Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

Of course, but I don't need to wait to have my own opinion.

Forgive me if I offended your opinion, but what I`m trying to say, from what I viewed from the courtroom sessions, this photo is a important factor, Now the prosecuter is saying and Jodi agrees this photo was in the hallway ,so what is it? did she shoot him in the hall way as she says, or was she dragging his body from the bathroom? She admits she did kill him.I am trying to figure how by all the photos and the crime scence pictures.Then there the question how was this photo ever taken? Maybe I`m lost in all this, but I`m sure the jury must be to.

It's also creeping me out a bit that I believe her when I KNOW she is a LIAR......BUT SHe NEVER wavered from her story..... she was up against a very powerful and feared lawyer...she LISTENED to the prosecutors questions so carefully and did not let him put ONE WORD in her mouth, no matter how leading his questions were.. I dont feel he tripped her up... I feel she was telling the truth on the stand & never changed it. .even so, I'm not sure that I believe it was self defense, although it could be because he certainly was no angel. &I dont think that it was premeditated at all.....I think she went there to try to get him to love her one last time & then when she knew he didnt, she SNAPPED & went into a rage... I believed the crying on the stand was real & from losing him and shame at what she did. The picture of him dead and bloated in the shower has been the hardest one for her to look at throughout the trial... & for me it is the WORST one too. The talking heads kept saying that one was nt even bloody and seem to think she was just putting on an act of fake tears. I just dont think so. On the other hand I have cried for Travis and his family...SO VERY SAD, SO UNFAIR.... He had so much to live for....I am just glad I am not on that jury.

I do that too. I find myself believing her when all I have is her word. Then I try to use my common sense. I think she brought the gun either to kill him or convince him to get back together with her. She tried to cover her tracks getting to his house and that makes it premeditated in my opinion. The prosecutor played right into her hands by treating her so poorly. I keep putting myself in her place on the stand and I have to keep reminding myself that she deserves it.

Just watched a bit after this read this thread and all I can say about it is that it is one of the most entertaining things I've seen on TV in a while.

I honestly can't tell if she is guilty or innocent from the part I saw alone, the forensics are pretty much botched, the people involved are hilarious, you couldn't write a better sarcastic comedy if you tried. Then the media outlets on top of it. Coming to the conclusion that she is a psychopathic killer and claiming the lawyer is a genius by playing with an emotionally unstable person who makes bad choices, when makes her emotionally unstable by verbally attacking her then asking really bad yes or no questions, to make it look she makes bad choices. He is literally walking himself in to a non-guilty verdict by the jury and he doesn't even have a clue. Hopefully the rest of the trial wasn't played out like this.

Personally I don't really care about the outcome, just that it goes down the right way.

I think you're right. Maybe not as far as a not guilty verdict but he will not win a DP verdict. He has made Jodi into a sympathetic person for the normal people who have empathy on the jury. .

I don't know why you quoted me, and made those comments. :cry:

I can only speak for myself, but my opinion on this case WILL NOT change because the evidence is such that it's a no-brainer!, so that there's NOTHING that the defense could present which could even possibly change my opinion. Nothing.

Sorry. I was responding to Yam and his steadfast position of not forming an opinion until all the evidence is in.

• Like 1

The evidence is there and she is trying to lie to get out of what she had already admitted.

The defense has no case.

I think maybe Yam isn't watching the trial. He may be getting his information from the TV and not from live feed.

• Like 2

Hey, what can I say? I call it like I see it, and I can't help it. It comes naturally when I'm faced with certain facts. I could give consideration to what a defense presents, but in this case, it would only re-enforce my opinion! :yes:

I agree with you. My opinion is pretty firm that Jodi murdered Travis. It would take aliens from outer space to convince me otherwise. And I have finally decided it was premeditated because of the length she went to to hide the fact she drove to his home with the means to kill him. All that is left for me now is deciding on the DP or LIP. My problem is that she is likable.

Forgive me if I offended your opinion, but what I`m trying to say, from what I viewed from the courtroom sessions, this photo is a important factor, Now the prosecuter is saying and Jodi agrees this photo was in the hallway ,so what is it? did she shoot him in the hall way as she says, or was she dragging his body from the bathroom? She admits she did kill him.I am trying to figure how by all the photos and the crime scence pictures.Then there the question how was this photo ever taken? Maybe I`m lost in all this, but I`m sure the jury must be to.

No problem, not offended at all. My response was more for Yam who seemed to have been getting angry with people who have made their own opinions before the verdict was given.

The way I look at it, the sequence doesn't matter. If she shot him first, then there's no reasonable explanation for the further injuries, and if she stabbed him first, then there's no reasonable explanation for the gunshot.

Bottom line, there's no reasonable explanation for ALL of those injuries, either way.

I still think she shot him first. That was the whole reason for bringing the gun. Then there is the fear in his eyes in the shower photos. If she were only holding a knife, he would have taken it away from her. She shot him but then the gun jammed (as per her lie about the ninjas). She went to get the knife and when she got back, he was stumbling in the hallway. She started stabbing, he held up his hands to protect himself and backed into the bathroom. Then he was down and she continued stabbing.

• Like 2

I don't understand why you are in such a tizzy. Nancy Grace is a tv show. I don't watch it, but to each their own.

This is a pretty cut and dry case. I'm surprised it is garnering this much attention.

Well if you think that was a Tizzy you should read what I was responding to when I said it.

Why are you surprised it's garnering this much attention? Do you have any idea how many thousands of hours were wasted on Casey Anthony? We're way too influenced by junk food media in this country. Nancy Grace is merely case in point.

• Like 1

Look, I have an opinion on this case, and that's ok because I can think what I want, whenever I want, and as far as I know, I can express my opinion here.

The sole reason I joined this board was to participate in the True Crime topic, obviously in the interest of discussing such cases, sharing information, and so on. It's rare for me personally that I have an opportunity to discuss a case that's currently on trial, but my interest in any case is in discussing the facts, circumstances, and the evidence pertaining to that particular case.

Since this case is ongoing, then I think it's reasonable to discuss the evidence as it's presented at trial, and I can do that regardless of whether or not I've formed an opinion.

Unfortunately, I see that that's not always possible.

It's difficult to discuss new facts or evidence when you're this intractable and promising that "NOTHING can change your mind. Nothing.". So however you discuss this case from this point onward is going to be awfully predictable, right? Can you see that at least? I'm reserving my judgment, as the case is nowhere near done, so I'm kinda here to discuss an ongoing case myself, not bullwhip people into a static opinion I've already formed. I gave a lot of possible ways to gather additional evidence and you didn't express any interest in any of it, you were just ready to RULE. So no, it's not always possible.

• Like 2

I think maybe Yam isn't watching the trial. He may be getting his information from the TV and not from live feed.

So there's been polygraphs then? Psychological testing then to determine what kind of "crazy" everyone's up and calling her? There's physical evidence? Are there scars on Jodi where she would have easily cut herself while he was obviously defending himself with his hands and arms against her not so superhuman strength? There's a murder weapon? There's a motive? I'm asking a lot of questions it's up to you live feeders to answer them to cure my ignorance, please. I get very few answers and a lot of 3rd party discussion about me personally. I know I'm interesting and all, but let's just stick to the case here, right? I won't bring up "spayneuter" to anyone else on the board in kind, how's that?

• Like 1

So there's been polygraphs then? Psychological testing then to determine what kind of "crazy" everyone's up and calling her? There's physical evidence? Are there scars on Jodi where she would have easily cut herself while he was obviously defending himself with his hands and arms against her not so superhuman strength? There's a murder weapon? There's a motive? I'm asking a lot of questions it's up to you live feeders to answer them to cure my ignorance, please. I get very few answers and a lot of 3rd party discussion about me personally. I know I'm interesting and all, but let's just stick to the case here, right? I won't bring up "spayneuter" to anyone else on the board in kind, how's that?

I'm sorry. I did not mean to offend you. I was just trying to pose an answer as to why you seem to feel that some of us are unduly influenced by the Talking Heads.

You may say anything about me if you wish. I'll either own it or not.

I do not mean any 3rd party discussion about you with what i have said personally yam,you have made by our own law system very clear and backed by fact.Honestly if i had caused some kind of trouble or was accused of any i would feel very good if every one on the jury was as stern with the rule of law as you are.Even if everything looked like i were guilty but in reality innocent someone like yourself may spare me.This is what made our country great at one time,everyone could have their opinion and all had to be PROVEN guilty.I just have a gut feeling this woman is 100% guilty.As i have said before though sometimes there is as much **** in a brain as there is in a gut and vice versa.That said this prosecutor may burn his own ass lol

• Like 3

I'm sorry. I did not mean to offend you. I was just trying to pose an answer as to why you seem to feel that some of us are unduly influenced by the Talking Heads.

You may say anything about me if you wish. I'll either own it or not.

No interest in doing that thanks anyway. I've read this entire thread and haven't found the proof of guilt I need to convict. I presume none of the ideas I would like to see make it into the case have been acted upon yet, so barring that, the idea of putting her to death on the crappy evidence that's been circulating around so far doesn't seem likely much less right.

I do not mean any 3rd party discussion about you with what i have said personally yam,you have made by our own law system very clear and backed by fact.Honestly if i had caused some kind of trouble or was accused of any i would feel very good if every one on the jury was as stern with the rule of law as you are.Even if everything looked like i were guilty but in reality innocent someone like yourself may spare me.This is what made our country great at one time,everyone could have their opinion and all had to be PROVEN guilty.I just have a gut feeling this woman is 100% guilty.As i have said before though sometimes there is as much **** in a brain as there is in a gut and vice versa.That said this prosecutor may burn his own ass lol

You mean to say, I'd be the problem juror! Oh well. lol

While the whole truth and nothing but the truth is ideal from a legal standpoint, we know full well we will never get that here from Arias. So the strategy of focusing so much of the courtroom effort on her doesn't look very bright to me. It must be very rare for a defendant in a trial like this to testify at all, or at the end of the trial one time. By contrast this has turned into the Jodi Show starring Jodi Arias.

Another question for those keeping up with this case: Where is the ex boyfriend at? Where's the lover at that she ran to after she allegedly murdered Travis? Getting someone like that on the stand and grilling them might make sense.

• Like 3

You mean to say, I'd be the problem juror! Oh well. lol

While the whole truth and nothing but the truth is ideal from a legal standpoint, we know full well we will never get that here from Arias. So the strategy of focusing so much of the courtroom effort on her doesn't look very bright to me. It must be very rare for a defendant in a trial like this to testify at all, or at the end of the trial one time. By contrast this has turned into the Jodi Show starring Jodi Arias.

Another question for those keeping up with this case: Where is the ex boyfriend at? Where's the lover at that she ran to after she allegedly murdered Travis? Getting someone like that on the stand and grilling them might make sense.

Hell if you were the problem juror who saved my ass or anyone elses who actually had a reason to be defended no matter the evidence and eventually proven innocent,you should be awarded a ******* medal lol.People like yourself no matter the criticism are the reason we have what we had.I respect your opinion from this and other post where you have stood your ground no matter what.I have thought about making my opinion very strongly on other topics the way you do on some,though i am a bit more crude i would most likely be banned for a few days lmao.That said you know my opinion about this case and nothing can really change it,if she walks though feel free to rub my face in it hahaha

• Like 2

Hell if you were the problem juror who saved my ass or anyone elses who actually had a reason to be defended no matter the evidence and eventually proven innocent,you should be awarded a ******* medal lol.People like yourself no matter the criticism are the reason we have what we had.I respect your opinion from this and other post where you have stood your ground no matter what.I have thought about making my opinion very strongly on other topics the way you do on some,though i am a bit more crude i would most likely be banned for a few days lmao.That said you know my opinion about this case and nothing can really change it,if she walks though feel free to rub my face in it hahaha

If she walks, my gut will probably agree with yours (if nothing else changes at least). This a classic two-tailed test with the chance of either making a Type 1 Error (punishing the innocent) or Type 2 Error (letting the guilty go free). Knowing that it's a capital case, "probably" isn't good enough for me, even though I think she probably did it. I have to lean on preventing a Type 1 Error given the burden on the prosecution of "beyond a reasonable doubt" but I wouldn't want to make either error if possible. ;)

• Like 3

I still think she shot him first. That was the whole reason for bringing the gun. Then there is the fear in his eyes in the shower photos. If she were only holding a knife, he would have taken it away from her. She shot him but then the gun jammed (as per her lie about the ninjas). She went to get the knife and when she got back, he was stumbling in the hallway. She started stabbing, he held up his hands to protect himself and backed into the bathroom. Then he was down and she continued stabbing.

I've said this before, but I know every detail couldn't have played out the way Arias had intended as far as the actual murder because obviously, there are things that occurred which she couldn't possibly have predicted; I think that's the very reason the facts and circumstances are what they are.

I'm sure of one thing, there will never be conclusive answers to precisely how events unfolded, nor an explanation for every detail primarily because the victim isn't here to tell us what happened, and Arias can't be believed.

• Like 1

If she walks, my gut will probably agree with yours (if nothing else changes at least). This a classic two-tailed test with the chance of either making a Type 1 Error (punishing the innocent) or Type 2 Error (letting the guilty go free). Knowing that it's a capital case, "probably" isn't good enough for me, even though I think she probably did it. I have to lean on preventing a Type 1 Error given the burden on the prosecution of "beyond a reasonable doubt" but I wouldn't want to make either error if possible. ;)

I absolutely agree with you. Convicting the innocent is something that must not happen!

• Like 1

I've said this before, but I know every detail couldn't have played out the way Arias had intended as far as the actual murder because obviously, there are things that occurred which she couldn't possibly have predicted; I think that's the very reason the facts and circumstances are what they are.

I'm sure of one thing, there will never be conclusive answers to precisely how events unfolded, nor an explanation for every detail primarily because the victim isn't here to tell us what happened, and Arias can't be believed.

True. We won't ever know for sure what really happened, step by step. I forgot the photo of Arias' behind and Travis. The prosecutor and Jodi agree that it happened in the hall. So how did so much blood get in the sink?

So how did so much blood get in the sink?

Heck if I know.

I know the gunshot wound was to the right brow (recovered from left cheek) and the photo of the sink definitely showed a blood splatter pattern, and the direction of travel appeared to be (facing sink) from bottom right to top left of the sink area.

• Like 1

I don't see any fear in his eyes. Fear would be eyes wide open. Fear would be mouth open. Those eyes are relaxed, along with his entire facial expression. No wrinkles. No surprise. His arms pointed to the side instead of out in front of him. If that's what the prosecution is trying to say, dang they need some help!

98c8ee14373eb7804738311e90ddff3f.jpg

• Like 1

I don't see any fear in his eyes. Fear would be eyes wide open. Fear would be mouth open. Those eyes are relaxed, along with his entire facial expression. No wrinkles. No surprise. His arms pointed to the side instead of out in front of him. If that's what the prosecution is trying to say, dang they need some help!

98c8ee14373eb7804738311e90ddff3f.jpg

What do you see in his eyes?

That was the photo on the camera that Jodi threw in the wash machine of Travis still alive at the time of 5. 29, in the shower. I do see anger, however that photo of Jodi dragging his bloody body and with that same camera that stapped that photo, that they are saying took place in the hallway was at the time of 5.31. So what happen?

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]#!

Jodi must have been carring the camera along with her in dragging Travis`s bloody body, for those shots to be taken from that camera

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1