Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"like" point ranking

Ever Learning

probably ":(" wouldn't really work... hmm

how about "sympathize" no that's corny.

um.....

I don't know... some creative guiness could come up with it, but will it ever make it on to the forums.... that's the real question!

I think there should be a button that says "I like the first paragraph but disagree with the second" and "I don't like what you've said but I understand and can sympathize" Those buttons could be called "Partial Like" and " :(".

How about :huh: or :hmm: ?

• Like 1

How about :huh: or :hmm: ?

I like those, especially the second one. I don't think the first portrays the true essence of the sentiment.

probably ":(" wouldn't really work... hmm

how about "sympathize" no that's corny.

um.....

I don't know... some creative guiness could come up with it, but will it ever make it on to the forums.... that's the real question!

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

That could be a third button. I'm talking about when somebody says "my cat died" or something like that... You don't want to "like" it, you know what I mean, but you sympathize...

• Like 1

That could be a third button. I'm talking about when somebody says "my cat died" or something like that... You don't want to "like" it, you know what I mean, but you sympathize...

I usually get the idea that if someone 'likes' a sad post, they're liking it for the emotions it draws out, for making us empathize with them.

• Like 1

I may be the only one thinking this way but the idea of a like button has gotten to much thought put into it lately.With this amount of thoughtfulness on a subject we could all put our minds together and cure cancer!I will use the like button on whatever i damn well please if other's like it cool,if not it does not bother me one bit.

I "like" that we could cure Cancer if we wanted to. ;)

Maybe a "Yada yada yada...." button? Or a "Doh!!" button. Or a "LOL" button?

I'd like it if there was a like button on my posts... so i could like them .. lol

The whole forum should just be reduced to original posts and little buttons with meaningful smilies on them that cover all possible replies.

That way we don't have to actually discuss anything and everyone can feel popular.

Edited by Purplos
  • Like 2

Hey! I got a gold Star!! :su

• Like 1

A sympathy button is out of the question for me -- entirely too functional and efficient and pre-packaged. Kinda like getting a gift certificate -- you have neither the imagination nor the interest to do something sincerely appreciative. The "like" button is good as it prevents a bunch of "me too" messages, but we should post our own individual sympathy messages.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it possible that some folk really enjoy having a choice in the number of people's buttons they can press? (double entendre intended). :whistle:

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it possible that some folk really enjoy having a choice in the number of people's buttons they can press? (double entendre intended). :whistle:

POWER!!!
  • Like 1

I think there should be a button that says "I like the first paragraph but disagree with the second" and "I don't like what you've said but I understand and can sympathize" Those buttons could be called "Partial Like" and " :(".

the ranking part doesn't matter to me..

LOL

Buttons:

-1- I like the color of the fonts you use

-2- I don't like the color of the fonts you use

-3- What are you on?

-4- Do you have a text editor fail?

-5- I don't care what you write, I will always like you

-6- I don't care what you write, I will never like you

-7- I like the first paragraph but disagree with the second

-8- I dont like the first paragraph but agree with the second

-9- I like the fourth paragraph, but that's because it's raining here

......and so on...........

In other words: just post a reply.

:P

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

LOL

Buttons:

-1- I like the color of the fonts you use

-2- I don't like the color of the fonts you use

-3- What are you on?

-4- Do you have a text editor fail?

-5- I don't care what you write, I will always like you

-6- I don't care what you write, I will never like you

-7- I like the first paragraph but disagree with the second

-8- I dont like the first paragraph but agree with the second

-9- I like the fourth paragraph, but that's because it's raining here

......and so on...........

In other words: just post a reply.

:P

Lol @ 5 & 6

the ranking part doesn't matter to me..

There already is a button that does that. It's called the "QUOTE" button and it allows you to put your feelings about another member's post into actual words, instead of relying on "LIKE" buttons, and smilies and other simplistic nonsense. It allows you to break up a post into meaningful pieces and quote them individually and comment on each part and what you think of each individual part of the quote you responded to and then post the resultant combination of original post and your thoughts into a single post on the forum.

Try it some time. It's amazing. But it requires some extremely basic computer knowledge and the ability to compose intelligible thoughts in English.

Edited by Archimedes

There already is a button that does that. It's called the "QUOTE" button and it allows you to put your feelings about another member's post into actual words, instead of relying on "LIKE" buttons, and smilies and other simplistic nonsense. It allows you to break up a post into meaningful pieces and quote them individually and comment on each part and what you think of each individual part of the quote you responded to and then post the resultant combination of original post and your thoughts into a single post on the forum.

Try it some time. It's amazing. But it requires some extremely basic computer knowledge and the ability to compose intelligible thoughts in English.

Buttons are faster and yes I have tried "quoting" many times.. but truthfully I dont always feel like it or have the time. But I took the time to quote your post. :) and I hope you either "like" it or quote me back... :)

Is it not possible to reply to a post and retain some basic courtesy, rather than taking the snidely sarcastic approach?

• Like 5

I wouldn't worry too much about the like system.

We're all here to talk. People will have opinions.

A "like ranking" system would be entirely dependent on a release from Invision. To my knowledge none is available at this time.

I will set this to complete for the time being.

:tu: