Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Americans Killed by Domestic Gunfire

jugoso

Not always illegally, as they can buy their guns from private citizens legally, gang member or not. If they were background checked my bet is that they would not get a gun... legally.

So if the private citizen had bought the gun legally, then do they not have to declare that the gun has now been sold on and to who? Like we do with cars?

I do not know how it works there, but imagine that if the law held them responsible for not declaring their gun has been sold and the criminal shoots someone and gets caught with it, then this would make them think twice to who they are selling it to.

I do not see it very "legal" for someone buying a gun and then knowingly selling it on to a gang member or ciminal, knowing that they would not be able to buy one themselves. They should ask to see their license first.

Maybe the law needs to address these legally bought guns being sold on without being registered to the new owner. BUT there may be a law already in place...which means it can`t be legal to do?

Edited by freetoroam

That still does not mean that we just sit idle around and do nothing to prevent the crime.

Who's doing nothing? We spend billions and billions on law enforcement and the justice system. We have hundreds of thousands of pages of laws on the books.

I can tell you this much, if it is more than 5% of those 80 million I would be very surprised. Because if all those people practiced we would have many less gun accidents.

Deaths from gun accidents in the United States barely make a blip on the radar and the rates have been dropping for decades even though ownership has increased significantly. Frankly, gun owners are some of the safest and most responsible folks around.

In 2007 there were 613 fatal firearms accidents or about .5% of total fatal accidents making it 16th on the list right behind accidental deaths from machinery and slightly ahead of bicycle accidents.

• Like 1

Wasn't the 70's to late 80's the black panther public standings and whatnot.

You're thinking of the 1960s. There were some incidents such as the Watts Riots and such, but there has never been a "race war" in the United States.

Enough of a war to use the CIA/FBI Drug War Tatics on their own civillians that were connected to this in some part. That is also from what I have seen in media as I do not live in the country so you are probally correct by stating that since you seen it first hand.

You guys really have some strange ideas about the United States.

Who's doing nothing? We spend billions and billions on law enforcement and the justice system. We have hundreds of thousands of pages of laws on the books.

You mean you spend billions and billions on weapons?

As for the hundreds and hundreds of pages, seems Obama wants to add even more, why is that?

You guys really have some strange ideas about the United States.

HAHA, blame your media and the attitudes of most the circulate the internet :P

don't get p***y about that, Australians have to live with the fact of being the Earth's drunken country, to the point when they train overseas call centres to call the country they are informed to not call after 6.30pm as 90% of Australia will be drunk at that point and sales would not be able to be completed officially and swiftly.

And tbh don't get me started on the retarded things Americans think about Australia.

Kangaroos are not transportation and Koalas aren't pets. So quiet on down there sonny.

You're thinking of the 1960s. There were some incidents such as the Watts Riots and such, but there has never been a "race war" in the United States.

What you want to call it and what the rest of the world see's are two different things.

How could you claim that when most of the American Drug wars (could nearly be classed as a world drug war so I'll let it slide a little bit) are based from their Heritage, Mexican v African Americans v Anglo v Asia v Everyone else that tries to become a big boy in importation (media and news highlights Mexican v Black in LA + the other information that is told). Sugar coating can do many things, but declassifying acts of humans it is alot harder.

But anyways you seem to be getting a bit of too much homeland pride about this topic so I'll be leaving the topic after this post.

Edited by chopmo