Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

OverSword

He sure looks an awful lot like LL Cool J.

christoph-dorner-manhunt.jpgLL-Cool-J-16450351-1-402.jpg

• Like 6

Would you please quote any post that said this was a set up? Just one...

"IF he did."

"Did not know this. If its true it sounds like a set up to create fear and less understanding for the "deranged murderer". I mean, if they have lied to the courts about this man, whats wrong with one more lie to support the status quo?"

"This would be the perfect time, for anyone that has a beef with a police officer or the department, to take revenge and the blame to be placed on him. The police would never even look for another suspect."

All this indicates that he did not do the killings. I have asked if he did not do it then who did.....no replies.

BUT as i have said, this does not mean there are no corrupt police within the LAPD, and I do hope that all the corrupt police are sort out and brought to trial...not shot by some deranged ex copper with a grudge.

Event started with someone matching his description stealing a car then getting in a shootout with cops killing one or two then holing up in the cabin.

The MO is a match but yeah Ive seen weirder coincidences.

The news just said they found his burnt wallet and driver license.. (BBC TV)

"IF he did."

"Did not know this. If its true it sounds like a set up to create fear and less understanding for the "deranged murderer". I mean, if they have lied to the courts about this man, whats wrong with one more lie to support the status quo?"

"This would be the perfect time, for anyone that has a beef with a police officer or the department, to take revenge and the blame to be placed on him. The police would never even look for another suspect."

All this indicates that he did not do the killings. I have asked if he did not do it then who did.....no replies.

BUT as i have said, this does not mean there are no corrupt police within the LAPD, and I do hope that all the corrupt police are sort out and brought to trial...not shot by some deranged ex copper with a grudge.

So, not taking the word of the press as gospel and expressing doubt are now considered defending? You do know what the word alleged means and why it is usually used when talking about a suspect?

My comment about it being a perfect time to kill a cop didn't have anything to do with Dorner. Like the people wondering if there is going to be a riot I was wondering if someone might take advantage of the situation.

You complain about people twisting your words, but you seem to be quite the contortionist yourself.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

Ill give that a 6.75 on actually using asymmetry.

• Like 1

I wonder if the LAPD will continue with the investigation of Dorners firing. They said they were doing it for transparency to the public, and because the public called for it. But now that Dorner very well might be dead I wonder how much they will continue with that.

• Like 2

why investigate a dead mans firing. Its not like they can hire him back.

I know the cops are scared... but that does not justify shooting first and asking questions later.... I feel for that guy and those women. They dont talk about his case or why they fired him..... I've lost jobs, no big deal. I wonder what went down to make this man snap.

• Like 1

Vigilante justice. He thought he had something (knew) the world needed to hear and thats how he told his story. For better or worse.

• Like 1

So, not taking the word of the press as gospel and expressing doubt are now considered defending? You do know what the word alleged means and why it is usually used when talking about a suspect?

My comment about it being a perfect time to kill a cop didn't have anything to do with Dorner. Like the people wondering if there is going to be a riot I was wondering if someone might take advantage of the situation.

You complain about people twisting your words, but you seem to be quite the contortionist yourself.

" The police would never even look for another suspect."

Look, we`ll agree to disagree on this, but at the end of the day there are corrupt police, and they need to be dealt with, but thats not an easy thing to prove overnight. I hope some in depth investigations comes out of all this and they are brought to trial with a fair jury.

But what he done was not the right way of going about things. It was always going to end in more tragedy. Its not much different from Roahl Moats incident here, but Moats was not a trained police man, his aim was to cause as much disruption as possible before he died. Similar to this cop.

What it does show is that all the training still does not make them any wiser, it just makes them even more dangerous if someone does something wrong against them. If every one took the same actions as Dorners or Moats because they had enough of society, then this kind of news would be on our t.vs everyday.

You have had the Sandy Hook incident, (which was much much worse) to me there is not too much difference in the mindset, both had a gripe with society and decided to take it out on innocent people.

Gripes can NEVER be justified for shooting innocent people..

Edited by freetoroam

You have to be one of the most nitpicky people in the world. :D

what would you think was meant by the term "burner?

It is not yet clear whether the fire was started from inside or by police officers who were firing bullets and tear gas canisters at the cabin.

In one audio clip purporting to be a police scanner conversation, a male voice can be heard saying: "All right, Steve, we're gonna go, er, we're gonna go forward with the plan, with, er, with the burn. We want it, er, like we talked about.

"Seven burners deployed and we have a fire."

It is unclear whether "the burn" refers to tear gas.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/la-manhunt-dorner-shootout-police-212549316.html

You have to be one of the most nitpicky people in the world. :D

See, we do have something in common. :passifier:

See, we do have something in common. :passifier:

I know...I spend hours a day on here explaining to people why they are wrong and I'm right. :innocent:

I heard that yes, burner means tear gas.

Thank you, I was wondering about that.

• Like 1

I know...I spend hours a day on here explaining to people why they are wrong and I'm right. :innocent:

Hours a day??

I can tell you in one post.

t9.gif

They usually show mug shots, but he has never been arrested.

What about the school shooters? What about the last three prominent mass murderers? They made Manson's photos look like candid shots from a high school yearbook. Dorner looks like a warm and fuzzy teddy bear.

What about the school shooters? What about the last three prominent mass murderers? They made Manson's photos look like candid shots from a high school yearbook. Dorner looks like a warm and fuzzy teddy bear.

Looks like they found a wallet with a drivers licience that wasn`t melted or burned and thats what they are using to confirm it was him. I have listened to the audio and watched the cabin burn. Go to liveleak to hear and see it yourself. I think it`s him but not sure 100 %

Manson was portrayed that way because he didn`t kill anyone himself. It was to demonize him. They can`t do that with a hero to some.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Looks like they found a wallet with a drivers licience that wasn`t melted or burned and thats what they are using to confirm it was him. I have listened to the audio and watched the cabin burn. Go to liveleak to hear and see it yourself. I think it`s him but not sure 100 %

Manson was portrayed that way because he didn`t kill anyone himself. It was to demonize him. They can`t do that with a hero to some.

I'm glad that they evidently stopped him. He was an evil and/or insane person. Still, I'm not glad that he apparently burned alive. I wouldn't wish that on Hitler. It's somewhat strange that his driver's license remained unscathed. I hope that they can identify his remains in a definitive manner. That won't stop the conspiracy theories and speculation, though. You know how that goes.

I'm glad that they evidently stopped him. He was an evil and/or insane person. Still, I'm not glad that he apparently burned alive. I wouldn't wish that on Hitler. It's somewhat strange that his driver's license remained unscathed. I hope that they can identify his remains in a definitive manner. That won't stop the conspiracy theories and speculation, though. You know how that goes.

It will remain a conspiracy theory because thats what they wanted. Now no trial no first hand testimony. The corruption will continue. I do expect more of this type of thing to happen. I kinda hope he got away and will turn himself in to a protected enviroment. I do think he`s dead though.

Looks like Bible Thumping Gun Toting Blood Thirsty Tea Partiers got their wish. The death of a black man that didn't get a fair trial. And who said the Tea Partiers are not racists.

You are getting rather ummm not sure. What does the tea party or bible have to do with this. It is about the Lapd and coruption and all this time I thought California was all lefty and what not.

• Like 3

I watched the manhunt for Dorner live yesterday on local TV feed from L.A's KCBS-TV 2. Must been scary for anyone in Big Bear Lake Cal. (50 miles from me in Palm Desert) to deal with a crazed maniac with both police and military marksman training run loose and hide out in their "neck of the woods". I hoped he'll turn himself in to the police, but he chose the "easy way out" (was it gunshot suicide?) in a fiery end to his emotionally painful state of life.

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

I watched the manhunt for Dorner live yesterday on local TV feed from L.A's KCBS-TV 2. Must been scary for anyone in Big Bear Lake Cal. (50 miles from me in Palm Desert) to deal with a crazed maniac with both police and military marksman training run loose and hide out in their "neck of the woods". I hoped he'll turn himself in to the police, but he chose the "easy way out" (was it gunshot suicide?) in a fiery end to his emotionally painful state of life.

He will be portrayed as an evil demon man and all cops involved were heros in burning him alive. As many outlets have stated he would never be taken alive as his testimony would f up the gang called the lapd crime ring.

• Like 1

Why did the cops need hundreds of assault style weapons with high capacity magazines? I submit this question to Piers Morgan's mailbox. One armed murderer on the loose and the police employ limitless power with no questions asked. A private citizen bears one firearm kept in their home for defense against armed criminals but Morgan can't understand how that could possibly be necessary? There seems to be a severe disconnect at play regarding proportionate and reasonable use of force. It obviously has nothing to do with guns themselves but everything to do with who wields them.

• Like 4