Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Californians are currently being disarmed!

Uncle Sam

Watch AC360 on CNN tonight - they're going to have coverage of California's gun raids....maybe Anderson will there narrating.

What a bunch of brain dead gun laws. Anything over a 10-round magazine is a felony? Really? These bureaucrats and their arbitrary lines they draw up for everyone else need to sit down and get a load of themselves.

Watch AC360 on CNN tonight - they're going to have coverage of California's gun raids....maybe Anderson will there narrating.

What a bunch of brain dead gun laws. Anything over a 10-round magazine is a felony? Really? These bureaucrats and their arbitrary lines they draw up for everyone else need to sit down and get a load of themselves.

Thanks for finding some more information about the California's gun raids, I am trying to give information on this subject, but it is hard when it just started!

i'm pretty sure even if you posted a video, there will still be ppl here denying what they see, and interpret it their, opposite way, lol.

they took guns during Katrina, the time where ppl really needed them, and some here still try to convince us they are not after all our guns.

• Like 2

Who said they didn't have warrants?

They cite the patriot act now,and don't even bother with warrants . Their still allegedly completely legal citing the patriot act,despite no terrorists being involved .

• Like 1

You can see how upset most of the citizens are, their response to this mass confiscating and bursting into their homes. Then look at the Liberal Media, the way they are portraying this.

if the guns were illegal, and not registered how do they know where to go?

Exactly, If these people were truely criminals, how would the police know they had "assault weapons" (BTW what weapons are non-assault weapons?)

Exactly, If these people were truely criminals, how would the police know they had "assault weapons" (BTW what weapons are non-assault weapons?)

AR-15 isn't a assault rifle, it is a glorified hunting rifle that shoots 22 rounds. AR-15 isn't even in the class of assault rifle. Just because it got AR on the name, they think it is a Assault Rifle, which is funny due to the ignorance of the Politicians.

How do they know which homes have the AR 15s,if its illegal ?

Illegal AR 15s would be off the grid and not registered.

If multiple homes have these guns illegally,how can police know which ones ?

I'm looking at a gun forum post ,and its saying there are legal AR 15s in Cali . Why I do not know .

Another link has seizure of AR 15s in a bust not a gun bust .

Are you sure you didnt see an old news clip of that,and not a mass seizure of guns for no reason ?

It would appear that they're people on California's armed prohibited person list - people who have previously been ordered to hand their guns in due to being convicted Felons or becoming Mentally Ill since originally buying their guns, but have failed to do so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/us/06guns.html?pagewanted=all

Edited by Tiggs

so if you have not registered it, they wont know and wont come after it, why would ppl register guns than?

Edited by aztek

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-illegal-guns/

Things are getting extremely tense in California... If they can get away with this, what makes you think they are going to stop there? It is a overwhelming liberal state, so they are heading in the direction of complete disarment.

Edited by Uncle Sam

It would appear that they're people on California's armed prohibited person list - people who have previously been ordered to hand their guns in due to being convicted Felons or becoming Mentally Ill since originally buying their guns, but have failed to do so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/us/06guns.html?pagewanted=all

That makes more sense then.

When my uncle died. He had lived with us in an apartment upstairs .

This is 1990 mind you . He had registered guns .

I'm not sure how long after he died this occured,as I was at work ,and my mom was retired ,cops came knocking on the door,and wanted his guns.

When its noted that an owner of registered guns has died ,the police come collect them .That actually seems wrong to me somehow,given his,estate should be able to sell them ,but the police don't agree ,and you're not monetarily compensated .

I wonder if they go to south central, to remove guns from gangs, there are plenty of armed felons. I think not, and those gangsters will still have their guns, still do shootings and drive by. but will se in few months if CA became safer, but i'm pretty sure we will see things turn 180*

• Like 2

Some people reporting that their guns are being reported stolen by police, forcing them to give up their guns on Twitter.

AR-15 isn't a assault rifle, it is a glorified hunting rifle that shoots 22 rounds. AR-15 isn't even in the class of assault rifle. Just because it got AR on the name, they think it is a Assault Rifle, which is funny due to the ignorance of the Politicians.

It shoots the same rounds as the military fires in their M16s.

There's a vast difference between whats called a .22 round and the .223 that an AR15 fires.

You can see how upset most of the citizens are, their response to this mass confiscating and bursting into their homes.

Perhaps its because people keep jumping to conclusions and starting rumors that California is confiscating everyones guns.

In fact, if you look at this video http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140513nm (assuming the link works), the confiscations are hardly as aggressive as I had assumed you meant from your other posts.

Tell me, are people really against taking away guns from felons and the mentally ill? If not, then why is it an issue that the police are doing their job and removing the guns?

I wonder if they go to south central, to remove guns from gangs, there are plenty of armed felons. I think not, and those gangsters will still have their guns, still do shootings and drive by. but will se in few months if CA became safer, but i'm pretty sure we will see things turn 180*

For crying out loud! They're taking the guns away from felons.

*snip* Stellar this is serious.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed flame bait- AsteroidX do not edit a quote after a mod edit to attempt to make yourself look better.

This is the thing. They will have a hell of a time disarming gangs,all over the USA .

It shoots the same rounds as the military fires in their M16s.

There's a vast difference between whats called a .22 round and the .223 that an AR15 fires.

Perhaps its because people keep jumping to conclusions and starting rumors that California is confiscating everyones guns.

In fact, if you look at this video http://www.cbsnews.c.../?id=50140513nm (assuming the link works), the confiscations are hardly as aggressive as I had assumed you meant from your other posts.

Tell me, are people really against taking away guns from felons and the mentally ill? If not, then why is it an issue that the police are doing their job and removing the guns?

It is not the fact that they are taking away the guns from felons and mental ill, but they are bursting into their homes to take away the guns. Some people are having their guns reported stolen by the police, then the police barge in taking their guns. Another instance is that a citizen who has a guns from his grandparents, the police come and confiscate the guns even though it been in their family. This is happening in multiple instances being reported on twitter, it is not just the felons and mentally ill who are having their guns taken away. It is a multi-prong operation that covers a wide variety.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

For crying out loud! They're taking the guns away from felons.

So they ssaaayyyy ......but this would be a perfect way to get guns,that aren't illegal ,and lose them in red tape while legal owners protest they've been wronged....

What ,police and media don't lie ?

• Like 1

*snip* Stellar this is serious.

Whats serious? That they're taking guns away from felons who shouldnt have them and the mentally ill? The same thing they've been doing for years? How is this "serious"

Until someone shows me that a lawful gun owner's home was broken into and their guns taken as part of this, or until someone shows me that they're forcefully disarming the entire population, I'll be here pointing out how everyone's (yet again) jumping to conclusions and crying wolf.

You want guns out of the hands of the criminals, yet people freak out when guns are taken out of the hands of criminals. How the hell is there supposed to be any worthwhile discussion when people keep freaking out just for the sake of freaking out?

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed flame bait from quote

This might be it.

Tense moments as California agents confiscate illegal guns

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57568069/tense-moments-as-california-agents-confiscate-illegal-guns/