Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

God, I love a gal who knows the score! :nw: (Where ya been boos2u?)

Oh, heck ya. That's all it was. Arias offered something Alexander wouldn't likely get elsewhere, and with no strings attached. That phone call of May 10th c l e a r l y demonstrates there were no strings attached.

That's what their relationship had evolved to. It was only about sex, and Arias made it clear to Alexander that she didn't expect anything more!

(Now, something happened which prevented that late May visit from Alexander that they both looked forward to in that May 10th phone call. I think whatever it was, it was likely the 'triggering' event.).

Anyway...

Arias drove a thousand miles to see Alexander. Was Alexander particularly chivalrous to have taken up what she offered? I don't know. I know he didn't invite Arias!, and Arias had driven a thousand f r e a k i n' miles to see him... I know they were two adults...I know Arias was planning to visit Burns afterward. (and did). Soooo, turn it around...what does all that say about Arias? :whistle:

Yeah, Boos2u, you and I both know that all it came down to for Alexander was that he thinking with the wrong head. :yes: What else is new? He was a healthy young male, and he expressed in that phone call that he recognized that he was wrong for giving in. Soooo... did Arias (remember, she was also Mormon :whistle: ) encourage Alexander to keep with his faith? Oh, hell no! To the contrary! If it was wrong, she didn't want to be right! (And that's straight from the horses mouth.)

Hey regi!! :clap: Thanks for the reply.

Like I said, sometimes I have to do other stuff, you know how it is. :tu: Sometimes I browse through and have nothing to say. Which is rare for me! :yes:

You are so right. He was using her for sex, but she made sure she was around for him to use her. She used him, too. I think she is very unstable, but maybe he didn't see it or didn't want to see it until it was too late. He did tell people he was afraid she was going to kill him, but then continued having sex with her. I'm not blaming Alexander for what Arias did to him and I don't think he deserved what he got. Millions of people every day do this. The only difference with these two is that they weren't suppose to be doing it because they were Mormon. I think she became Mormon to be more appealing to him and was trying to manipulate him into marrying her. She figured she could just keep showing up and he would give in. Next, she probably would have tried to tell him she was pregnant and he had to marry her. To me, that whole thousand mile trip crap was just another one of her attempts at manipulation. "See how much I love you, I drove 1000 miles just to see you!" "Oh, by the way, this is your last chance...just saying" :blink: Maybe the Cancun trip was the final straw for her, but I think it would have eventually happened anyway.

Edited by boos2u
  • Like 3

Hey regi!! :clap: Thanks for the reply.

Like I said, sometimes I have to do other stuff, you know how it is. :tu: Sometimes I browse through and have nothing to say. Which is rare for me! :yes:

You are so right. He was using her for sex, but she made sure she was around for him to use her. She used him, too. I think she is very unstable, but maybe he didn't see it or didn't want to see it until it was too late. He did tell people he was afraid she was going to kill him, but then continued having sex with her. I'm not blaming Alexander for what Arias did to him and I don't think he deserved what he got. Millions of people every day do this. The only difference with these two is that they weren't suppose to be doing it because they were Mormon. I think she became Mormon to be more appealing to him and was trying to manipulate him into marrying her. She figured she could just keep showing up and he would give in. Next, she probably would have tried to tell him she was pregnant and he had to marry her. To me, that whole thousand mile trip crap was just another one of her attempts at manipulation. "See how much I love you, I drove 1000 miles just to see you!" "Oh, by the way, this is your last chance...just saying" :blink: Maybe the Cancun trip was the final straw for her, but I think it would have eventually happened anyway.

Hey, Boo2u! :st

(It's possible that I devote waaaay too much time to these cases! I'm glad you're able to strike a balance better than I can seem to! :lol: You know, this case is just so utterly outrageous on so many levels....)

Oh, I agree Arias joined the Mormon faith only because she knew it was something she had to do if she wanted to be in a serious relationship with Alexander. Seriously, she joined his religion just two months after meeting him! :whistle:

Yeah, Arias is e x t r e m e l y manipulative, convincing and cunning, and Alexander just really didn't stand a chance. :no:

• Like 2

I've never really watched any real trials before, is it normal for the defendant to turn to and address the jury when answering questions put to them by the prosecution?

Defendants and witnesses did it during the Casey Anthony trial. I seem to remember it being mentioned that members of the police force, detectives etc were told to do that.

• Like 1

To me, the statement "it's possible" offers perspective as to the extent and value of the expert's testimony.

Re: the ME and the blood expert- their interpretations are limited by the circumstances they're presented with. Sometimes their findings can be conclusive, or more specific, and sometimes that's not possible.

Though sometimes, given the scenario and what can be discerned by way of physical evidence as factual can present a delta that can only be crossed by use of "it's possible'. If asking for an expert to extrapolate on what is not in evidence but amounts to assumption, supposition, even what logic might suggest to us... that it's possible, then it's the most accurate answer that can be provided. Experts are keen not to over step that boundary IMO, I find no fault in that, more so I think it fair and impartial in most cases. This is what I want from the justice system on the whole. To be unblemished by prejudice from start to finish. The guilty the majority of the time will end up right where they should end up, behind bars, protecting the rest of us out here. Yeay!

If only one defense witness remains, re domestic violence, from the content of the jury's questions to Dr., I'm feeling like this is not going in JA's favor. I hope they give the jury the option of 1st degree- life no parole, and not just guilty of 1st degree with death penalty or acquittal. If there's hesitation on the part of the jury about death penalty, it could even end up hung jury. I think that works in favor of defendant, isn't that generally the case?

• Like 2

Next, she probably would have tried to tell him she was pregnant and he had to marry her. To me, that whole thousand mile trip crap was just another one of her attempts at manipulation. "See how much I love you, I drove 1000 miles just to see you!" "Oh, by the way, this is your last chance...

Hi there boos2u - I kept expecting this to come up at some point earlier on. In fact I'd wondered if it was part of the motive, for the degree of rage expressed in the manner of the attack on him. As time went on & learning more about them both, and the case, as selfish a person as JA seems to be, this particular deception may never have crossed her mind. A baby.. with needs... for years?

As long as he was rejecting her advances towards a life together, you're right, he was in trouble. As long as she could get him to have sex with her she continued to believe she had a play with him that she could make. I don't find it difficult to have imagined her showing up in his future, expecting him to come out and play regardless of his relationship status. He knew at some point he was in danger from her, he had expressed it to some of his friends. Thoughtful post, thanks.

• Like 3

:lol: I don't know, but I find it annoying!

I know it's a strategy to make eye contact with jurors.

I'd bet her lawyers counseled her to look at jury, connect however or whoever she can connect with. More than a few men on the jury, I'm curious but won't go there. They'll talk after trial I'm sure. heck, they'll get paid to talk. Aside from opening and closing statements, lawyers aren't really about the jury until then.

I thought she is so obvious about shifting her gaze to jury, that doing so is, in part, her way of showing her contempt for Martinez, have you felt that at all? She, as has been her style so far, behaves as if she's got it all in the palm of her hand. From interrogation to most of her time on the stand, (oh and tv documentary disaster). It's looked that way to me. Though I'm trying to be impartial as much as possible, she makes it hard IMO, must admit!

History of The Eagles is on, I was waiting for this to rerun. :tu:

• Like 2

I'd bet her lawyers counseled her to look at jury, connect however or whoever she can connect with. More than a few men on the jury, I'm curious but won't go there. They'll talk after trial I'm sure. heck, they'll get paid to talk. Aside from opening and closing statements, lawyers aren't really about the jury until then.

I thought she is so obvious about shifting her gaze to jury, that doing so is, in part, her way of showing her contempt for Martinez, have you felt that at all? She, as has been her style so far, behaves as if she's got it all in the palm of her hand. From interrogation to most of her time on the stand, (oh and tv documentary disaster). It's looked that way to me. Though I'm trying to be impartial as much as possible, she makes it hard IMO, must admit!

These are my thoughts exactly! And why I was asking about whether people normally look at the jury haha. :tu:

• Like 2

These are my thoughts exactly! And why I was asking about whether people normally look at the jury haha. :tu:

Hi there Queen o' the North... Thinking on this for a bit and you know, it's certainly something one would have to try hard to be mindful of, looking at the jury when delivering answers. Witness stand or not, the sum total of life experience is that you answer the person who's talking to you. Surreal conditions ... changes everything I guess.

I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if this case/the defendant end up incorporated into psychology and criminal law courses at college/university level in the future. Alot of aspects to pull together to get what the state of AZ wants for the case. Either way it goes, how sick she is, or equally, how cunning and masterful she was, (sick but not insane=culpabiity) will be, as they says, "one for the books". Like a Manson or a Bundy. All the players must be so tired of it all at this point. People R numb to & from all the lies and sex the case has sifted through, over & over & over ad nauseum.

I'll take some time away from this I think. I'm posting too much, too much time spent with this horror on my mind. I want to see justice, like we all do. I hope it doesn't get messed up by the players though, since it seems to be straining peoples last nerve. Looking forward to the jury tell-all one day. Have a good evenin'.

• Like 1

I think the lesson for the psychology books is clear:

Guys, don't be a wannabe-child-rapist insensitive disrespectful douche-bag to your girlfriend or she might just kill you and then get away with it.

• Like 2

Why does it matter if Jodi has amnesia or not? Did she kill him? Yes. Was it premeditation? I have to say yes again. She planned to kill him if he didn't change his plans about Cancun.

This is how I feel about the whole shindig. The murder happened in 2008 and she was free for a time before they arrested her. She had plenty of time to write in her diary about how manipulative Travis was and her feelings about him after the murder. She took his life. It's recorded on film. Her bloody handprint was on the wall outside the bathroom. Stabbed 27+- times, shot in the head with a certain caliber weapon that was mysteriously reported stolen a month earlier from Gramma's house. Drove 1000 miles with extra cans of fuel as to not leave a paper trail. This screams premeditation and I'm sure that hag remembers every second of the murder.

The thing that attracted me to this trial was seeing the photo of Travis looking into the camera on the last few minutes of life. He had no idea what she had planned for him....

Edited by thewild
  • Like 1

oh, and hey Aaronsmom and ouiji ouiji!! I remember you all from the Casey anthony trial topic!! Fancy seein you here :tu:

• Like 1

oh, and hey Aaronsmom and ouiji ouiji!! I remember you all from the Casey anthony trial topic!! Fancy seein you here :tu:

:st

• Like 1

Hi there boos2u - I kept expecting this to come up at some point earlier on. In fact I'd wondered if it was part of the motive, for the degree of rage expressed in the manner of the attack on him. As time went on & learning more about them both, and the case, as selfish a person as JA seems to be, this particular deception may never have crossed her mind. A baby.. with needs... for years?

As long as he was rejecting her advances towards a life together, you're right, he was in trouble. As long as she could get him to have sex with her she continued to believe she had a play with him that she could make. I don't find it difficult to have imagined her showing up in his future, expecting him to come out and play regardless of his relationship status. He knew at some point he was in danger from her, he had expressed it to some of his friends. Thoughtful post, thanks.

Thanks and hey to you,Leftcoastgal. I think some of us would agree that she isn't hard to figure out, even though she probably thinks she is brillant.

• Like 1

Yeah, hey wild, I remember you too! How ya' been? I'm late to the Jodi Arias party. I was hearing about the trial, but didn't know who any of the people were or what the case was. But HLN has been broadcasting it, so gradually I got drawn in. Now I'm pretty well up to speed, although I'm still learning from people here, and some of the coverage.

• Like 1

I'm listening to the afternoon testimony. Alyce Laviolette has been offering background on domestic abuse. It's obvious is using her testimony to advance the theory that Arias' murderous actions resemble the psychological damage of battered woman syndrome acting in self-defense against her abuser, and that Alexander has a typical background of a batterer, with drug-addict parents. I guess I can't trash the defense much for that. It's ludicrous, sure...but it's their job to defend Arias, and when you have nothing to work with than pig manure, whatever you can construct will be made out of pig manure.

They have been playing tapes of Arias' interrogation with police, and of some taped phone calls she had with Alexander in which they discussed kinky sex. She sure doesn't sound like an unwilling participant who was coerced into degrading sex acts. She says things like "it's so depraved...I like it!" and she chuckles naughtily. Yeah, real degraded, really coerced.

• Like 1

This hasn't got anything to do with anything really, but it just struck me as odd: remember when Jodi was left on her own in the police interview room and the video showed her doing a handstand against the wall? I was reminded of that today when I saw that Amanda Knox will have to attend a re-trial regarding the murder of her British housemate, in Italy. Meredith Kercher was found naked with her throat cut, plus 40 other wounds. But what I remembered was, when Knox was first arrested she was doing cart-wheels in the police station!!

• Like 2

I just don't care about this. I wonder just what this smoke-screen is hiding. There has to be more important news.

• Like 2

Today in court: "if there are two stories in domestic violence, the truth is worse than either of them" Alyce Laviolette

I had this video clip in a Watch Later cue, and it surprised me when I finally watched it tiday, thought it might be interesting for others to see. This was very early on, an evidentiary hearing, The more dedicated sleuths and armchair lawyers & case followers may be familiar with this This will not go over well with those who are firmly decided already on a death penalty being called for in this case.

Good evening to all. Hey... we're free, no ghosts in the closet, and meaning no harm or foul to anyone anywhere. Life is good! Just appreciating this. This dark case brings gratitude up from time to time.

• Like 1

This hasn't got anything to do with anything really, but it just struck me as odd: remember when Jodi was left on her own in the police interview room and the video showed her doing a handstand against the wall? I was reminded of that today when I saw that Amanda Knox will have to attend a re-trial regarding the murder of her British housemate, in Italy. Meredith Kercher was found naked with her throat cut, plus 40 other wounds. But what I remembered was, when Knox was first arrested she was doing cart-wheels in the police station!!

Yes ouija, I thought of it too when I saw the clip of Arias doing the headstand. I remembered that when Knox and her bf were in the Italian police station for questioning, waiting there for several hours, Knox reported was doing cartwheels and splits, and maybe a handstand / /headstand too. Weird. I guess it's boring waiting and waiting, but even so....gymnastics in a police station? Strange.

• Like 1

I think the lesson for the psychology books is clear:

Guys, don't be a wannabe-child-rapist insensitive disrespectful douche-bag to your girlfriend or she might just kill you and then get away with it.

If it's any comfort, Yamoto, I really don't see Arias "getting away with it". I can't believe the jury will buy the so-called "self-defense" argument. I don't believe they will buy the whole battered woman thing, or that she felt coerced into kinky sex with the victim. The only real question I see is the penalty phase. Will the jury see this crime as one worthy of execution? That I can't predict. I don't want to see that because I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases for personal reasons. But I think it's definitely possible the jury will feel different. I would like to see her do a nice long time behind bars, if not life.

• Like 3

... I really don't see Arias "getting away with it". ... The only real question I see is the penalty phase. ... worthy of execution? That I can't predict. I don't want to see that because I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases for personal reasons. ... definitely possible the jury will feel different. I would like to see her do a nice long time behind bars, if not life.

word for word, my thoughts exactly. thx!

• Like 2

Leftcoastgal, that is cool! GMTA ;-)

So no trial today, huh? Anyone have theories about why Not that it matters...I'm just curious. Will Alyce LaViolette take the stand again when the trial resumes?

If the jury does fall for Jodi`s account, she could just get the manslaughter charge and with time served she could go free.

Leftcoastgal, that is cool! GMTA ;-)

So no trial today, huh? Anyone have theories about why Not that it matters...I'm just curious. Will Alyce LaViolette take the stand again when the trial resumes?

Jodi had a migraine headache and is complaining they are not feeding her right.

• Like 2