Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Biggest And Largest Spiders in the World

Still Waters

Have you ever wondered how big the world’s biggest spiders are? Lots of us get scared even at the sight of a small, harmless spider, but imagine meeting a gigantic spider… Now that will just creep the living daylights out of you. Now we all know that size doesn’t matter, but when it comes to spiders, the bigger they are, the scarier they become. Let’s have a look at some of the biggest spiders in the world and see just how large they really are.

http://www.vyperlook...rs-in-the-world

I found this article while looking for something else. It's dated February 29, 2012.

• Like 2

I don't mind the tarantulas, but any fast moving giant spider would be one of my worst nightmares. :passifier::cry:

That bird-eating spider in the photo eating the bird looks fake to me. It isn't tarantula-bodied, wonder what it is?

And a Brazilian wondering spider on her hand! I thought they were toxic to humans?

Keep those things away from me!! [spazzes]

I like how some of the spiders are classed as dangerous and can sometimes cause death yet .... they are sitting in someones hand for the picture .... :no:

TiP.

I wonder if there is a spider so large that it can't be sucked into a vacuum cleaner. :hmm:

But seriously, that was horrifying. :no:

• Like 1

I like how some of the spiders are classed as dangerous and can sometimes cause death yet .... they are sitting in someones hand for the picture .... :no:

TiP.

There's always an job available for spider hand models. This is due to work-related disability.

We often get Huntsman Spiders thankfully it's very rare we get the big ones. We've had a few with babies on her back, scary then :passifier::no:

i should not have opened that link........ :no:

The largest true spider is the Heteropoda maxima aka the Giant Huntsman Spider of Laos that was discovered in 2001.

A whopping ... get this ... 12 inch legspan ... and how they measure legspans on a spider is from the tip of the right frontleg to the tip of the left rearleg (or vice versa).

12 inches!? Can you believe that? It dwells in caves and is pretty rare too.

The largest true spider is the Heteropoda maxima aka the Giant Huntsman Spider of Laos that was discovered in 2001.

A whopping ... get this ... 12 inch legspan ... and how they measure legspans on a spider is from the tip of the right frontleg to the tip of the left rearleg (or vice versa).

12 inches!? Can you believe that? It dwells in caves and is pretty rare too.

That's quite a span! Wouldn't be able to creep up on you though...

That's quite a span! Wouldn't be able to creep up on you though...

Yes, it literally dwarfs all other true spiders. Luckily its ecosystem are caves in Laos.

During the carboniferous period spiders and insects grew to gigantic sizes due to the high humidity levels and the fact that the earths atmosphere contained more oxygen. I always wondered what would happen if you raised a tarantula in an environment similar to that of the carboniferous period.

Would the spider grow larger than normal?