Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian Kids Banned from B-day Tradition

Keel M.

I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Breathing spreads germs ffs.

Celebrating birthdays at school just got a little less fun for kids in Australia. New guidelines issued Tuesday by the country's National Health and Medical Research Council say that children can no longer blow out the candles on cakes at school because doing so spreads too many germs.

Full story

*bangs fist on table*

WE ALSO NEED TO BAN GERMS!

Why stop there?

• Like 5

They're no longer allowed to blow the candles out on their cake? May as well ban all social dining restaurants then since you have strangers breathing in the vicinity of your food.

Well that's just dumb.

that's the government of Australia for you.

World going into financial crisis (again), a third of the country flooding, another third melting in the heat, and the other other third either on fire or at risk of being on fire, an election in seven months, people in immigrant detention centres rioting, the health care system teetering, the education system a mess courtesy of federally mandated reforms .... and the important stuff like banning blowing out of candles is what they focus on.

• Like 6

Wanna piece??

The mentality of some Politicians and Civil Servants is beyond belief. I sometimes think that none of them had childhoods.The P.M probably starts political fires rather than extinguishing them.

Better stop kissing too never know where those lips have been.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 5

that's the government of Australia for you.

World going into financial crisis (again), a third of the country flooding, another third melting in the heat, and the other other third either on fire or at risk of being on fire, an election in seven months, people in immigrant detention centres rioting, the health care system teetering, the education system a mess courtesy of federally mandated reforms .... and the important stuff like banning blowing out of candles is what they focus on.

Gidday Mate

Is it a guideline or a suggestion? Do you think teachers will take it seriously? I doubt there is a parent in Australia that would go chase down a teacher because they think their kid got the flu from a birthday cake. I think the damage would be far greater than any good. It's slowly removing aspects of social life.

Australian medical professionals agree that the new guidelines go a bit too far.

If our medical professionals do not agree, how could something this blatantly stupid get passed?

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Better stop kissing too never know where those lips have been.

Kissing??? Kissing and hugging have become sexual harassment.

• Like 3

I bet blowing candles out on Birthday cakes derived from an old wives tale. Much like chicken pox sleep overs. Try and work out why kids are crook afterwards, did they eat too much or did they catch the flu? Everything is antibacterial this and that these days.

For crying out loud just let kids eat dirt once in a while. There are so many kids with allergies and atmosphere ailments these days, wonder why.

I'm not say inject your kids with Ebola or anything but littlens that get a chance to play in the garden etc from an early age are the ones that become immune sooner to basic grubs.

LOL, Personally I refrain from eating cake that Lil people blow candles out on.,. Ive seen more than enough boogers and dribbles to last me two lifetimes. XD

PS Same goes with the educated idiot that recently said that children that consumed fruit was not a good choice because of the natural sugars and acids. If the government made dental in schools a priority, their wouldn't be an "epidemic". O.o It start with teaching kids about consistent dental hygiene.

Edited by xCrimsonx

It's pretty easy to get around, put a cup cake in front of the kid with a candle on it and the cake in the centre unmolested. What a shame people have become so precious though, there is literally not a milimetre of space on this sphere that is not covered in germs - run for the hills we're all gonna die, oh wait, there's germs in them there hills too ...

• Like 2

It's pretty easy to get around, put a cup cake in front of the kid with a candle on it and the cake in the centre unmolested. What a shame people have become so precious though, there is literally not a milimetre of space on this sphere that is not covered in germs - run for the hills we're all gonna die, oh wait, there's germs in them there hills too ...

To be factual we are just walking sacks of bacteria,and one the most common places to find bacteria, is not the loo seat,which is usually quoted, but the STEERING WHEEL of your car....think of what your hands have been touching today,before you drove home, ie:- an elevator stair rail....a shop door...a public loo door...etc...millions of nasty little bugs getting on your hands then you jump into your car. yeehaaa, how many times do people clean their car steering wheel even with a wet wipe......aaaarrrgh.
  • Like 1

Clearly this world is now so dangerous that some sort of final solution is needed. So, for 100% safety, lets ban all people.....

• Like 2

Perhaps we ought to ban the experts who insist on coming up with these ideas.... :no:

There was one such germ paranoid type on a morning news broadcast here, a wee while back. She pontificated long and wisely upon the danger of spreading germs, from sneezing to general contact, to the point were another guest butted in. First she placed her own hand on the table in front of them, ran the hand then down the expert's arm, shook hands with the presenters, and intoned gravely: "Look, I have now infected you all. Plus, we all came in from outside, got make-up slapped on us, and you - the expert - are worried that you MIGHT get an infection? For crying out loud, how can you cope with leaving your house each day?!!!

• Like 1

I love a good dose of germs. Hell I haven't been to a doctor for sickness in over 5 years.

Edit: I'm pretty sure being a grubby little kid helped...

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 2

Yea because germs cannot spread around a classroom without blowing out birthday candles ..Take away the birthday cake, and you will never see a kid catch the cold in school again

• Like 1

Imagine these generation of kids in twenty years. Probably will have a low immune system.

• Like 2

The school where my kids go to never allowed candles in the first place anyway, probably some OHS issue.

They also ask for cupcakes, slices or for you to pre-cut a large cake up. I don't understand the problem if single serves are brought to school anyway why not just put a candle in the birthday childs piece?

But then my school has bigger problems than that to deal with. :td:

No one has been proven to have lived forever. In fact being born causes a 100% certainty of death. Australia need to address this atrocity (and the mayor of New York City).

You know what attributes to the rise of allergies and weaker immune systems in the new children of Australia these days? Drivel like this. It's not good for a child to live in a completely clean and pristine environment. Over protectiveness and stupidity in full force.

Everyone has their "precious" child over here. Little do they know, that they're doing more harm than good.

The mentality of some Politicians and Civil Servants is beyond belief. I sometimes think that none of them had childhoods.

-

just by looking at politicians, you can tell that they were the kind of stuck-up little kids who used to get bullied at school, and only got into politics as a way of getting their own back....