Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revelation

David Henson

If you study carefully the book of Revelation without the pseudo-scientific interpretation which sadly misses the point you will see a great deal in common with the earlier apocalyptic works of the Hebrew scripture. Something that is attributed to astronomical anomalies that has misguided scientists pulling at their bald patches can more accurately be compared to earlier Hebrew scriptures which describe social and political upheaval. See Revelation Chapters 1-22 For example, when the Hebrew scriptures said that the sun would be darkened and the stars would fall and the moon turned to whatever modern skeptics are painfully unaware of what that means, attributing it to all sorts of pseudo scientific explanations which are. Well. Stupid.

Basically the Bible says that first religion, then government and then commerce will be destroyed.

What I would like to discuss is what all of this might mean to those in the future (looks at watch) might have to say about all of that.

What I would like to discuss is what all of this might mean to those in the future (looks at watch) might have to say about all of that.

Doesn't matter to me. Whether I die of natural causes, a freak accident, get killed, or taken up with the friggin' rapture, it doesn't really matter what happens sense the outcome will just be the same. Those with God go to Heaven and those without go to Hell. Pretty simple really. That's why I really don't care too much for apocalyptic literature or the real apocalypse itself. Love and follow Jesus Christ, that's all I really need to know.

If you study carefully the book of Revelation without the pseudo-scientific interpretation which sadly misses the point you will see a great deal in common with the earlier apocalyptic works of the Hebrew scripture. Something that is attributed to astronomical anomalies that has misguided scientists pulling at their bald patches can more accurately be compared to earlier Hebrew scriptures which describe social and political upheaval. See Revelation Chapters 1-22 For example, when the Hebrew scriptures said that the sun would be darkened and the stars would fall and the moon turned to whatever modern skeptics are painfully unaware of what that means, attributing it to all sorts of pseudo scientific explanations which are. Well. Stupid.

Basically the Bible says that first religion, then government and then commerce will be destroyed.

In my mind religion and government are already destroyed socially and historically with commerce on it's way out if anyone finds any more American Gold/Tungston Bars. Commerce can actually be considered dead by the way of gold as well, we stopped creating and producing or own personal materials and became reliant on corporations to feed, clothe and home us. Which has given us nothing but idle time hence the world is so messed up, plain and simply too much idle time.

Like my signature states, why be involved in the destruction at all, when you have no idea of if you'll even have anything to do with the future.

Such analagies would be, an Indian Ocean Coastal town prepping and building a massive stadium to win the hosting rights of the 2008 olympics in June 2004.

I think this is the major problem with our species as a whole, we are too concerned about what we will be doing in the future or fighting about the past to actually be doing anything creative with the problems we are facing immediantly.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter to me. Whether I die of natural causes, a freak accident, get killed, or taken up with the friggin' rapture, it doesn't really matter what happens sense the outcome will just be the same. Those with God go to Heaven and those without go to Hell. Pretty simple really. That's why I really don't care too much for apocalyptic literature or the real apocalypse itself. Love and follow Jesus Christ, that's all I really need to know.

Except for that the Bible doesn't say that those with God go to Heaven and those without go to Hell. Psalm 139:8 says God is in hell. Jesus Christ went to hell. God says flesh and blood can't inherit heaven.