Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are male homosexuals so talented

Frank Merton

I don't think gays either contribute to or solve any population problems. The rest of the population is capable of having all the babies the world needs and then some.

By the way, people who talk about gays having mental problems are best not responded to, in my opinion.

• Like 1

OK smart *** do you realise without gay couples we would also have more of a problem with over population... Now that could be evolution... Where as what you are trying to imply with your crazy theories is not.

naw gay ppl doesn help keep the population stable

I don't think gays either contribute to or solve any population problems. The rest of the population is capable of having all the babies the world needs and then some.

By the way, people who talk about gays having mental problems are best not responded to, in my opinion.

this is correct i said if we were all gay it wouldnt be no you and me. so would a species of animal produce gay offsprings thats the total opposite of the point life and evolution

why would humans evolve to have gay offsprings?

and being gay isnt the mental disorder its the sexual act gay ppl do thats the mental disorder. if you think sticking your penis in holes it dont belong is normal yes that a mental disorder

if you are a man and you think you are a female yes that is a menal disorder.

two men loving each other companionship with now sexual act and both understand they are men not women

thats not a mental disorder

but thats not whats going on

i also find it funny that gays says

"you cant hate me because of my sexual preference" but than turn around and say"i was born gay i didnt prefer to be gay"

whch one is it ...is it a sexual preference or was you born being gay

jus proves my point

being gay falls down to enviroment and our society

aome ppl like taboo sex

and gay sex is what is taboo

i put gay sex and beastility in the same boat

the both taboo sex

Edited by MR.Blueprint

So you are a facist?

Sounds about right.

• Like 2

While I agree that there are many talented gay artists, writers, poets, actresses, and singers, I don't think, as a group, that homosexuals are more talented then heterosexuals. Freddie Mercury was a GREAT singer, Elton John, and even the famous Lord Byron was said to be bisexual.

But, there are a lot of famous actors, actresses, writers, poets, and painters who were heterosexual.

Mary Shelley, the Bronte Sisters, Jane Austen, John Wayne, Dustin Hoffman, Ernest Hemingway, Louis Stevenson...

I think to say that one group is more talented than another group, is a little bigoted, truth be told. There are talented people in BOTH groups. And it's not like you can measure "talent" against someone else's "talent", either. And if you want to compare lists of talented artists, writers, poets, and singers who are homosexual vs. heterosexual artists, and writers, you can also compare lists of homosexual serial killers vs. heterosexual serial killers. You see where I am going with this? Just as there are talented gays, there are also some who are sick serial killers, as well. But, there are heterosexual as well, who are serial killers, too. Too say ANY one group is more talented OR sick and depraved (or one group is more mentally ill than the other) is bigoted. But, that's my two cents....

To be fair all the gay men i know are really good singers. Must be something in their genes. IDK.

Apparently there are many gay athletes who are worried about coming out for fear of being ostracized. I imagine construction workers or loggers or fishermen might feel the same way as these are considered "manly" jobs. Gays seem to be more accepted in artistic circles so I think it is more that we see more openly gay artists, not that there are really more of them.

• Like 1

and gay ppl have a mental problem

being gay is an mental disorder

being confused bout urgender and how to repoduce can only be explained as being a mental disorder..

so the ppl u think are "talented gay ppl"

are talenetd straight ppl with a mental disorder

wow. You're living in the past.

To be raised where heterosexuality is the norm but being something that is not the norm and moreover concidered degrading, sinful, etc, may make one want to somehow conform to what is considered normal and at the same time retain what who he/she is. Maybe that's why even to many homosexuals a relationship has to be feminine/woman-masculine/man even if both parties are females/males. Gender stereotypes in intimate relationships.

what talents do you talk of?

most gay ppl areppl who have mixed ethnical genetics that what might confusing you

but overall gay ppl are not anymore talented than non gays

gay ppl jus have "gay jobs"

like a male hair dresser

its jus not many straight men who become hair dresser because its a "gay job"

%90 chance that a gay male will be hired or even pursue that career before a straight male as a hairdresser

gay ppl are not more talented

and gay ppl have a mental problem

being gay is an mental disorder

being confused bout urgender and how to repoduce can only be explained as being a mental disorder..

so the ppl u think are "talented gay ppl"

are talenetd straight ppl with a mental disorder

Seems a shame that Mr. Right Wing appears to no longer be with us; I think that you might get on.

:unsure2:

This is my first stab at starting a theme, and I'm sticking my neck out. Still, it is something I've noticed. Not all homosexuals I'm sure are artists, and I don't know enough of them to have any idea, but it sure seems to me that they loom large in the arts -- acting, dancing, decorating, writing, fashion, design, even hairdressing. Homosexuals compose maybe two percent of the population (if you include people who've had some such experience then maybe ten percent) but they are at least a third to half of these artistic areas. I travel a lot and this applies around the world -- not just in the West but certainly in Asia too.

Is this true or an illusion? If true, why?

Well I don't think the amount of gay people involved in the arts is as high as you seem to think. However, I would tend to agree that homosexuals find more success in the arts. The main reason is that artists by nature are contrary to the rest of society, so a flamboyantly gay man like Liberace or Andy Warhol (I like rocking it 60s style) is more easily embraced by the artistic community so those artists don't need to worry about keeping up appearances, which allows them to concentrate on their craft. As far as actors go, the Rock Hudsons and Robert Reeds had success because as far as they were concerned, their public faces were just another character so it was a chance for them to practice their craft, and you did have exceptions to the rule like Paul Lynde and Jim Neighbors who were so gay they made an Easter basket look boring in comparison, but they never carried roles of significant weight or importance, so middle America just looked at them as odd curiosities that was freeing in its own right for an artist.

• Like 1

You know, you start out denying my point and then go ahead to provide evidence for it.

haven't read thru the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned previously....but gay men appear to achieve more for the same reason that they have vastly more spending power - a lack of women and children.

on the surface a slightly chauvanistic statement....but think about it.

And maybe a lot more free time.

yes.

less stress.

in short more chance to live up to personal 'potential'.

but then all we're really here for is procreation anyway so the definition of 'talent' needs inspection in this context....

Edited by dekker87

Well we are not all here to procreate, and a lot of those who do shouldn't.

If that were all we were here for I would have killed myself when my wife and I found out we couldn't have children. Instead we adopted. Not quite procreating but close. Now that even that is passed I'm still here, although at this point I'd be hard pressed to say why.

It is nowadays politically incorrect to suggest that male homosexuals often or even usually have a stronger feminine element in them than do most men and female homosexuals have a stronger male element in them than most women, but I think objectively this is pretty obvious. I don't, however, think there is anything wrong in this. In fact I think it may be a large net positive for society when people are free to be whoever and whatever they are.

It's not just politically incorrect, it is incorrect. Yes. there are gays who have strong female side, just like there are heteros who have a strong female side. What about gay rugby players. Would you say they generally have a stronger female side than the male players? Also, would you say that lesbians have a stronger male element than hetero women? And why would that be obvious? Probably because these "types" of homosexuals are easy to spot, while the rest is blending in perfectly without you even taking notice.

The homosexual rugby player. Well, I dunno; and I doubt we could prove the issue one way or the other. With things as they are the needed studies would be hard to carry out in a way free of cultural and ideological distortion.

I know that there exists a gay sub-culture of guys who emphasize their masculinity, wearing leather and riding motorcycles and all. Will that do?

I don't think we need studies to confirm this. Gays are very diverse, just like all people. To say they are "obviously" more female is a misconception, and probably due to the fact that you won't spot the other gays. If you ever come to Berlin, we can go grab a couple of pints with my gay friend at a gay bar (and yes, us heteros are allowed to enter). You could see for yourself, then. :)

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with femininity and we all have feminine aspects in our nature. This is what I think makes the subject so hard to pin down.

There is a young man in our neighborhood who does faces for models and movies -- both the men and the women -- and I know he is gay, because a few days ago we talked about it. You would never say he was gay to look at him or his clothes or his mannerisms, and I found out he has a monogamous partnership. He is also a genius, inventing new looks for movie monsters and a certain "Korean" fashion look that is now very popular here.

Where does this talent come from except from what we might identify as something that is associated with being gay -- it is a talent that is far more common in women than in men.

I also have a suspicion that there is pressure among gays nowadays to not appear gay, for political reasons. I hope that isn't what is going on -- people should be what they are.

I usually don't like splitting up posts, but I do it for clarity now.

There is nothing wrong with femininity and we all have feminine aspects in our nature. This is what I think makes the subject so hard to pin down.

That is kind of what I wanted to say. We all, men and women, have both male and feminine sides, and there is of course nothing wrong with that. Same goes for hormones, and we can measure that. But if you are a boy with a stronger female side, that doesn't make you gay. It's different from person to person, regardless of their sexuality.

There is a young man in our neighborhood who does faces for models and movies -- both the men and the women -- and I know he is gay, because a few days ago we talked about it. You would never say he was gay to look at him or his clothes or his mannerisms, and I found out he has a monogamous partnership. He is also a genius, inventing new looks for movie monsters and a certain "Korean" fashion look that is now very popular here.

It's everywhere, trust me! :D

Where does this talent come from except from what we might identify as something that is associated with being gay -- it is a talent that is far more common in women than in men.

Is it really? I know plenty of male and hetero artists. Sculptors, for example, with one guy designing dolls. He is straight as an arrow. And lots of men have some kind of modeling as a hobby.

I also have a suspicion that there is pressure among gays nowadays to not appear gay, for political reasons. I hope that isn't what is going on -- people should be what they are.

While I think it is the other way round: People seem to care less and less if someone is gay or not. For instance, the current foreign minister of Germany is gay, as well as the mayor of Berlin.

In the end, this all comes down to stereotypes, which are more often untrue than true. Do all gays like musicals? Do all straight guys like big boobs? Are all lesbians "Butch"? These are all personal preferences; it comes down to a person's character, and that usually does not have anything to do with one's sexuality, while there are of course some people, who mainly define themselves over their sexuality, like the "flamboyant gay guy" and your typical "macho straight guy".

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

It's a bit different in England :P I've heard of people turned away because they didn't "look" gay enough. Though in saying that, I've been in a gay bar before and went on to pull a lady... now that's talent!

Never heard of something like that, sounds pretty stupid. But maybe they were aiming at a very flamboyant clientele.

As for the second part, I used to do that all the time. :tu: Works great! The girls are a lot more relaxed in an environment where they do not feel like prey.

I agree that not all gays are feminine and whatnot, just that was my observation at college that a lot of gay people go on to study subjects we might consider "girly" like arts and hairdressing. But there could be just as many studying construction, they just don't follow the stereotype, nor are they easy to identify immediately as gay.

Who knows, maybe they are metrosexuals? :w00t:

You know, you start out denying my point and then go ahead to provide evidence for it.

The point of yours that I am denying is that the percentage of the gay population, you are claiming upwards of 50% are involved in the arts in some way. That is the statistic I am denying on an anecdotal basis because of the GBLT friends that I do have, not a working artist in the group. What I was doing was providing a what I believe to be a basis why the GBLT that choose to pursue acting, writing, art, music seem to find more of a "mainstream" success.