Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USS Hornet EVPs

_Only

Last Saturday I went to an all day paranormal conference aboard the USS Hornet docked in Alameda. It was a fundraising event to raise money to pay for lower income elementary schools to be able to come visit the Hornet on field trips. 100% of the profits went to that fund, which was cool.

But anyway, besides the usual conference deal with lectures and guest speakers in the field (Fact or Faked's Bill Murphy and Ghost Hunters International's Paul Bradford, among others), after dinner we all split into smaller groups to do our own paranormal investigations of the Hornet, a ship known for its history in World War 2, the Vietnam War, and also NASA Apollo moon mission retrievals of the astronauts.

This video is made from a recording taken on our first stop on our group's 'investigation', the barber shop. I thought it was very cool to get what I got on there, but I'll leave it up to you to decide if there is even anything worth getting excited over. Keep in mind that this was a very tiny room with about 8 of us packed together into it, elbow to elbow against the walls. Any sound made by any of us (senses heightened by the pitch black darkness also) was easily heard by everyone else. None of us heard the text in blue on the video at the time of my recording it.

Make of it what you will, but all I know is that it was a blast to get to do something like that (I can check 'night time paranormal investigation in a World War 2 ship' off of my bucket list), and it was also a lot of fun editing the recording in Audacity (I learned how to do noise reducing), and making the video.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Esoteric Toad

• coolguy

• Antilles

Hmm, was hoping for at least one reply at least halfway confirming that there was at least some sort of sound resembling something somewhere in the video.

Maybe I'm just nuts.

Just my opinion but EVP's are way too prone to be misinterpreted. Too many people in an environment that you cannot control. Who knows where any sound comes from? As long as there is more than one person anywhere near the recorder there is a risk of intentional or unintentional manipulation. If I were into this (and I had the time) I would use two identical recorders and at least one analog recorders. If you only pick something up on one then you have to disregard it. Also the evp should never be presented with any description to remove the 'planting' of what the person who recorded thinks it says. Whenever I have heard them I rarely hear anything that makes sense then someone will describe what they hear and then it is all I hear. That is the brain trying to make order out of chaos. JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to putting something together of the only 2 other recordings of interest of many hits of the record button that night.

[media=]

[/media]

I made a point to not give any written words to what the second one might be possibly saying, as I am not sure myself. But I hear something being whispered. And we all were standing there, ears at the ready for the slightest noise at that moment, yet all heard nothing. But the recording says otherwise.

Edited by _Only

First of all, lucky you to get to do an EVP session on such a jamming aircraft carrier!

I'm pretty sceptical about EVP's I hear on tv spook shows - I think they're all dodgy. But I'll take at face value that what you've presented here is authentic and real recordings.

I have no idea what other ambient noises may have been made on the ship at the time but certainly, in the 1st EVP, there does sound something like a voice.

Thanks for posting. Interesting. Do you have any idea of who or what was talking?