Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Too much evil in this world

Catz

You know, when I saw the title I saw the same thing. When I read the OP I didn't. I agree, some civilised people do make the world a beter place. This is not the case here. This is the depravity that is shame personified. It is disgusting the people treat each other this way. And I understand the OP "tuning out" Sometimes it can be overload. I feel for the poor girl myself, and I heard about her like 2 minutes ago. This is the sort of thing that challenges one's faith in humanity. For all the good we do, one tends to be remembered for one's last bad act. The bad borrows from the good, the bad leeches from the good, and the bad can overcome the good. It is sad, and I agree, not a picture of humanity, but a facet, ugly and unpolished.

Can this sort of sickness be cured? I doubt the violators can fathom how disgraceful their actions are, if they did, they would not be able to live with themselves. SA scares the hell out of me, I would not visit there if you paid me. Bali too, but for different reasons. I would not set foot there let alone pay to do so. But to turn away is sometimes the only way to deal with this side of existing. Because it is really hard to see a light at the end of that tunnel. I have seen some police reports form SA victims, what I have seen, and what I understand to be a regular occurrence is beyond words. I cannot even begin to fathom any sort of answer. It is depressing to consider, I think if one did not put it out of one's mind from time to time, then one might go quite mad themselves. I think more than this sick act, that we seem helpless to do anything about it is the hardest part to deal with. As was mentioned, Witch Doctors and Superstition also allow so much death, how did the cradle of manking become one of the worst examples? The rest of the world found arts, technology, education and benevolence. Why did our starting place never crawl out of this dark pit? That has long baffled me.

Some parts of Africa is literally back in the dark ages due to superstition and witch doctors.

In Tanzania and other parts of East Africa, masses of albinos are being attacked and multilated, dismembered and murdered for their limbs that fetch thousands of dollars on the black market because it is believe if their bones are boiled in potions they will bring prosperity.

In Democratic Republic of Congo, Pygmies are being hunted, raped, enslaved, and cannibalized (because it is believe the eater gains the traits of the pygmies who have great vision and are expert trackers). The Pygmies have addressed this to the UN and UN investigated these claims and found them to be true. The DRC also rivals South Africa with a rape epidemic of its own.

In Zimbabwe and South Africa, it is the virgin cure (the rape of babies and young girls) to cure AIDS. And the wholesale killing of farmers. Zimbabwe's farmland ecology has gone to crap because they have taken the land from the farmers (or murdered them) and given this land to people that have no clue about agriculture

This is something out of a nightmare, there is so much ignorance, illiteracy, and despair in these parts that witch doctors and their superstitions have enslaved these people into believing in these murderous and vile miracle cures are the answer.

• Like 3

Some parts of Africa is literally back in the dark ages due to superstition and witch doctors.

In Tanzania and other parts of East Africa, masses of albinos are being attacked and multilated, dismembered and murdered for their limbs that fetch thousands of dollars on the black market because it is believe if their bones are boiled in potions they will bring prosperity.

In Democratic Republic of Congo, Pygmies are being hunted, raped, enslaved, and cannibalized (because it is believe the eater gains the traits of the pygmies who have great vision and are expert trackers). The Pygmies have addressed this to the UN and UN investigated these claims and found them to be true. The DRC also rivals South Africa with a rape epidemic of its own.

In Zimbabwe and South Africa, it is the virgin cure (the rape of babies and young girls) to cure AIDS. And the wholesale killing of farmers. Zimbabwe's farmland ecology has gone to crap because they have taken the land from the farmers (or murdered them) and given this land to people that have no clue about agriculture

This is something out of a nightmare, there is so much ignorance, illiteracy, and despair in these parts that witch doctors and their superstitions have enslaved these people into believing in these murderous and vile miracle cures are the answer.

Yikes, that is nothing short of horrifying! In this day and age??? How can people remain so ignorant, I understand that education can be hard to come buy in places, but still......

Is there any truth to the legend of the Night of the Long Knives aka Uhuru? That too sounds barbaric and horrifying. I do not know if it is true, but the rumour abounds, and is disturbing to say the least.

Yikes, that is nothing short of horrifying! In this day and age??? How can people remain so ignorant, I understand that education can be hard to come buy in places, but still......

Is there any truth to the legend of the Night of the Long Knives aka Uhuru? That too sounds barbaric and horrifying. I do not know if it is true, but the rumour abounds, and is disturbing to say the least.

The material I posted is true and verifiable. But I don't know about Night Of The Long Knives aka UHURU tho. It may be hoax.

But there has been a genocide of white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe. And these countries due to these actions have slit their own wrists by these actions, now that the farmlands have fallen to barrenness due to negligence and are no longer fertile. The agriculture of these countries has crashed and burned.

The material I posted is true and verifiable. But I don't know about Night Of The Long Knives aka UHURU tho. It may be hoax.

Ohh, I do not doubt you, as I mentioned, I have seen some police reports, I doubt I will ever forget them. Mutilated bodies, mostly white women, just like your material. No, I do not doubt you mate. It was just that you seemed to have a bit of information on the area, and Uhuru is something I heard a while back, and it stuck with me. A very chilling ideal, but looking at reports, reading about farmers being slaughtered and tortured, the superstitions, and all that, it's so horrifying it almost seems surreal. Many say Uhuru is a hoax, and maybe hat is the case, but not people from the country that I have met. They seem to think there might well be something to it, and in fact I happen to have met at least 4 people over the last few years that say this is why they left, and they are very, very fearful for any remaining family members and in all cases were desperately trying to get remaining family over here. When you hear it come from someone with the accent, it makes you think. I was just wondering if you knew anything I had not heard is all.

But there has been a genocide of white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe. And these countries due to these actions have slit their own wrists by these actions, now that the farmlands have fallen to barrenness due to negligence and are no longer fertile. The agriculture of these countries has crashed and burned.

It's just a disaster I agree. I have read however, that some enterprising Africans have started to grow indigenous crops, and of fruit I had never heard of for sale on a Global Market, which I think would be simply fantastic. I just never understood how mankind's birthplace seems so increibly backward compared to a recently founded countries like New Zealand or Australia. It strikes me that it really ought to be the complete reverse in our oldest home with many resources. But it seems to be getting raped by a few imported individuals, and I can understand why the Indigenous peoples would be angry at that, that woman who owns the gold mines is just a nasty piece of work, and I am ashamed to be of the same species as her, could it be these greedy individuals are causing the dissension to begin with? Is the entire white population under attack because of a few that cannot be touched? Although the Government there is not a great deal better is it.

Edited by psyche101

How's the end of apartheid working out for you? Probably just a bit better than present Zimbabwe (Rhodesia).

How can you expect to have a modern functioning government when you have witch doctors, sorry, Health Ministers, telling people that AIDS can be cured with lemon juice and garlic? Or when a significant portion of the population believes that aids can be cured by raping children?

I'm sorry but not all cultures are the same, no matter what liberal professors would have you believe.

I suppose that is the problem. I am from European descent..I will not wish to get into a racist conversation, but that is the problem and the reason why so many white south africans are leaving the country (and also some africans who no longer believe in the system that they have voted for in 1994). There is a huge cultural difference between us as culture plays a very big role in the lives of the africans. There are things they believe which I will never understand. (like you mentioned).

Now, it is just apartheid reversed with the minorty groups being oppressed. Minority groups battle to get jobs with the affirmative action and alot of white people (especially farmers) are being murdered in the most gruesome ways - (like it was in Zimbabwe). Apartheid was wrong, but this governement is running things into the ground. Back in 1994, when democracy was voted for and Mandela (leader of the ANC )came into power-I could still understand the masses voting for him. He had a vision of reconciliation of different peoples coming together and make a change for the better. Unfortunately, he was not able to run for president very long. The vision he had for this nation is long gone and not the priority of our current corrupt bunch. The problem is now after all these years, the masses can see the problems, corruption and crime but come election time, they simply vote for the anc once again.

So yes, for the minority groups in South Africa this current post apartheid regime sucks. We are stuck - not by choice.

• Like 1

Yes, the farm murders are terrible and as I said before, the only way to survive these days is not to pay attention to the media. But it's real and very very sad.

There is a book that you can read called "two sisters" (I think). I will try and get the right title and author. It is about two sisters that came from the UK that cleans crime scenes (especially farm murders) so the family members would not have to deal with it. I did not read the book, only heard from others-I get too emotional so I suppose it is better if I do not read it.

• Like 1

Too much news to often. Period. The world has always been cruel to some extant but I would rather live today than a thousand years ago. We choose to be blasted by 24/7 instantaneous news stories. The cruelty has always existed, the news hasn't.

I know that I can safely walk down the road without some lord lopping my head off for sport or some samurai killing me for not performing the correct gesticulations. There are parts of the world that in a horrid state and there always have been. The nature of humanity, like all animals, lends itself to this behavior. It is one of the largest failings of our beliefs and governments. For most that oppose the violence and oppression the solutions are child like and ignore the fact that we are just animals with the ability to think of each other as tools to be used against each other.

Who makes the decision what is right and wrong? I haven't a clue but until we take into consideration those base causes for humanities violence and deal with those that commit the acts appropriately it will always seem to be an awful world. Then again the media does not make it their business to tell us the good that does go on in the world. Why? Because people find it boring.

The song by Tool called Vicarious comes to mind.

As always, JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad

Yes, the farm murders are terrible and as I said before, the only way to survive these days is not to pay attention to the media. But it's real and very very sad.

There is a book that you can read called "two sisters" (I think). I will try and get the right title and author. It is about two sisters that came from the UK that cleans crime scenes (especially farm murders) so the family members would not have to deal with it. I did not read the book, only heard from others-I get too emotional so I suppose it is better if I do not read it.

Book is Blood Sisters written by Roelien Schutte and Eileen de Jager.

• Like 1

Ohh, I do not doubt you, as I mentioned, I have seen some police reports, I doubt I will ever forget them. Mutilated bodies, mostly white women, just like your material. No, I do not doubt you mate. It was just that you seemed to have a bit of information on the area, and Uhuru is something I heard a while back, and it stuck with me. A very chilling ideal, but looking at reports, reading about farmers being slaughtered and tortured, the superstitions, and all that, it's so horrifying it almost seems surreal. Many say Uhuru is a hoax, and maybe hat is the case, but not people from the country that I have met. They seem to think there might well be something to it, and in fact I happen to have met at least 4 people over the last few years that say this is why they left, and they are very, very fearful for any remaining family members and in all cases were desperately trying to get remaining family over here. When you hear it come from someone with the accent, it makes you think. I was just wondering if you knew anything I had not heard is all.

Unfortunately I havent heard any confirmation on UHURU. I have even had the misfortune to see the crime photos and one really torn me down to tears because the victim looked like she was sleeping peaceful and composed expression save for her face bloodied and bruised obviously been raped, stripped bare with an impossibly large foreign object inserted... I dearly hope the farmers are all armed and on alert at all TIMES. The brutality of these murders is shocking!

These killers FRIGHTEN me and the murders APPALL me! These farmers are educated people, they are self-supporting and raising families and knew how to grow crops with great success. Without them, these African countries wont have an agriculture to speak of. I wish the world would gather these people up and save them!

It's just a disaster I agree. I have read however, that some enterprising Africans have started to grow indigenous crops, and of fruit I had never heard of for sale on a Global Market, which I think would be simply fantastic. I just never understood how mankind's birthplace seems so increibly backward compared to a recently founded countries like New Zealand or Australia. It strikes me that it really ought to be the complete reverse in our oldest home with many resources. But it seems to be getting raped by a few imported individuals, and I can understand why the Indigenous peoples would be angry at that, that woman who owns the gold mines is just a nasty piece of work, and I am ashamed to be of the same species as her, could it be these greedy individuals are causing the dissension to begin with? Is the entire white population under attack because of a few that cannot be touched? Although the Government there is not a great deal better is it.

Dislike for white Europeans goes back to the scramble for Africa. Leopold Congo.The German-African holocaust in the diamond zones of Namibia. European nations drew up Africa and all her borders. Dividing peoples, cultures, tribes, and languages. Lets not forget the Arab slave trade either, it still goes on today, it has gone on long before the Atlantic Slave Trade. One can argue that Europeans introduced modern communications, modern transportation and railways, modern medicine, built ports and harbours on the continent. But the whole world is still exploiting Africa of its resources. Also Africa is burdened with corruption. Most of the countries there are ruled by wealthy dictators that take all the money and place relatives in high offices of government and don't give two bits for their own people. Of course in South Africa you have the apartheid too. Illiteracy, ignorance, and despair runs rampant.

Book is Blood Sisters written by Roelien Schutte and Eileen de Jager.

That sounds like a sobering read and give me more background on the farm murders.

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 2

Alot of people have talked about the "night of the long knives"...as a white south african myself, I do not know if it is true or whether it is just some legend made up. I've heard talk that the only reason whites have not been wiped out in South Africa is because of Mandela and what he stands for. Alot of people are afraid of the day when he dies.

• Like 2

Alot of people have talked about the "night of the long knives"...as a white south african myself, I do not know if it is true or whether it is just some legend made up. I've heard talk that the only reason whites have not been wiped out in South Africa is because of Mandela and what he stands for. Alot of people are afraid of the day when he dies.

How is the crime in your city and neighboring cities, Catz?

I suppose that is the problem. I am from European descent..I will not wish to get into a racist conversation, but that is the problem and the reason why so many white south africans are leaving the country (and also some africans who no longer believe in the system that they have voted for in 1994). There is a huge cultural difference between us as culture plays a very big role in the lives of the africans. There are things they believe which I will never understand. (like you mentioned).

Now, it is just apartheid reversed with the minorty groups being oppressed. Minority groups battle to get jobs with the affirmative action and alot of white people (especially farmers) are being murdered in the most gruesome ways - (like it was in Zimbabwe). Apartheid was wrong, but this governement is running things into the ground. Back in 1994, when democracy was voted for and Mandela (leader of the ANC )came into power-I could still understand the masses voting for him. He had a vision of reconciliation of different peoples coming together and make a change for the better. Unfortunately, he was not able to run for president very long. The vision he had for this nation is long gone and not the priority of our current corrupt bunch. The problem is now after all these years, the masses can see the problems, corruption and crime but come election time, they simply vote for the anc once again.

So yes, for the minority groups in South Africa this current post apartheid regime sucks. We are stuck - not by choice.

This happens in every country. As long as people feel the need to decide what's best for others, it's gonna be like this, more or less. Why can't people rule over themselves more than this? Everybody likes dancing to the tune, but only a few dare to try step into the stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tChLJGO-U I know a place...

Edited by Mikko-kun

Unfortunately I havent heard any confirmation on UHURU. I have even had the misfortune to see the crime photos and one really torn me down to tears because the victim looked like she was sleeping peaceful and composed expression save for her face bloodied and bruised obviously been raped, stripped bare with an impossibly large foreign object inserted... I dearly hope the farmers are all armed and on alert at all TIMES. The brutality of these murders is shocking!

Lets us hope that is fortunate and it is merely a rumour.

Foreign objects seem to be common, broom handles, broken bottles, it seems to amplify the very fact that the people doing this are very sick individuals and one wonders if a mind that far gone can be helped.

These killers FRIGHTEN me and the murders APPALL me! These farmers are educated people, they are self-supporting and raising families and knew how to grow crops with great success. Without them, these African countries wont have an agriculture to speak of. I wish the world would gather these people up and save them!

Indeed, some say that the stories are exaggerated, and I am sure some are, however, the depths of insanity and depravity are common enough to shock any person into a different mindset when being exposed to the magnitude of this appalling situation. I too wish there was something someone could do, It is as bad as a war zone, in fact I have been in a war zone and I it sounds mild by comparison.

Dislike for white Europeans goes back to the scramble for Africa. Leopold Congo.The German-African holocaust in the diamond zones of Namibia. European nations drew up Africa and all her borders. Dividing peoples, cultures, tribes, and languages. Lets not forget the Arab slave trade either, it still goes on today, it has gone on long before the Atlantic Slave Trade. One can argue that Europeans introduced modern communications, modern transportation and railways, modern medicine, built ports and harbours on the continent. But the whole world is still exploiting Africa of its resources. Also Africa is burdened with corruption. Most of the countries there are ruled by wealthy dictators that take all the money and place relatives in high offices of government and don't give two bits for their own people. Of course in South Africa you have the apartheid too. Illiteracy, ignorance, and despair runs rampant.

Indeed, but that is the wonder I have. All those Europeans came from Africa initially. How did they surpass those in our birthplace so much? This gave a great deal of the world the opportunity to rape a resource, but if that is where everything started, why was it left behind to begin with? Why weren't Africans slave trading other peoples? How did they end up with the short end of the stick, when they live in the parent-land? What happened?

• Like 1

Lets us hope that is is indeed only rumour. It sounds to sub human to contemplate, but when you see the murders, and read of the frequency, one cannot help but wonder. Heck, in a country where flame throwers are legal on vehicles to ward of attackers, something really needs to change.

Edited by psyche101

How is the crime in your city and neighboring cities, Catz?

Well if I compare it to the way things used to be 18 years ago, I would say it's pretty bad. I grew up in a house in a beautiful suburb. We used to play and ride our bicycles in the street. You cannot do it anymore.Now, I live in a townhouse in a security complex. We have an electric fence surrounding the property and a guard patrolling 24hr. On my unit, I have burglar bars and gates, an alarm system and armed reaction. This is the way we all live and we have become used to it. This is unfortunate because most of the neighbourhoods are very green and beautiful, the homes spacious-just a pity for the high walls and fences. I personally, do not know of anyone who has not been touched by crime in one way or another. (luckily, only thefts and smash-and-grabs etc.) I know that crime is a problem worldwide, the problem is that our crime can be very violent. But like with everything in life, you adapt with the circumstances. You know to keep your doors locked and alarm system on. You know to keep your car windows up at all times, not to drive alone at night and not to stop on a highway even if you burst a tyre driving over a stone. (sometimes stones are placed on the roads and when you stop to look at the damage on your car, you get robbed or worse. I suppose, for me, living here all my life, it is not that bad. I'm use to it. You do read about the crime daily but you try and make the best of a bad situation. But it gets you down sometimes-like the incident of last week. I suppose that most people feel helpless and hopeless. The government is not really taking action against the crime, especially the farm murders. I must say, that apart from all the negative, South Africa is still a beautiful country. If we can get rid of the violence, crime and corruption, this country would be heaven on earth :yes:. Nature is just so beautiful, houses affordable (and spacious), good food, excellent holiday destinations, generally friendly people, lots of sunshine...the list can go on...There are thousands in every culture (we have 11 official languages here) who really are trying to make south africa a better place.

• Like 1

Lets us hope that is fortunate and it is merely a rumour.

Foreign objects seem to be common, broom handles, broken bottles, it seems to amplify the very fact that the people doing this are very sick individuals and one wonders if a mind that far gone can be helped.

Indeed, some say that the stories are exaggerated, and I am sure some are, however, the depths of insanity and depravity are common enough to shock any person into a different mindset when being exposed to the magnitude of this appalling situation. I too wish there was something someone could do, It is as bad as a war zone, in fact I have been in a war zone and I it sounds mild by comparison.

Its a horror story. Reminscient of the vile acts committed between the US calvary and the Indians particularly the Apaches and Comanches, how they savaged and raped each other. Complete depravity. These sickos not only want to kill people but destroy any residual of what identifies their victims as human beings. In the Old west, a good man would rather put a bullet in his own head or in the head of his wife rather than fall captive to some Indian tribes. To be captured entailed a long lingering death. The US calvary was committing the same acts. Tit-for-tat.

As Christian I would not hesitate to bust a cap in every one of them.

Indeed, but that is the wonder I have. All those Europeans came from Africa initially. How did they surpass those in our birthplace so much? This gave a great deal of the world the opportunity to rape a resource, but if that is where everything started, why was it left behind to begin with? Why weren't Africans slave trading other peoples? How did they end up with the short end of the stick, when they live in the parent-land? What happened?

Sub-sahara Africa is quite more isolated and remote in the ancient days. Inaccessible via the Sahara desert.

IIRC, most of Africa are latecomers in trade and exchanging technology. But not so much in East Africa and North Africa because these places did enjoy trade, engineering, and technological exchange and were quite advanced itself. They represent some of the oldest and most advanced African civilizations (EDIT correction - in the whole world).

And Africa benefited much from the Muslim crusades which created trade routes as it spread through Africa. But also, with the Muslim crusades and those trade routes came the Arab slave trade. No one speaks much about the Arab slave trade which predates the Atlantic slave trade and it is still going on to this day. It was a worst holocaust in the figure of millions than the Atlantic slave trade.

But the things happening in the DRC, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and South Africa are something straight out of the old missionary horror stories. The cannibalism and mutilations.

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 1

Well if I compare it to the way things used to be 18 years ago, I would say it's pretty bad. I grew up in a house in a beautiful suburb. We used to play and ride our bicycles in the street. You cannot do it anymore.Now, I live in a townhouse in a security complex. We have an electric fence surrounding the property and a guard patrolling 24hr. On my unit, I have burglar bars and gates, an alarm system and armed reaction. This is the way we all live and we have become used to it. This is unfortunate because most of the neighbourhoods are very green and beautiful, the homes spacious-just a pity for the high walls and fences. I personally, do not know of anyone who has not been touched by crime in one way or another. (luckily, only thefts and smash-and-grabs etc.) I know that crime is a problem worldwide, the problem is that our crime can be very violent. But like with everything in life, you adapt with the circumstances. You know to keep your doors locked and alarm system on. You know to keep your car windows up at all times, not to drive alone at night and not to stop on a highway even if you burst a tyre driving over a stone. (sometimes stones are placed on the roads and when you stop to look at the damage on your car, you get robbed or worse. I suppose, for me, living here all my life, it is not that bad. I'm use to it. You do read about the crime daily but you try and make the best of a bad situation. But it gets you down sometimes-like the incident of last week. I suppose that most people feel helpless and hopeless. The government is not really taking action against the crime, especially the farm murders. I must say, that apart from all the negative, South Africa is still a beautiful country. If we can get rid of the violence, crime and corruption, this country would be heaven on earth :yes:. Nature is just so beautiful, houses affordable (and spacious), good food, excellent holiday destinations, generally friendly people, lots of sunshine...the list can go on...There are thousands in every culture (we have 11 official languages here) who really are trying to make south africa a better place.

I am pulling for all of you and the farmers in Zimbabwe. I want it all to end. And pray for your deliverance.

• Like 1

I am pulling for all of you and the farmers in Zimbabwe. I want it all to end. And pray for your deliverance.

Thank you. We need all the prayer we can get! Only God can save this nation.

• Like 1