Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amish Beard-Cutters Jailed!

Eldorado

'An Ohio Amish sect leader has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for directing hair- and beard-cutting attacks on Amish people in 2011.

Fifteen of Samuel Mullet's followers were also given prison sentences ranging from one to seven years.

They were convicted of hate crime after prosecutors argued the five attacks were motivated by religious disputes.'

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21389094

I've always been wary of Mullets.

• Like 3

'An Ohio Amish sect leader has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for directing hair- and beard-cutting attacks on Amish people in 2011.

Fifteen of Samuel Mullet's followers were also given prison sentences ranging from one to seven years.

They were convicted of hate crime after prosecutors argued the five attacks were motivated by religious disputes.'

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21389094

I've always been wary of Mullets.

You're right to be, El!

• Like 2

And I've heard of murderers getting 7 years... Doesn't seem right...

Though I've had a few barbers who probably deserved 15 years...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

I'm so relieved that this terror inspiring beard ravaging gang has been stopped in it's tracks. Imagine what might have been next? Hordes of rogue Amish short sheeting beds, or *gasp* buying televisions! :w00t:

Jokes aside, this was a bizarre story that only the Amish could really appreciate.

• Like 2

I'm so relieved that this terror inspiring beard ravaging gang has been stopped in it's tracks. Imagine what might have been next? Hordes of rogue Amish short sheeting beds, or *gasp* buying televisions! :w00t:

Jokes aside, this was a bizarre story that only the Amish could really appreciate.

Like some sort of Amish slasher movie.

• Like 2

Like some sort of Amish slasher movie.

:w00t::tu:
  • Like 2

Is it just me, or is it ironic that this guy's name is Samuel "Mullet". I wonder if that was a nickname he chose :devil:

That said, though the date on the article is recent, I could swear I remember reading an almost identical article a long while back in the local newspaper. Maybe it was the Trial and now sentencing or some such.

• Like 2