Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German cities plead with uk over romanian

ali smack

It would be cheaper int eh long run to help them sort their country out themselves.

Those who come here do not come for a better life, I have seen the Romanians here, they are thieves, SORRY, but it is true. please do not come back giving me the pc human rights brigade rubbish. Go to the centre of Paris, stand at Gard Du Nord and watch what the Romanians have been up to for years there! They have been banned from the entering the station, did it change them, no, they have just taught their children to do exactly the same thing, con, beg and steal.

• Like 1

Need to stop illegal immigration, it chokes a country down, they can cost a lot to tax payers. Need to stop giving citizenship just because you were born here too. I think at least one parent needs to be a citizen at time of birth. I know some will think that's harsh but this world is getting crowded. I would rather that we helped them out in their own country.

• Like 1

It would be cheaper int eh long run to help them sort their country out themselves.

Those who come here do not come for a better life, I have seen the Romanians here, they are thieves, SORRY, but it is true. please do not come back giving me the pc human rights brigade rubbish. Go to the centre of Paris, stand at Gard Du Nord and watch what the Romanians have been up to for years there! They have been banned from the entering the station, did it change them, no, they have just taught their children to do exactly the same thing, con, beg and steal.

I have been warning of this for some time now. In Spain thet Romanians (particularly) have been a real blight. It started with the Criminal Gangs coming over first, then sending for their cohorts in crime (with their families), they really do teach their children to steal and mug and contribute nothing to Spanieh Society. They are parasitic on the Welfare Services, an a huge drain on resources.

• Like 1

Need to stop illegal immigration, it chokes a country down, they can cost a lot to tax payers. Need to stop giving citizenship just because you were born here too. I think at least one parent needs to be a citizen at time of birth. I know some will think that's harsh but this world is getting crowded. I would rather that we helped them out in their own country.

It's not illegal immigration, as Romania and Bulgaria are parts of the EU.

Now the people moving are mostly Roma and Sinti, who are being very much discriminated in their respective countries, and thus I can understand them looking for a way out. The problem is, none of them has a proper qualification for doing any job, and are also often persuing criminal activities. Not all of them, though, and some are being forced into this.

Two or three years ago, a large Roma family moved to Berlin and settled in a local park. With a few tents, and some of them even sleeping in the open. I frequently visit that this park, and once got into a conversation with the head of the family who told me they were being kicked around all the time in Romania, were not allowed to get any proper work, and landlords would never allow them to rent any of their places. The only chances he would have had were to sell his pretty daughters and grand children into prostitution, probably even the boys, and to "turn the rest of them into beggars" (I am sure there is no explanation needed on what that means). By moving to Germany, he thought, everything would turn for the better immediatly: Jobs would be available to them, they would receive proper housing, and can thus start a well respected life. While I do understand his motivations, I was shocked by his naïveté. The last thing countries like the UK or Germany need is unqualified workers. The story what happened to them is quite interesting as well, but I will leave it for now.

I believe it is up to us to give them a place in society, as they have been rejected forever and will definitely not be accepted in their "home countries". How, you might ask? Well, right now I do not have a clue, but I am sure something could be worked out, if enough energy would be put into this subject.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...e#axzz2K84iNLpR

German cities are pleading with uk over romanian and bulgarian immigrants.

looks like they have the same problems we have lol

Every country in Europe has the same problems.

Instead of pleading with the harassed countries they should plead with the countries they are coming from...there's a reason why they go to other places to get what they want and what societies tells them they should have.

It's not illegal immigration, as Romania and Bulgaria are parts of the EU.

Now the people moving are mostly Roma and Sinti, who are being very much discriminated in their respective countries, and thus I can understand them looking for a way out. The problem is, none of them has a proper qualification for doing any job, and are also often persuing criminal activities. Not all of them, though, and some are being forced into this.

Two or three years ago, a large Roma family moved to Berlin and settled in a local park. With a few tents, and some of them even sleeping in the open. I frequently visit that this park, and once got into a conversation with the head of the family who told me they were being kicked around all the time in Romania, were not allowed to get any proper work, and landlords would never allow them to rent any of their places. The only chances he would have had were to sell his pretty daughters and grand children into prostitution, probably even the boys, and to "turn the rest of them into beggars" (I am sure there is no explanation needed on what that means). By moving to Germany, he thought, everything would turn for the better immediatly: Jobs would be available to them, they would receive proper housing, and can thus start a well respected life. While I do understand his motivations, I was shocked by his naïveté. The last thing countries like the UK or Germany need is unqualified workers. The story what happened to them is quite interesting as well, but I will leave it for now.

I believe it is up to us to give them a place in society, as they have been rejected forever and will definitely not be accepted in their "home countries". How, you might ask? Well, right now I do not have a clue, but I am sure something could be worked out, if enough energy would be put into this subject.

Romanians or Bulgarians aren't automatically Roma's ... and vice versa.

Perhaps Rumania and Bulgaria should use some of the huge Infrastructure Funds it has received from the EU to build housing in their own countries to house their own people.

It is not for the rest of the EU to stretch their own individual housing budgets to build Social Housing for them. Each nation in the EU is already hard pressed to meet their indiginous needs.

• Like 1

Romanians or Bulgarians aren't automatically Roma's ... and vice versa.

That is just what I said.

Perhaps Rumania and Bulgaria should use some of the huge Infrastructure Funds it has received from the EU to build housing in their own countries to house their own people.

It is not for the rest of the EU to stretch their own individual housing budgets to build Social Housing for them. Each nation in the EU is already hard pressed to meet their indiginous needs.

I did not mean giving them social housing. It was more about giving them a real opportunity, and not pushing them away like everybody else. It is their right to move, and I feel that we do have at least some responsibility for them because of that.

What do you mean NOW? Have you seen the Romanians in Paris, they have been doing it for years. Please do not give them an excuse just because they have a poor education, turning to criminal activities and teaching the next generations is not the answer. They chose this way of life!

NONE of them are being forced into it, it has been going on for years and their children are now doing what their parents have taught them. They like this way of life, so please do not say its because of poor education.

quote by keithisco:

"Perhaps Rumania and Bulgaria should use some of the huge Infrastructure Funds it has received from the EU to build housing in their own countries to house their own people."

here you go, its not as if they have not had help!!!

Need to stop all immigration.

How are the foreigners in our countries citizens when the government had to violate the peoples democracy to get them here in the first place?

The problem is, we have been giving aid to many of these countries for a lot of years now, and yet so many are still coming here. Those coming here are not people who are in real need of aid, because those in real need can not afford to come here. What we are getting today are people who`s own country does not even want them.

This does NOT include those who are genuinely coming here to study. We go to other countries to study too, so there is nothing wrong with that.

People who come here and still breed like they did back home should not be allowed to stay, it should be made quite clear, if you have not put into the system then do not expect anything out of it....we are at fault for allowing this to have escalated to a point where we are now the laughing stock of the world....when I say we, I mean the lefty do gooders who were blind by the obvious of what would happen.

What do you mean NOW? Have you seen the Romanians in Paris, they have been doing it for years. Please do not give them an excuse just because they have a poor education, turning to criminal activities and teaching the next generations is not the answer. They chose this way of life!

NONE of them are being forced into it, it has been going on for years and their children are now doing what their parents have taught them. They like this way of life, so please do not say its because of poor education.

quote by keithisco:

"Perhaps Rumania and Bulgaria should use some of the huge Infrastructure Funds it has received from the EU to build housing in their own countries to house their own people."

here you go, its not as if they have not had help!!!

English is not my first language, cut the now.

How can you say ALL Roma (which I am talking about, not Romanians in general, who for sure are not all criminals as well, not even close) are criminals? Some are, some are not. And yes, some are forced into this lifestyle, as they have no other choiced because of always being pushed away, or different reasons (like being sold into prostitution, or even being sold to crime syndicates). Also, people become criminals for plenty of reasons, poor education is only one of those (it's not only 'poor' education, more like 'no' education, which is indeed a huge problem), and some do not like this kind of lifestyle, but they chose it as a last resort.

I am also not excusing them, I simply listed reasons. Change that, and you will have a different outcome. It will take lots of hard work, but it is possible.

I have met Roma in my Uni, who actively tried escaping these structures. Very decent people, I might say.

Yes, I have seen them in Paris. I guess you are referring to those in the metro and on the big squares. Are they representatives for all Romanians? Clearly not. They are the worst kind, and should be treated like all other criminals.

As for your second part: No, they did not receive help, since their respective countries do not care for them AT ALL. They push them into obscurity, and are now glad their self inflicted problems move elsewhere. We are talking here about whole ethnic groups who have been outlawed for centuries. They were accused of witchcraft, stealing babies, and many other things, only because they are different to "normal" Europeans. You should be glad this has not happened to your ethnic group.

Again, I do not support or excuse any kind of criminal lifestyle, but I always try to look for the reasons, as they are what causes a problem.

• Like 3

I doubt our government will listen. They'll still allow hundreds of thousands of them into Britain.

i'm not sure what our country has got to do with germany, romania or bulgaria?

I certainly do. But i'm not sure how we can help out with romanians in germany

I certainly do. But i'm not sure how we can help out with romanians in germany

I haven't read anything about Germany asking the UK for help. The article simply states the same problems arise everywhere in the EU around poverty migration.

The sad thing is that sooner or later world economy is gonna be doomed. People migrate to richer countries until they are drained from there money hence people from that region will migrate somewhere else. Good example is spain and portugal. Just a few years back they were part of the “richer“ countries and now look at them.

One thing that makes me quite upset though is that a lot (Im not saying all of them) but a lot go somewhere and expect to be greated with open arms and most important with money without giving anything in return. Now there is a good reason for social security which is good in the EU compared to other countries that dont have it at all but what makes me sick are those that even dare to protest against the money that is given to them like a present as there is nothing coming from them in return and there are a lot who ask for more and go onto the streets to protest for it. Good will should have its limits and they get something that they would never get where they are coming from but dare to ask for even more. I am originally from a small town in germany and we have one of the nations highest immigrant ratios after major cities like berlin and frankfurt but a population of only about 25.000. I am not racist or anything. Some of my best friends are kurdish but I see how they live and compare it to my own family and see the difference. They have 11 children so far and I bet more coming. There house is huge and they have no problem to pay for several weeks vacation in turkey for the entire family even though none of the parents work. My parents are both hard workers and cannot offer luxeries like this. As long as people pay for luxury of others people will.exploye it unfortunately but what happens when one side demands to much or there are too many demanding than giving?

• Like 1

but what happens when one side demands to much or there are too many demanding than giving?

Well i guess the answer to that question is what is happening right now. Countries are waking up to this and getting stricter...the sentiment is shifting, you can hear it in the media as well. Not too long ago poverty migration was treated more as an opportunity to help and blablabla .. but now more reports are coming out saying the poverty migration PROBLEM.

We're living in times of crisis, and what always happens then? Ppl turn against each other and look for someone to blame and become real hard on them. Migration has always been an easy target, and especially now because it has gone overboard and suddenly everybody realises the money is running out if they keep giving it to everyone that comes along. And ppl themselves aren't that afraid anymore to say "i and my family comes first" .. not too long ago ppl would say that's racist and extreme-right to say. But now, in times of crisis, it's only natural you want to safeguard yourself and your own country first.

Edited by Render

Well I have no issue at all for qualified migrants to go somewhere when there only purpose is to work and give something back to society. I also have no issues with any migrante who seeks a better life you are welcome to do so and I think we as society are obliged to help them settle here. However I do have an issue if that help is being requested long term or if they even ask for more money than they already get without anything in return. Politics should seriously consider putting time limits for social security for both migrants AND nationals equally so they are forced to educate themselfs and able to finance their own lives. Especially in countries where high education is available for everybody. Dont even get me started on those who are provided with a job offer no matter how ludacris it is and than refuse to do it...

• Like 1

Well I have no issue at all for qualified migrants to go somewhere when there only purpose is to work and give something back to society. I also have no issues with any migrante who seeks a better life you are welcome to do so and I think we as society are obliged to help them settle here. However I do have an issue if that help is being requested long term or if they even ask for more money than they already get without anything in return. Politics should seriously consider putting time limits for social security for both migrants AND nationals equally so they are forced to educate themselfs and able to finance their own lives. Especially in countries where high education is available for everybody. Dont even get me started on those who are provided with a job offer no matter how ludacris it is and than refuse to do it...

Yeah, i think most ppl have this standpoint. And the time limits are already in the minds of many politicians. Also the qualifications to get naturalisation will become stricter.

I've heard voices out of several countries mentioned migration policies of the likes of Canada and Australia. And i think we all know how strict they are. And this isn't coming from strictly "extreme-right" politicians anymore.

Edited by Render

The British Gov't does not listen to the wishes of the British Joe Public,they are too busy sniping at each other to maintain their status quo,as Ministers,and maintain their own lifestyles,to worry about whats happening in the back streets of any U.K city.We already have 5 U.K cities where foreign immigrants out number British citizens,(people born here with British ancestry),not the guys who came in 3 Banana boats ago,and claim to be British.Walk down any street in Le******r, and wont wont hear many passers by speaking English,The Dam was breached after the War and hasnt been repaired, nor is it likely to be, when we have to go to Brussels to obtain permission to F**t...So now apart from the usual crowd in from Far East countries we now have to contend with the Flotsam from Europe on Jan 1st 2014 ,as they are gleefully passed over to us from France via in bound transport.

• Like 1