Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lack of Personal Bf Encounters

Q-C

WD? If you want to post it up, then do so. At least then we could all see it and decide for ourselves, if you're not going to post it then please stop with the teasing. I'll only respond further after you post it up.That is to you directly..

What was THAT all about?

What was THAT all about?

Now, now, don't get all upset. It's just you're talking about this experience and how you have the video and all that, but until I see what you saw, it's a little difficult to be objective about the whole thing. You get what I'm saying? I can only say that if I was talking about an experience and had video of it to back it up, I'd get that sucker out there for everyone to see. True, you will get some negative stuff and all that, but if what you saw was indeed real, then what others say....be it me, or one or more of some of the others say. The experience is yours, and even if the video doesn't live up to what you've described........at least you have a video. Which, according to what you've said has never been seen by others and was taken at a short distance from the creature you saw.

So, yeah.......I really want you to stop talking about it and post it up. It's not meant to do anything but sort of build a fire under you. The anticipation is killing me, but from your perspective it's yesterday's news. And in that last post you said something about it needing or alluded to it needing to be "enhanced". If you got a good video to begin with then I assure you, someone will approach you and be willing to do that enhancement for you, if indeed it needs to be done.

So, Dude?!? Let's see the video. Please.......pretty please with sugar on top.

Sure thing. Just as soon as Gary finds it, makes a copy and sends it to me. Then I'll start the process of whatever I need to do.

Heh. I was a member of a MRA (Men's rights activist) forum and got literally banned for a horrible statement. I said I like women - that the law favored them in many ways and most don't even think about it. I was told that women were evil and making a conscious effort to enslave men and sympathizers like myself weren't welcome.

I believe almost any niche forum shares this attitude. Go to an electronic cigarette forum and state that there's been no long term tests on the effect of inhaling the various agents used to flavor the nicotine used in them and you'll get flamed instantly. Like I said, it's the nature of specialty forums. I imagine there's a great deal of comfort in preaching to the choir since you'll never be challenged.

Which brings us to a forum like this. A general discussion forum. Most people who find their way here from the specialty forums are shocked and overreact to criticism. They've been in a world where questioning was verboten. How many times have you seen a new poster react to very polite opposition with, "Why are you even in the XXXX section if you don't believe?"? I've personally learned a lot here both reading and debating various subjects. I just think forums like this are good for people who actually are interested in learning logic and truth as opposed to just swapping ghost stories.

Sadly, there are many places like that on the web. I was expecting some negative responses when I came here and boy, I sure got them. However, the difference was I wasn't trying to impose my beliefs on anyone or convert skeptics and turn them into "Born Again Believers". A couple guys proceeded to tell me the guy were simply lying about, which to be honest I can't really rule out, but here again having known the guys personally and as well as I have for as long as I have, I can rule that out without any issues. And I do get that not everyone will be able to buy into that point of view........because they simply don't know the guys like I did and still do. Then the attacks took on a personal nature.......from people who don't know me or my friends. Disagreeing, doesn't always equal confrontation, at least it doesn't have to, I wound up have to put several on the ignore feature just to be able to relay to others who were just as skeptical only weren't coming at me with gun drawn, knives pulled and blood in their eyes.

Then came the misquotes and usual story shift in the retelling. "Ken? You say both guys took aim and pass off on the shot? How many times have I heard that one?" The truth was and was relayed that only one guy took aim and passed up on the shot. The other had a gun with him, but didn't move or take aim. Pretty silly that several couldn't get it right after having it typed out for them..........and in my older years I find I have little tolerance for stupidity.......or deliberate.........distortion of the facts.......facts I'd just put forth. Granted, I wasn't there when it all went down. so I can only relay what was told to me.

I can understand asking for clarification or maybe other data that might be available but was omitted, like time of day or weather conditions. However, all that was happening for me was an internet blanket party at which I was the star.

• Like 1

I've never had an encounter of Bigfoot but have been open minded to the subject. I don't understand why people can't be more open

to subjects out of the ordinary like this since there's been a lot of sightings to support it. But instead there's quick debunking and ridicule.

My guess is most of us have had a conditioning since childhood that this is the way the ball bounces and if the ball bounces the other way it's considered Taboo.

Very possibly, I know until I was told what I was told by my two friends I just sort of blew it off. Just sort of figured that these people were mistaken or just didn't understand what they'd actually seen or were liars or fakers, or attention seekers. If you look at nothing but the rational, the real hard evidence and take into account that there is no record of large bipedal primate other than humans in North America, it's easy to do the blow off thing. However, it's a different thing when a couple guys you know well and personally and I might add, both had a lot to potentially loose by telling what they saw, recount this experience to you and when you look at them, their body language, speech patterns and such and you know they aren't just pranking you. They are being totally serious and honest with you.

Now, having said all that, I have to say that some people are much too open minded...........as I'm fond of saying, to the point their brain falls out on the floor. My own story is not going to have any real meaning to anyone but me and that's ok, I get that. The thing that does get upsetting is when people just hammer you like a tent stake into the ground. That simply isn't needed and only serves to close a discussion and without discussion and even disagreement..........disagreement is not always a negative because if you disagree with me and present your reasoning for it then I might well see something from a point of view that I'd never considered before then.

Trouble is most people become angry and then the heat of anger fuels a flame war and no one learns anything except how to be better flamers.

Trouble is most people become angry and then the heat of anger fuels a flame war and no one learns anything except how to be better flamers.

the trouble or at least part of it is that No one likes to be called a liar, or an idiot, or a drunk @*^@*& or a druggie or any one of dozens of even less flattering names because they saw something or think they saw something that someone else doesn't believe in it when someone hear those names enough anyone will eventually explode. some people have longer fuses but it will happen.

I tend to have a temper and being as I don't enjoy arguing like some people do and i dislike myself when my temper lets go i gave up talking about my experiences with the super natural and other associated subjects. it is only recently i have been able to talk( type) about some things.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Say, I just came upon a Very interesting site last night that most everyone else here probably allready knows about. However, It's new to me as are all of the as net unknown Bigfoot sites on line so far. It's the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. It's really well put together and quite interesting as well as informative. If everyone here has known about the site for the past 20 years, I'm sorry for being late to the party, but this is the first Bigfoot forum I've encountered and I haven't looked at any other sites pertaining to the subject yet. I guess that having encountered them twice in my life, I have to accept the fact that they do exist and so I haven't been looking for proof anywhere in the way of reports of other encounters. I sure wasn't looking for them when I had MY encounters.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people have passed by them or evidence of them without noticing anything. Maybe folks don't look down a ravine or a river or creek or at a treeline in just the right spot or come around a curve in their vehicle at just the right time. I'm no doubt also within that group. Though I've had the two encounters that I'm aware of, I'd be willing to bet that I've just missed out on others. I think that having an i-phone in this day and age is one of the best advantages that we can have at hand today. I know that I allways carry mine. I don't have any reason to go out into the wilderness anymore though and so I've greatly reduced my chances of having any more chance encounters. Still, who knows? Maybe while driving with my wife on one of our vacations across the country, if the one who isn't actually driving and paying attention to the road at the time keeps a sharp eye peeled for the critter, maybe we'll see something.

Edited by Whitedog333

the trouble or at least part of it is that No one likes to be called a liar, or an idiot, or a drunk @*^@*& or a druggie or any one of dozens of even less flattering names because they saw something or think they saw something that someone else doesn't believe in it when someone hear those names enough anyone will eventually explode. some people have longer fuses but it will happen.

I tend to have a temper and being as I don't enjoy arguing like some people do and i dislike myself when my temper lets go i gave up talking about my experiences with the super natural and other associated subjects. it is only recently i have been able to talk( type) about some things.

I can see your point, everyone has a different flashpoint.

However, temper is something you have to learn to control in order to be able to exchange different ideas and opinions. Naturally, all my tidbits I post are all well reasoned, insightful, completely and fundamentally sound in their logic and often used in the formation of our country's policies on various fronts...............and yours are not. (that's a joke, relax) However, that is the sort of thing that will send people over the edge in a big old hurry. Shoot, if I had a nickel for every time I got hammered for expressing an opinion on the internet, well........truth is, I'd have an awful lot of nickels.

And much as I hate to admit it I can come across as a tiny bit strong at times, so yeah, I'm part of that problem too.

Very possibly, I know until I was told what I was told by my two friends I just sort of blew it off. Just sort of figured that these people were mistaken or just didn't understand what they'd actually seen or were liars or fakers, or attention seekers. If you look at nothing but the rational, the real hard evidence and take into account that there is no record of large bipedal primate other than humans in North America, it's easy to do the blow off thing. However, it's a different thing when a couple guys you know well and personally and I might add, both had a lot to potentially loose by telling what they saw, recount this experience to you and when you look at them, their body language, speech patterns and such and you know they aren't just pranking you. They are being totally serious and honest with you.

Now, having said all that, I have to say that some people are much too open minded...........as I'm fond of saying, to the point their brain falls out on the floor. My own story is not going to have any real meaning to anyone but me and that's ok, I get that. The thing that does get upsetting is when people just hammer you like a tent stake into the ground. That simply isn't needed and only serves to close a discussion and without discussion and even disagreement..........disagreement is not always a negative because if you disagree with me and present your reasoning for it then I might well see something from a point of view that I'd never considered before then.

When I always say that I'm open minded I've had members always refer to me about Carl Sagan's quote about brains falling out.

My response to them is that my mind isn't so narrow that my brain gets squeezed. I guess I should word it that subjects like bigfoot

I give consideration to the phenomena instead of swift debunking. And the reason I give bigfoot consideration is back in the 1990's,

An antelope/deer type animal called the Saola aka Asian Unicorn was discovered in southeast asia. It wasn't known by western society

until then but the locals always knew about it. If an unknown animal can be discovered today, who knows what else could be out there.

I believe that the relatively infrequent reports of them being sighted is a testament to their intelligence. It's also probably due in part to the low density of their population within any given area. Probably never any more than can be supported by the land that they occupy. All that's common sense of course.

I believe that the relatively infrequent reports of them being sighted is a testament to their intelligence. It's also probably due in part to the low density of their population within any given area. Probably never any more than can be supported by the land that they occupy. All that's common sense of course.

Will you share your encounter in Belize too?

Sadly, there are many places like that on the web. I was expecting some negative responses when I came here and boy, I sure got them. However, the difference was I wasn't trying to impose my beliefs on anyone or convert skeptics and turn them into "Born Again Believers". A couple guys proceeded to tell me the guy were simply lying about, which to be honest I can't really rule out, but here again having known the guys personally and as well as I have for as long as I have, I can rule that out without any issues. And I do get that not everyone will be able to buy into that point of view........because they simply don't know the guys like I did and still do. Then the attacks took on a personal nature.......from people who don't know me or my friends. Disagreeing, doesn't always equal confrontation, at least it doesn't have to, I wound up have to put several on the ignore feature just to be able to relay to others who were just as skeptical only weren't coming at me with gun drawn, knives pulled and blood in their eyes.

Then came the misquotes and usual story shift in the retelling. "Ken? You say both guys took aim and pass off on the shot? How many times have I heard that one?" The truth was and was relayed that only one guy took aim and passed up on the shot. The other had a gun with him, but didn't move or take aim. Pretty silly that several couldn't get it right after having it typed out for them..........and in my older years I find I have little tolerance for stupidity.......or deliberate.........distortion of the facts.......facts I'd just put forth. Granted, I wasn't there when it all went down. so I can only relay what was told to me.

I can understand asking for clarification or maybe other data that might be available but was omitted, like time of day or weather conditions. However, all that was happening for me was an internet blanket party at which I was the star.

You've basically named my feelings since returning. But bugger it I'm really busy and if i want to spend the few spare moments on here I'm not going to be chased off by ignorant people.

NW no use posting anything in relation to me as you get the dubious honor of being the first person since I joined to be on my ignore list. I will not see anything you post or receive pms etc so save your energy for actually getting out there every day because that is the dedication you need to succeed in research.

Any way I thought I had put up more stuff on here but I must have posted it all on the 'baddies' forum before I left there. It may take me a while as I have heaps of studying and assessments to do and I also packed up heaps of the house due to being separated and the encounter I want to talk about I don't think I recorded it down anywhere here anyway.

I guess I'll answer that question straight up why don't you note everything that happened?,

My answer is simply it was nothing extraordinary for us, we've been living with this for so long.

If it was something major I did make notes. If I was a computer hacker I could probably get into the site and retrieve the things I wanted but I'm not so give me time guys as I'm also taking off o/s soon while my 2 adult kids are here to watch things.

Take care everyone.

Edited by Tia

Any way I thought I had put up more stuff on here but I must have posted it all on the 'baddies' forum before I left there. It may take me a while as I have heaps of studying and assessments to do and I also packed up heaps of the house due to being separated and the encounter I want to talk about I don't think I recorded it down anywhere here anyway.

*snip*

Great! maybe the more who do post their experiences the more who will... and only then see how it goes

Will you share your encounter in Belize too?

Sure! With paragraphs? Oh boy... OK, I'll try!

I was down in old British Hondurus, or what became Belize, excavating for Triad Archaeological Research on the Mayan Caves Project. It was in The Toledo Distric. That's the Southern most of the 6 regions of Belize, which are the Corozal Dist, Orange Walk Dist, Belize Dist, Cayo Dist, Stann Creek Dist, and the Toledo Dist. The rain down in that region can fall as much as 30" a year. There's a lot of vegetation and a constant supply of food all year for everything that lives there.

Thomas Rash and Roberto Cus, who are two Ketchi Maya Friends of mine, had been talking about a particular valley that was ajacent to one of the archaeological sites we were digging on that was the home of a creature called Sisimito. The interpretation of that is Nine Foot Hairy Man. These hairy creatures are said to kidnap women. Mentioning them to any Indian down there will result in wide eyed display's of fear and looks of apprehension.

Of Of course, as luck or unluck would have it, I was tasked one day with staying out at that particular site for several days to guard the generators and equipt. Shawn McGinnes was supposed to stay with me. The first night, Shawn started lamenting on having to be isolated out in the jungle with me instead of back in the main camp in Laguna Village with a particular gal that he liked. The next day of course, the group of 15 or so Earthwatch tourists and the remaining crew of six other diggers along with Gary, the director of the project and Roberto and Thomas, returned to the site to continue our dig about 20 feet within the entrance of the cave that was called Octunzebe. Upon the end of the day, everyone left again and so did good ole Shawn, in the footstips of that gal he liked. Thanks Shawn... Thanks a bunch. Anyway, I was told that they were all going out to another location after the next day where another one of our team had been on guard. They wouldn't be back again for four days or more. It turned out to be more.

I'd occupy my time at night by sitting around the campfire that I'd built at the entrance of the cave. The cave was at the foot of a sort of escarpment that rose up and out for hundreds of feet. The walls were of limestone of course and the foot of the escarpment was above the jungle floor on an elevated shoulder that was about 100 feet higher than the ground below it. There was a twisting swath cut through the jungle that formed a 3/4 mile trail from the road that ran up to the base of the shoulder I was on and then up another 400 feet to the camp and the cave entrance.

I slept forty or so feet within the cave back around a corner of the cave wall where a cot had been set up within a mesh net canopy. This netting would keep the thousands of bats off of me while they flew out each night and back in again each morning. All within the floor of the cave were several excavated units that had exposed skeletons in the bottom of each. The cave itself was a tomb or oshuary that had been used for many centuries by lots of people to bury their dead. You couldn't sink a shovel or a trowel into the floor anywhere without running into bone and teeth.

During the days, If not outside exploring around the imediate area, I'd spend my time in the cave searching and scraping within any one of the many nitches that lined the bottom of the cave's walls. It was quiet and peaceful in the light of the candles that I'd set up around me to allow me to see and work in the darkness. At night, there wasn't much to do and so I'd eventually just have to go into the cave and try to get some sleep.

One evening, while the light of day had not yet completely left the sky, I was sitting as usual on a log, by the fire with my back to the cave entrance. I was listening to the sounds of the birds and of the Iguanna's climbing down from the trees to get to the ground. All of a sudden, what sounded like a boulder that must've been the size of an old time32" TV set came tearing down through the trees from above, shearing and ripping off limbs all the way down, and hit the ground off to my right just within the treeline of the surrounding jungle with a resonating thud that shook the ground. I was actually under the escarmpent wall which went out as it rose up over me, so I wasn't fearful of getting hit. I sat there with the sound of the crashing rock echoing back and forth across the valley below, thinking of how natural erosion and gravity had claimed part of the cliff above me and how fortunate I was to have been here to witness it, when about 20 seconds later, another such boulder came crashing down through the trees from the same area above me off to my right. I waited for an avalance of boulders that must surely be decending from above, but nothing of that sort happened. Sure enough, in about another 20 or 30 seconds, a third boulder came crashing down through the trees and off to my right to roll, like the other two, down the steep hill to the floor of the valley below. OK, I thought, once is happenstance, twice is circumstance and three times is something going on. This went on for some time, with the boulders eventually getting smaller by the ever decreasing sound that they made when they came down though the trees and hit the ground, to finaly roll down the steep hill. It was as if whoever or whatever was up there tearing off boulders from the face of the cliff above me was running out of boulders and was having to use smaller and smaller ones. The last few were probabaly the sound of bowling balls. In all, a little more than two dozen boulders had come down. Of course somebody was up there. Somebody with an oposable thumb. Since this type of activity was unknown to be cunducted by Howler Monkeys, I started to wonder what Indian from the nearest village, twenty miles away, would be crawling around in the dark, on the shear face of a cliff, pulling huge slabs of limestone out of the face of the excarpment and heaving them off of the cliffs above to hit me or scare me away. I couldn't come up with anything.

That's when I heard the sound of something moving up the long, winding, 3/4 mile long trail that ran from the dirt road to the cave. It was making a noise that I'd never heard before or since. It sounded like something between the sound of Darth Vader breathing thru his air regulator and the screeching of a Banshee. It was loud. It wasn't a Howler Monkey. It was moving, on the ground, up the trail, at night, seemingly unafraid of any predator that was also hearing it, like Jaguars or Tigers as the local Mayans refer to them.

It just kept getting closer and closer.

It had slowly and continually moved to the final length of trail that ran below me from my right to my left along the base of the rise that I was up on, when all of a sudden, the same type of noise emanated from just within the tree line of the jungle twenty feet off to my right. The originator of that noise was moving down towards the other thing that had approached my camp up the long trail. It must've climbed down the thorny, steep slope of the escarpment to my level. At some point, down below me, they met. Now both of them continued the same noise and without skipping a beat, continued along the trail at the foot of the rise. They were getting closer to the corner that was a right angled left turn that then came up the 400 foot trail cut straight through the jungle to my position. I was expecting of course two large primates to come into view that I was obviously going have to contend with for my position within the camp on that hill in front of the cave/tomb. All that I had with be was a knife and two poles that I'd quickly sharpened on one end for weapons while the first creature was still loudly moving up the trail towards me. Oh, I'd figured that I was going to loose the upcoming battle, but I was of course determined to make an accounting of myself that would leave a blood trail for my replacements to find. What else was there to do? Retreat? Where, into the cave? Oh no, There was no firelight in there by which to see what would be going on during what I expected to be a pretty intense but short fight, with me on the loosing end. Well, about ten feet short of the bend of the trail that would allow me to finaly see the two screeching things, the noise turned and started up an intersecting trail that I'd cut to a spring that I'd found three days before. It was about fifty feet down that other trail to the right. I could hear the two things travel further away until they got to where the spring was and then without stopping for water, they continued through what I knew to be an almost impassable wall of tangled bush. The sound of thier cries decreased and dwindled until i couldn't hear them anymore. I waited for some time in the dark with my spear in hand, waiting for something else to happen. Nothing did.

After two hours, I figured that I'd better start throwing everything that I could find in the way of wood onto the fire. I threw stumps, logs and entire limbs onto a huge pile over the campfire and it burned with flames that went up over 20 feet. Feeling safer, I decided to go into the cave then and climb into my cot within the mesh netting and wait in the dark for anything else. I must've fallen asleep then and the first thing that I knew was awakening to the sound of a low gutteral growl that originated at the entrance of the cave that was just around the corner and about 30 feet away. Whatever it was was grunting just like I've heard gorillas on TV. I waited for it to some into the cave, but it didn't. It just moved around between the huge fire that I'd made and the entrance and growled and grunted. I decided then to let out a long scream as loud as I could. This didn't phase the thing around the corner and it didn't miss a beat as it continued to grunt. I then waited in the dark, lying on my cot with a machette in my hand, wondering how long this was going to go on. The next thing that I was aware of was that it was morning and the sun was lighting up the walls of the tomb.

I went out to the daylight and looked onto the ground for any prints in the smsooth soft sand that I'd prepared all around at the caves entrance to reveal anything that might come up there while I was asleep and that evidently did. There were no prints anywhere. Nothing even touched the cooked corned beef and potato's that I'd set out on a boulder with sand all aorund. What was it? Why didn't it want any of that food? Why didn't it leave tracks? Did it move up next to the escarpment wall and thus avoid the sand our front? Nothing happened again for the next two nights. I was relieved from my position then and went back to the main camp within the village 35 miles away. As soon I'd told the Indians what had happened, they were terrified. They'd refused to stay up there before when Gary, the project director, had asked them to. Now, they certainly had no intention of staying there over night. For ANY payment. That's a lot of scared injun to turn down that kind of money. Fred

Edited by Whitedog333

Interesting story, I need to read it again for detail.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I'd been awakened by the thing just around the corner of the cave wall, it was 2;45 AM by the dial of my watch. I'd been asleep for about five hours. Evidently what ever it was didn't enter the cave while i was asleep, or If it did, it didn't harm me, but allowed me to sleep.

Edited by Whitedog333

interesting. I can honestly say the way you describe it i would have been terrified.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

I agree, excellent telling... c-r-e-e-p-y! Thanks for sharing, Fred.

How long did you stay after that night? When was this?

No one else had any other instances like yours?

I hope you left the next guy with more than a machete or at least gave him yours!

Did you ever check out what was actually thrown down (sizes or where they came from as in already loose or dislodged at the time) to intimidate you?

You must think about that night, a lot. I would. Any retrospective revelations?

I wonder why whatever it was stayed out of the cave. It must have known you were there.

Was this burial spot still sacred at the time you were there?

Edited by QuiteContrary

I stayed there the next day and night alone again and the following morning, Gary and the indians showed up with a new Earthwatch group of tourists who were staying for another two weeks. There were three Earthwatch groups that had payed Earthwatch money to join a real archaeological project for two weeks each. When I'd take one group to the Punta Gorda Airport at the end of their two week stay, they'd fly out on the plane that the new group would come in on. After the groups had left and no more were coming down, our archaeological team consisting of several of us who'd worked for Gary up in Missouri, had the chance to really get some research done and explore. We found so much. This was from January to May of 1988

Anyway, the new group came in and I didn't tell anyone but the Indians and Gary what had occured. Gary decided to stay for the night at the end of the days digging and so we bid everyone goodbye and settled in for the night to see what would occur. The Indians were real intent on leaving before it got dark! Nothing happened that we were made aware of. The next morning, the Indians and three of our staff returned with the group and at the end of the day's digging Gary and I went in with them back to Laguna VIllage, leaving Craig Schmidt there for a couple of days' Yes Craig had a machette, as everybody did. He saw and heard nothing. As far as I know, nobody else did either at that location.

It had become the Dry Season down there, late March, and the spring was the only source of known water around that I knew of. It came out of the ground and within 60 feet or so, it went back underground again. I didn't venture up into the Valley of The Sisimito but only once with Craig one day. That's what we called the valley whose opening was just around the corner from the cave after the Indians told us that the creatures were known to venture out from there and had been responsible for forcing an entire village to abandon their homes and to move from there many years before because of the frequent run in's between the villagers and the creatures. The time Craig and I went up exploring into the valley, we only found heavy bush and jungle that went on and on. After about 3/4 of a mile, having brought no water, we turned around and came back, intending to try again when we had more time. However we never did.

Yes, I did indeed go out looking for the boulders that were thrown off of the cliffs above me. The irregular shaped limstone boulders were there all over. Some of such size that I had trouble rolling them over. Several I couldn't move, and I was in my prime.

Retrospective revelations? Yea, right after I ran into the creatures (I'm going to start calling them that) up in Missouri the following year. However, no, I don't think about those events all that much any more. So much has happened in my life and my experiences have been rich and eventful ones. I've only started to think about them again after allmost 25 years when I came across this site accidentaly while looking up another subject that I'd experienced.

No the ancient burial cave had been abandoned for over a thousand years by the time we'd found it. The Indians that live many miles away don't like to go near that area while hunting with their single barreled break open shotguns. The Indians no longer have any idea what their ancestors were like. The great cities built during the ancient dynasties are now overgrown with vegetation and are inhabited by snakes and beasts. When entering these areas with ruins, they'll go through quickly or go around them, believing that these areas are haunted by the ghosts of the dead. Perhaps they are. All I know is that you can't get them to stay anywhere near a tomb, cave or ruin without others around them. The Indians will however loot a tomb with others of their family along for company and sell the items for money. They feel that their ancestors have left them these things to enrich their lives and that they have the right to claim them.

The Mayan Indians down there will bury their dead within open groves in the forest that are full of a particular red orchid. When you come across these groves or burial places, you will notice these red orchids growing all around you. Only the Indians know exactly where within the burial areas that each body is buried. There aren't any stones or markers anywhere.

Edited by Whitedog333

interesting. I can honestly say the way you describe it i would have been terrified.

Maybe and then maybe you wouldn't have. I can honestly say that I wasn't scared. I was certainly focused though! Everythig was happening real quick and I was getting ready to encounter something that I'd never encountered before. Something dangerous? I sure didn't know that for sure. All I knew was that it was going to be some kind of Exciting when the beasts finaly came into view and for all I knew, would rush up the open 400 foot long tunnel at me that was cut through the thick vegetation. Whooo Weeee! That woulda been one hell of a scrap for at least a few moments. LOL. Maybe they didn't know if I was alone? Who knows.

Edited by Whitedog333

Whitedog, I picked up a few things in your story that I've heard about before or have had happened to me but not to the extent or intention done to you.

Here's an encounter I'm happy to share as it has been on the net before. I'd love some help with it as I've never heard any one else mention vocals like we got that day, but maybe unless you're Australian the sound might not have clicked.

Ok, this dates back to 22 Feb 2011, we left home at about 1545. Myself, my eldest who is 21 today so almost 19 at the time and had been living at Uni full time for a year and my youngest 2 months shy of 10. Both girls and something I've been told and found true the HGs (Hairy Guys) like women and children.

I found a new HG trail (something the 'liars' did teach me, how to spot hidden entries) and we entered it and climbed down to the edge. Below was a valley and the ridge continued along and curved around covered by thick bush. We'd been there a while my youngest making lots of noise which at first you might think would be annoying but it can actually work to draw in HGs.

Out of the valley came ape like sounds listen at around 55 seconds and again at 143secs. Ours was definitely male, deeper and more drawn out lasting about 10 seconds the first time. I'll explain more after the my holiday about my history but the vocals had a mournful tone to them, I could feel the loneliness/ sadness, I called back and after 30 seconds got a reply and then twice more after mimicking the sounds back.

Now for most this would be a stretch but here comes the weird one as we were leaving this is what we heard it sounded like a deep continuous 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' like from a didgeridoo. It was deep and without the vibration of an instrument it felt like each time the call lasted longer it may have been 20 seconds but felt like a minute each time.

We joked about how we were going to find someone actually playing a didgeridoo on the main track but when we finally got up there of course no one was about. The sound was coming from the valley. Here's something else that happened that I think relates to my history as we were climbing up to the track I stopped at a tree and grabbed at my head, I said to the girls can you here it and they were like "yes we've heard it all along" and I was like no can you hear it in your head as well? They couldn't only externally but for me it was now entering my head filling it up all I could hear was the sound. I was still holding the tree as the girls moved onto and for a short time I was soooooo tempted to let go and follow the sound, it was pulling at me wanting me to go to the source. If the girls weren't there I would have some how climbed into that valley, there was no fear just a feeling of wanting/ needing to be there. I made myself follow out and the further away I got the spell was broken.

Listen at 50-51secs and 53-54secs and it's the closest I can give to you.

So while one of our 3 was a child 2 of us were adults at this encounter. Like I said I'd love to here if any one had heard vocals like these before and if I get time I'll go into Whitedogs comment about them taking women and what I've been told by Aborigines.

Wow Tia, those were Very interesting! Thanks for posting those. I've never paid attention to the sounds that primates make except for at the Omaha Zoo in town where they have a lot of diferent apes and monkeys in big enclosures. There's one species of monkey that makes a "Woooooop!" sound, but I've not heard any others. I guess that I wouldn't feel like wooping it up either if I were held captive. Your story was quite interesting. I wonder if the vibrating call you heard when out with your daughters was of the type meant to draw people into a specific area. A lot of people go missing every year in the wilderness, never to be found again. Some show up of course when their bodies are stumbled upon but some are never found. Hmmm...

I wonder if that resonating sound was meant to mesmerize and attract adult human females to them. Sounds like it might've been just that!

Edited by Whitedog333

Whitedog sorry it's late, I've got to study on campus tomorrow so need an early night. I'm hoping to answer you before I go away but basically what the Indians told you about the HGs is what I've been told by an Aboriginal man who as a teen saw his mother in a trance walking towards one and his father and elder brother had to go and hold her back.

He always warned me not to go in alone but I was safe.