Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd Ability May Predict Healthy Body Image

Insanity

Listening to your heart may help people feel better in their own skin, new research suggests.

People who are better able to hear their hearts beat are less likely to objectify themselves, or view themselves as objects to be evaluated by looks, according to a study published online today (Feb. 6) in the journal PLOS ONE.

http://www.livescience.com/26915-feeling-heartbeat-protects-self-objectification.html

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Annabella

• stevemagegod

• gnostic-deity

• Insanity

whatever, ot: i dont like hearing my heartbeat, it kinda freaks me out. reminds me how one day it will stop, and im not ready to ponder that thought fully, yet.

• Like 1

whatever, ot: i dont like hearing my heartbeat, it kinda freaks me out. reminds me how one day it will stop, and im not ready to ponder that thought fully, yet.

I'm with you on that. If I heard it skipping a beat or two I reckon it would be panic-attack time.

• Like 1

I am a little confused . I thought we all heard our own heart beat all the time . I know I do . Its rather annoying at times . I thought it was just something we got used to hearing so we did not really pay to much attention to it . I have always gotten a lot of ear infections in the past , I always hear my heart beating , Fast to slow . When I was a kid I used to hold my breath because my heart beat would change ... Again maybe I am just someone that can't stop hearing it 24/7

• Like 1

I am a little confused . I thought we all heard our own heart beat all the time . I know I do . Its rather annoying at times . I thought it was just something we got used to hearing so we did not really pay to much attention to it . I have always gotten a lot of ear infections in the past , I always hear my heart beating , Fast to slow . When I was a kid I used to hold my breath because my heart beat would change ... Again maybe I am just someone that can't stop hearing it 24/7

your conscious an aware. =P its natural when someone has a common sense for the health of there bodys.

It is an interesting topic , because I thought it was common among us all . Well now I know . lol . I am health oriented , I try to use herbs and other methods of healing myself and children other then pills . Definitely a good read !

I could probably hear my heartbeat if i could just get the voices in my head to shut up for 5 minutes!

• Like 1