Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

No Censorship

While I can agree that aliens might not be as nice as everybody claims they would be I fail to see why demons would come to us in space ships and have big heads and eyes and little bodies. Also why would demons preform experiments on people while abducting them? It doesbt make sense. Can angels abduct us?

Well that is a very good point, demons should know humans pretty well by now, the probes are redundant. Maybe they are kinky demons?

• Like 1

Most of us have a "reality circuit" in our heads of some sort that simplifies our lives by ruling out nonsense and irratonal thoughts. Sometimes they don't work perfectly (hence my paranoia when high). I have to say that demons and probing aliens are examples of reality circuits that have gone to bed.

• Like 1

But you don't think he actually contacted anything when he was doing all the black magic and occult stuff?

No.

Most of us have a "reality circuit" in our heads of some sort that simplifies our lives by ruling out nonsense and irratonal thoughts. Sometimes they don't work perfectly (hence my paranoia when high). I have to say that demons and probing aliens are examples of reality circuits that have gone to bed.

I watched this movie called The Exorcism of Emily rose. It was nothing like the Exorcist , but , it was pretty scarey like on the reality of Divine and Evil existences. Seems that the priest who conducted the exorcism for her , which he was arrested for found guilty and was released .He said that the medication that she was given had set her mind in some sort of reality where she became locked into . I don't really know what to make of it all , but I thought it was a pretty interesting movie. Also, something in that movie I experienced myself , before I ever seen the movie. What i experienced was waking up at sometime early in the A.M and, I smelled this smoke like sulfer like smell , the sort of smell from a wooden match stick , only there was no reason for that smell to be in my home, it was very real.

I was the only one that was able to dectect it. I couldn't understand why noone else could smell it . I began to then feel the walls all within my home ,sensing for any signs of heat, making certain that a fire was not burning from within them, it was really weird. Anyway , I experience other things in that particular house that happened in , but, I don't really like to talk about it ; some people just don't realize how very real the spirit realm is.

I am in no position to discount what you say, but really all it seems to be is an unexplained smell of sulphur that no one else smelled. I've done that many times -- smelled things that no one else does -- there it is.

I am in no position to discount what you say, but really all it seems to be is an unexplained smell of sulphur that no one else smelled. I've done that many times -- smelled things that no one else does -- there it is.

You see, it doesn't matter what you think about it, I know what you don't know about it ,and , other things as well. Fact is , just because you do not have any knowledge of first hand experience, of the things you discredit, it doesn't make you correct. I get that there are frauds and I get that some people have mental illness , and still , something could even happen to some of them at times , only I'm pretty certauin that they will never be believed .

I'm thankful for the experiences that I have had , and have ; they provided my soul and mind with even more assurance that there is another realm , and after this life it's not over .

• Like 1

I agree with Tesla, heck, the fluoro tube alone is an amazing piece of ingenuity. I would really have liked to have seen more of his wireless electricity, but it it's nice to know he finally got recognition for inventing the radio.

I do not think it is well advertised that he was a bit of a stoner. But on the plus side, he has inspired a lot of stoners to think I suppose.

Yeah he is a genuis its kind of sucks that he got shafted on the whole electricity thing and I know he was kind of a shut in to a degree, but he must have been smoking some good weed to feel like aliens where contacting him. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some like that :D

For those of us who don´t believe in either, this is a really weird topic question. Like: "Is Santa Claus really the Easter Bunny"?

How does one comment on a double absurdity like that.

What I dont understand is why you would even comment on it if you believe its hokum

• Like 1

Yeah he is a genuis its kind of sucks that he got shafted on the whole electricity thing and I know he was kind of a shut in to a degree, but he must have been smoking some good weed to feel like aliens where contacting him. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on some like that :D

After Edison gave hom the short end of the stick with AC power, maybe he was driven to forget the world for a while!

Not just Aliens, but Venusians I believe, on his Tesla Scope, which is where his claims really fall apart. In fact it has been claimed Tesla himself was a Venusian! LINK

After Edison gave hom the short end of the stick with AC power, maybe he was driven to forget the world for a while!

Not just Aliens, but Venusians I believe, on his Tesla Scope, which is where his claims really fall apart. In fact it has been claimed Tesla himself was a Venusian! LINK

WOW that's wild stuff

• Like 2

Did you not say any event that is supernatural cannot be recorded? The plane should have RADAR all around it, ground teams that can confirm an object as many people with digital cameras.

MY REPLY: I never said that. I mentioned an event that wasn't taped. In any event, there were cases in which mysterious objects were confirmed by both pilots and radar. That was in addition to multiple witnesses.

Does this not indicate personal interpretation?

MY REPLY: That plays a role in some cases, such as the *two* photos. Sometimes, a flying saucer is just a flying saucer, not an object that was wrongly interpreted.

Paredolia I get, but why can none of the above things be presented to Randi? Just one would do, and the circumstances are flexible. We also must remember that every UFO explanation to date has been prosaic.

MY REPLY: Did Randi reject pilots' testimony and radar? That's a real question. The explanations don't cut it in some cases. There's no proof that *all* UFO encounters stemmed from prosaic things.

It seems to me that if someone had a genuine case that people would be against Randi. He too seems to have come to a lifetime conclusion that whilst no proof for the Supernatural exists, proof of charlatans abounds

MY REPLY: He and you are entitled to your opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm with him on the charlatans. We part company when it comes to dismissing *all* claims of the supernatural.

Maybe he had a bad day, I am not sure of the comments you refer to, but considering his exposure to the media, if this is all there is, it does not appear to me to be "in character", but more of a random comment. Many hate him, as he has uncovered the means to fool people that ruined many plans, so it is not surprising that some would slander him.

MY REPLY: I read his comments. Based on them, I'm not a fan. That's not a knock on his fans or admirers. My lack of respect for him has little to do with his famous schtick as the great Oz who knows all.

While I can agree that aliens might not be as nice as everybody claims they would be I fail to see why demons would come to us in space ships and have big heads and eyes and little bodies. Also why would demons preform experiments on people while abducting them? It doesbt make sense. Can angels abduct us?

I agree. For the fourth time, I don't think that they're the same beings. :) My guess is that spirits are more likely to come in the forms of lights and shadows than little green men in flying saucers. I also don't think that they look like cartoons with halos, wings, horns, tails, etc..

That's your opinion. Future circumstances might change it. People, who witnessed demons and/or extraterrestrials, don't share your concept of reality. They might have agreed with you before their realities changed.

• Like 1

Did you not say any event that is supernatural cannot be recorded? The plane should have RADAR all around it, ground teams that can confirm an object as many people with digital cameras.

MY REPLY: I never said that. I mentioned an event that wasn't taped. In any event, there were cases in which mysterious objects were confirmed by both pilots and radar. That was in addition to multiple witnesses.

Sorry, my mistake, I do not know of any taped event though, do you?

The RADAR sightings I find the most confusing, they only show the UFO's as being in our atmosphere, never leaving nor entering it. If we go by RADR information, all these craft are still here, and came from here.

MY REPLY: That plays a role in some cases, such as the *two* photos. Sometimes, a flying saucer is just a flying saucer, not an object that was wrongly interpreted.

If it is unidentified it is a UFO, but I know of no "Flying saucer" that is confirmed a "flying saucer". Only people who claim that is an accurate description of the UFO they have seen and have come to this conclusion exist to the best of my knowledge. In this way, one mans alien is another mans goblin.

MY REPLY: Did Randi reject pilots' testimony and radar? That's a real question. The explanations don't cut it in some cases. There's no proof that *all* UFO encounters stemmed from prosaic things.

I did not say that we have proof that all UFO's are prosaic, but I did say every explained UFO to date has had a prosaic explanation, my question is, why would this trend change? What indicates an extraordinary explanation is valid?

If Pilots and RADAR had any answers, we would not be having this conversation. They too see some anomalies, and that is transposed to ET.

MY REPLY: He and you are entitled to your opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm with him on the charlatans. We part company when it comes to dismissing *all* claims of the supernatural.

But your support for the supernatural is pure belief right?

Indeed I have to go with Randi here, as he investigates claims he does not make them. That nobody on earth has managed to collect his prize money, and yet many have tried. If course those who are ousted will cry foul, have you any reason to believe one of Randi's challenges was unfair?

MY REPLY: I read his comments. Based on them, I'm not a fan. That's not a knock on his fans or admirers. My lack of respect for him has little to do with his famous schtick as the great Oz who knows all.

Surely not the ones you posted already? They are quite benign, I am not finding this vile insinuation on the net, may I ask if you have a link?

WOW that's wild stuff

LOL, ain't it what! Today it just cannot get a leg up, as we know Venus looks like:

impactcrater.jpg

Edited by psyche101

That's your opinion. Future circumstances might change it. People, who witnessed demons and/or extraterrestrials, don't share your concept of reality. They might have agreed with you before their realities changed.

This is more true than one might realise. They have a completely different reality to begin with, which leads to a belief, which a strange event can be interpreted into.

LOL, ain't it what! Today it just cannot get a leg up, as we know Venus looks like:

impactcrater.jpg

I wonder why he chose the planet Venus though, and isnt it obscured by a blanket of clouds

• Like 1

I've had plenty of such experiences; most people have. It's just that they take a more humble and mindful approach to them.

• Like 1

I've had plenty of such experiences; most people have. It's just that they take a more humble and mindful approach to them.

What's prideful about sharing an experience? There's no guile if they share their encounters in factual ways, not intentionally embellishing facts pertinent to the case.

What did you interpret these experiences as?

This is more true than one might realise. They have a completely different reality to begin with, which leads to a belief, which a strange event can be interpreted into.

I agree with that. We all do it. Both reflexive debunkers and true believers have tendencies to narrowly interpret some experiences based on their personal conceptions of life. I'll let you have the last word because this thread is turning into a forum version of Methusaleh.

• Like 1

I wonder why he chose the planet Venus though, and isnt it obscured by a blanket of clouds

You ask the most sensible yet brief questions. I really like your posting mate. It's a pleasure to converse with you.

In the early 1900's. Venus and Mars were consider to have civilisations on them just as Earth does. Many people completely expected contact from these worlds, and indeed, this is one of the main reasons the War of the Worlds radio broadcast by Orson Wells created so much panic.

It started with Mars, a fellow called Giovanni Schiaparelli studied Mars on its closest approach, and thought he could see canals. A rather more zealous chap called Percival Lowell furthered this idea, and insisted they were indeed canals, and were irrigating intelligent civilisations. The idea started to die out in the early 1900's when spectroscopic analysis showed no water in the Martian atmosphere, this was of course confirmed in 1965 with Mariner 4. In the meantime however, Venus rose to take the throne left empty by Mars. Between 1930 and 1950 Venusians took flavour, kickstarted by a magazine series by Edgar Rice Burroughs. "The Venus Series". A number of Sci Fi authors leaned on his success and all of a sudden Venus was in the news, and indeed has always been considered earths twin sister since ancient times. People came on TV who claimed to be able to channel Venusians, (and occasionally martians) regularly and the TV hosts offered them complete credibility, on the shows I have seen anyway, and the trend continued, Many supposed contactees of the 1950s such as George Adamski, Howard Menger, and Luis Maertens have claimed to have encountered friendly human-like Venusians.

People completely expected there to be both Martians and Venusians living on these planets in very earth like conditions. Until exploration proved otherwise. It is indeed obscured by cloud but that looks rather solid from a distance, I have viewed it many times myself, and I swear it looks like a boiling scary place to me, yet at the same time, very beautiful and somewhat humbling to realise one is looking at another planet comparable in size to our earth. I understand how Ed Mitchell felt floating in space looking back at Earth, what an opening experience that must have been.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

What's prideful about sharing an experience? There's no guile if they share their encounters in factual ways, not intentionally embellishing facts pertinent to the case.

I thought the humbling bit was referring to the reactions and conclusion. I might be wrong though.

I agree with that. We all do it. Both reflexive debunkers and true believers have tendencies to narrowly interpret some experiences based on their personal conceptions of life. I'll let you have the last word because this thread is turning into a forum version of Methusaleh.

I thought that was the point of a thread? The BE thread has had 4 incarnations!

This works both ways. A narrow view can also lead people to consider the prosaic unworthy of their "grand experience".

• Like 1

What did you interpret these experiences as?

My most common experience is to awaken and realized someone is looking at me -- generally my grandmother but sometimes my mom or dad or an aunt. Soon as I open my eyes they disappear.Now it might be that my dead relatives watch over me as I sleep; what I nice thought, but it is more likely my wishful thinking in a quasi-dream. The fact is I don't know and there is no way for me to know, so I have to leave it alone.