Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox Bites Off Baby's Finger In Cot Attack

Still Waters

A fox dragged a one-month-old baby from his cot and mauled his hand, biting the child's finger off, it has been reported.

The child was left seriously injured after the animal crept into his bedroom in Bromley, southeast London, on Wednesday afternoon.

The child's mother was alerted by his screaming and rushed into his room to see his hand in the animal's mouth, the Mail On Sunday reported.

http://news.sky.com/...r-in-cot-attack

• Like 1

I never believe these stories of foxes entering houses and attacking children. Trouble is, a lot of people do, which doesn't bode well for the reputation of foxes in general :(

• Like 4

I never believe these stories of foxes entering houses and attacking children. Trouble is, a lot of people do, which doesn't bode well for the reputation of foxes in general :(

Me neither. Still, in case they are true, how about letting us hunt the little thugs again? We never seemed to have this problem with foxes eating children before the ban!

I've never heard of a fox doing anything like this. They avoid people for good reason. If a fox did do something like this I would suspect rabies.

They are wild animals and it is not improbable that some foxes can do this, but they rather avoid humans than attacking. It could be that it was sick, but I dont think it saw the kid as food.

Even though they are wild they can become quite cuddly when domesticated in some cases. Some say the same about bears and tigers as well, but when a fox goes crazy and instinctive people dont usually die.

It would be nice though if all foxes were like these two. :)>>>>

[media=]

[/media]

It's not much of a fox if it get's caught, imo.

Tally-ho!

(Hope the baby gets well soon; poor wee lamb.)

• Like 2

animals also needs to eat ! o_O even ppl eating their own children in times of despair ! 2nd world war in russia ppl eating their beloved ones (dead bodies) just to survive ! i say its just surviving !

Because foxes generally behave a certain way doesn't mean they always do. At any rate I find this story far more credible than some of the stuff posted around here.

• Like 1

This is what happens when we destroy an animals habitat.

London Mayor Boris Johnson said more needs to be done to deal with the problem of urban foxes.

"Thankfully this sort of attack, though terrible, is rare, but we must do more to tackle the growing problem of urban foxes," he said.

"They may appear cuddly and romantic but foxes are a pest and a menace, particularly in our cities."

We all know his agenda:

It is easy to forget he is an Old Etonian millionaire, a former Bullingdon Club member who supports fox and stag hunting

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-opinion-the-clowns-act-814928

Makes me sick.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

This is what happens when we destroy an animals habitat.

We all know his agenda:

http://www.mirror.co...owns-act-814928

Makes me sick.

THIS MY POINT!! IT'S ALL A PLOY TO GET HUNTING UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

• Like 3

THIS MY POINT!! IT'S ALL A PLOY TO GET HUNTING UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

Yeah I agree with you, ntoiced it witht the other cases.

Why even make a mention of Boris? lol Too obvious.

I lived in South London all my life, no foxes when I was younger. But over the years the foxes have been attracted to the cities because of the available food they can find thrown out onto the streets.

YES, without the ***** footing about from the lefty do gooders, I have seen it with my own eyes.

Sorry, but this has to be said....in the area I lived, when the immigrant population started to flourish from people from all over the worlds corners, they seemed to not had been told about hygiene standards and that we do not throw rubbish into the street, especially food.

The immigrant housing block which had been made by the council to house them as they arrived to England awaiting to know if they could stay or not, was an absolute s*** hole. The rubbish was piled in bins, nappies, food, and other wastes just loosely thrown around the bins.

I always wondered how people who were allegedly so poor could have so much rubbish in the first place?

The foxes are now a problem and the councils are asking for culling to be brought back. WHY? how about just tell people about NOT throwing their waste onto the streets?

The councils know about this problem, thats why they spent millions on the new bins which the foxes can not get into, but they did not bank that many people are too good damn lazy to lift the lid up.

The private fast food restaurants have not help the matter either, the have been numerous programmes about the "local" kebab shop or chicken shop throwing waste food in black sacks onto the streets.

So if they get rid of the foxes once and for all, will it make people any more hygienic? I do not think so.

I believe the story may be very true, but I have to admit, it is rare... Hope the baby boy is ok..glad they could reattach his tiny finger...

I believe the story may be very true, but I have to admit, it is rare... Hope the baby boy is ok..glad they could reattach his tiny finger...

it is true and its certainly not the first.

It has happened a few times now in the inner cities.

Well they left their back door open from what I've read. Pretty stupid thing to do when a baby is unattended.

They are shoving this story all over the place and trying to call for a cull.... We all know the true agenda. Boris Johnson wants fox hunting back, that's why he is saying that rubbish.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Well they left their back door open from what I've read. Pretty stupid thing to do when a baby is unattended.

They are shoving this story all over the place and trying to call for a cull.... We all know the true agenda. Boris Johnson wants fox hunting back, that's why he is saying that rubbish.

True, he probably does, but as i have said, its not going to stop people throwing their food waste onto the streets.

The reason the councils had to get the big close top bins in the first place is because if the rubbish increase on the streets and they had to stop the foxes getting into them.

Some of the bins have locks, and if they are locked, people just throw the rubbish on the floor beside the bins. The reason some are locked is because the kids were setting fire to them. Maybe it would be better to invest in non flammable big bins....when they have the money.

many of the private fast food chains do not bother with the commercial bins because they do not want to pay for them, so once again, they use their smaller free bins and the overflow goes onto the streets.

• Like 1

True, he probably does, but as i have said, its not going to stop people throwing their food waste onto the streets.

The reason the councils had to get the big close top bins in the first place is because if the rubbish increase on the streets and they had to stop the foxes getting into them.

Some of the bins have locks, and if they are locked, people just throw the rubbish on the floor beside the bins. The reason some are locked is because the kids were setting fire to them. Maybe it would be better to invest in non flammable big bins....when they have the money.

many of the private fast food chains do not bother with the commercial bins because they do not want to pay for them, so once again, they use their smaller free bins and the overflow goes onto the streets.

That's true.

On top fo that most people get their bins taken every 2 weeks. It used to be weekly. I can't imagine how a family of 4 deals with that, me and my hosuemate struggle witht he 2 of us. Over Christmas it was a 3 week gap between the bins being taken. I seen some of my neighbours with piles of bin bags out the back of their houses.

Then they rasie council tax... lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

That's true.

On top fo that most people get their bins taken every 2 weeks. It used to be weekly. I can't imagine how a family of 4 deals with that, me and my hosuemate struggle witht he 2 of us. Over Christmas it was a 3 week gap between the bins being taken. I seen some of my neighbours with piles of bin bags out the back of their houses.

And the bin men strikes always "conveniently" happen during the hot summer months. Its hygienically incorrect to try and bury dead body in your back yard less than 6 foot underground in the heat, let alone leaving rubbish on the streets for weeks on ends. I am sure they do it on purpose!!

• Like 1

And the bin men strikes always "conveniently" happen during the hot summer months. Its hygienically incorrect to try and bury dead body in your back yard less than 6 foot underground in the heat, let alone leaving rubbish on the streets for weeks on ends. I am sure they do it on purpose!!

Haha, That made me laugh!

The last mention of a baby (allegedly)being attacked by a fox was 3yrs ago. Now, think about all the children who have been maimed or killed by pitbull-type dogs in that time ....... why are there any of these type of dogs in this country? Especially when most of them seem to be owned by irresponsible morons? And why are most of those dogs owned anyway ..... so that they can be used in illegal dog/badger fights. How about the government sorts out that pressing problem first.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 4

Thing with the bring fox hunting back because they're mauling our baba's message is, the problem is urban foxes. How often to the hunts go round the outskirts of major cities clopping along pavements and avoiding wheelie bins? They hunt in the countryside where they aren't a problem.

• Like 5

The last mention of a baby (allegedly)being attacked by a fox was 3yrs ago. Now, think about all the children who have been maimed or killed by pitbull-type dogs in that time ....... why are there any of these type of dogs in this country? Especially when most of them seem to be owned by irresponsible morons? And why are most of those dogs owned anyway ..... so that they can be used in illegal dog/badger fights. How about the government sorts out that pressing problem first.

So true, foxes maiming babies or children is not a regular occurrence. As for the amount of foxes, there are a lot in certain areas, mainly areas where food is available. For those who want to bring back fox hunting, I do not see how they are going to achieve that in the towns? And as I have said, it will not make people any more hygienic.

The area I lived in had many foxes, but although they would rip up the rubbish bags people could not be bothered to put in the correct bins, the main problem were the pitbulls, or more like their irresponsible young teenage owners who used them as "weapons". This was put a stop to in many areas and they are no longer allowed to keep them.

Thing with the bring fox hunting back because they're mauling our baba's message is, the problem is urban foxes. How often to the hunts go round the outskirts of major cities clopping along pavements and avoiding wheelie bins? They hunt in the countryside where they aren't a problem.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

That's true.

No excuse for generating so much rubbish without recycling. Food waste collections are weekly so whats the issue?

It's not much of a fox if it get's caught, imo.

Maybe a Homer fox:

(The Simpsons S6E24)

Homer: Give it back, or we’ll bust in there and take it!

Shelby’s Dad: Bust in here and take it? You must be stupider than you look!

Homer: Stupider like a fox!

Tally-ho!

(Hope the baby gets well soon; poor wee lamb.)

Ditto!

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1