Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Final Tune

jjphere

This is something that has happened in my wife's family for many years. We don't know for sure how

long but as long as can be remembered by those still living.

My wife tells of how after her elderly gradfather was taken to the hospital... strange music was heard in

his family home. It was in a very rural area. They searched for a cause, a car with the radio on or someone playing a musical

instrument. Nothing. Later they learned that he had died at the hosptial that day. This has happened also

to five other family members since that time, at least. When her father passed away about fifteen years ago, his

other daughter reported that the "music" was heard again just after his death. No known cause.

Only seems to happen to close blood relatives.

Why? By whom? Will this continue?

Edited by jjphere

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• JesseCuster

• TheLastLazyGun

• Moogie

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt there also a video tape,... that after you watched it the phone started ringing?

PHANTOM music has been reported many times in the past.

In the 1970s, in a 1960s office block called Wilberforce House (now a luxury apartment block called Beetham Plaza), in Liverpool city centre, several clerks reported hearing the eerie piping tunes of a phantom flautist which drove some office workers to distraction.

The mystery deepened when a cleaner at the offices collapsed after allegedly encountering the source of the weird pipe music.

http://icseftonandwe....dex.cfm?page=5

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length

I have heard music like that. My husband's mother was very ill in the local hospital, and most of the family had gathered by her side. She remained unconscious for a long time, days in fact, with laboured breathing. We finally got very tired and went home to lie down for a while. While lying there, my hubby went to sleep but I couldn't. Suddenly, I began to hear, very clearly, a light sweet sound of music, sounded like a choir in harmony, rather like a long chanting sound. I woke hubby up and said "hey, we need to get to the hospital right away, I just heard choir music of some kind!" We rushed back to the hospital, and within a few minutes, his mother passed with her family by her side. Don't know why I was the one chosen to hear it, but it was there.

In order to have positively identified that the same music (or was it the same music, the story isn't clear on this point) was heard on each occasion, it must be known what the music was in each case. What song was actually heard and what form did it take - piano, voice, guitar, unknown instrument, combo of sounds, etc?

It's hard to form an opinion given such vague detail. What common identity allows you to clarify it as "the music" from each case, or is "music" the only common identifier and the sound heard had no other common theme?

Edited by Archimedes