing up, but you will get it when ti stops being a p**** t. :cry:

• Like 1

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kindom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kindom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites.

Whats this? are you saying its bull or do you follow this tripe?

• Like 1

Good thing I don't want to inherit fantasy land. :tu:

• Like 2

I say no don't allow them to get married, because it might disrupt children, and turn them into gays... If my children see something so odd like a gay wedding, they might be encouraged to do the same. That's how gays start, they copy each other...My daughter is already rebellious, she wont clean her room, I have to nag her and suggest a form of punishment.. Turning gay is an act of rebellion, and I know that if she see's gays getting married, just to tick me off, she will do the same. I think that is why so many gays want to marry, just to tick people off.......I caught her playing with boys toys ( cars and toy guns ) at a friends house.. I nearly took a fit, I had to drag her away from there before it turns her gay... I fear it might already be too late, because I see her sneaking my baby boy some girly toys, and he too could follow suit and turn out gay..... She already has little Aaron bopping away to 'pansy boy bands' . If this happens, I will never have grandkids..*sigh* :cry:..lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Why do we have to change the definition of marriage to give everyone equal rights? Surely a rose by any other name would smell as sweet?

Good thing I don't want to inherit fantasy land. :tu:

I got you down to inherit my bit of island, bring whatever you like except religious quotes or books, we haven`t got time for all that, we got better things to do like: fornication, idolatering, adulterering, sodomiting and homosexualiting.

Have I spelt them right?

Yea good call.. Lock the pearly gates up and don't let any of them in.. When I die, I am going to personally ask for a security officers job, and I will stop them all from getting in ..God will later promote me to chief security officer, My slogan would be - If your name is not down? You ain't getting in !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I say no don't allow them to get married, because it might disrupt children, and turn them into gays... If my children see something so odd like a gay wedding, they might be encouraged to do the same. That's how gays start, they copy each other...My daughter is already rebellious, she wont clean her room, I have to nag her and suggest a form of punishment.. Turning gay is an act of rebellion, and I know that if she see's gays getting married, just to tick me off, she will do the same. I think that is why so many gays want to marry, just to tick people off.......I caught her playing with boys toys ( cars and toy guns ) at a friends house.. I nearly took a fit, I had to drag her away from there before it turns her gay... I fear it might already be too late, because I see her sneaking my baby boy some girly toys, and he too could follow suit and turn out gay..... She already has little Aaron bopping away to 'pansy boy bands' . If this happens, I will never have grandkids..*sigh* :cry:..lol

But does your daughter not clean her room because she has watched you not clean the house? i doubt it. :blush:

I think gays should be allowed to marry, there are too many laws against them when it comes to property and wills etc etc etc. They are people and should be allowed to be man and man or woman and woman if they like.....the children bit....well.... thats another thread. :w00t:

Yea good call.. Lock the pearly gates up and don't let any of them in.. When I die, I am going to personally ask for a security officers job, and I will stop them all from getting in ..God will later promote me to chief security officer, My slogan would be - If your name is not down? You ain't getting in !!

Haha, will you be wearing the outfit you have in your avatar? I think it looks great for the part.

But does your daughter not clean her room because she has watched you not clean the house? i doubt it. :blush:

I think gays should be allowed to marry, there are too many laws against them when it comes to property and wills etc etc etc. They are people and should be allowed to be man and man or woman and woman if they like.....the children bit....well.... thats another thread. :w00t:

Haha, will you be wearing the outfit you have in your avatar? I think it looks great for the part.

Surely a civil union gives you the exact same rights without the negitive, religious sacrament, overtones.

Surely a civil union gives you the exact same rights without the negitive, religious sacrament, overtones.

After a certain amount of years, but why call it a civil union, you do not have to be religious to get married.......so whats the problem with gay people getting married when the religious lot have no objections to the non religious people doing it?

I got married, am not religious, and no one stood outside the registry office with a banner objecting.

If non religious people can get married, then why can not gay people and why change whats its called?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

When heterosexuals are banned from getting a divorce and truly hold marriage to be the sacred bond they claim it is, then I will be satisfied with just a civil union.

• Like 5

Oh she sure knew how to copy the lazy act.. From she was a baby, she was forever round my hubbys cousins house, and their young daughter Linzi is one lazy hallion.. Becky told us why should she clean her room, when Linzi doesn't have to? I said, because I am NOT Linzis mother, you do what I say.. She eventually does because she knows that I will punish her by removing the things she likes more ..

I think gays should be allowed to marry,

Well I am not that liberal minded, I think if they got married, they will turn others gay too.. It's just WRONG.. wrong I tell ya

They are people and should be allowed to be man and man or woman and woman if they like.

*shudders* UHHH bring back the law that makes it all illegal.. It's not right, it's not even in the same postcode as right..

I won't allow my family to watch anything gay, regardless how funny Alan Car and Graham Norton is.. PFFFT no thank you lol

• Like 1

When heterosexuals are banned from getting a divorce and truly hold marriage to be the sacred bond they claim it is, then I will be satisfied with just a civil union.

So its not about rights, its about semantics

After a certain amount of years, but why call it a civil union, you do not have to be religious to get married.......so whats the problem with gay people getting married when the religious lot have no objections to the non religious people doing it?

I got married, am not religious, and no one stood outside the registry office with a banner objecting.

If non religious people can get married, then why can not gay people and why change whats its called?

I am not religious and therefor see marriage as outdated. Marriage was started by and continues to be a religious sacrament. If my parnter and I ever choose to have a ceremony it will be a civil union. I see no difference between the two except the religious overtones.

The reason non religious people are encouraged to marry in churches is that you are a man and woman who could be potential church goers

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

Haha, you can`t say this ! :no: SACRED BONDS????

BTW here is a nice church wedding which i would like the religious lot to explain: and they complain about gays???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1296850/Katie-Price-makes-foulmouthed-entrance-church-farcical-wedding-day.html#axzz2K9T5GS3a

It's about whatever you choose it to be.

What difference does it make, if they get married in a registry office why should it be anyone elses business? getting married does not mean you are religious.

• Like 1

I cannot believe these gays want equal rights? I mean, who does that in this day and age? Its so uncivilized .Only straight people deserve equal rights.. It's high time people knew this..lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I won't allow my family to watch anything gay, regardless how funny Alan Car and Graham Norton is.. PFFFT no thank you lol

WHAT?? no Alan Car or Graham Norton? I would not clean my room either if I was your daughter.

Joke, i do not watch them either, not because they are gay, but because I just dont think they are funny. :whistle:

• Like 1