Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lolong the world's largest Crocodile dies

MysteryMike

http://newsinfo.inqu...-crocodile-dies

TAGUM CITY— Lolong, the world’s biggest reptile in captivity, is dead.

The 20.4-foot (6.12-meter) saltwater crocodile died at its pen in Consuelo village, Bunawan town, Agusan del Sur province, around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, according to Mayor Edwin Elorde.

“He refused to eat since last month and we noticed a change in the color of his feces,” Elorde told the Inquirer by mobile phone. “Our personnel also noticed an unusual ballooning of the reptile’s belly.”

Rowena Bunawan, media coordinator of Bunawan, told the Philippine Daily Inquirer by phone that Lolong was declared dead Dr. Alexander Collantes, animal doctor at the Davao Crocodile Park.

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text
  • Like 1

Captured in 2011 the article says. I wonder if it would still be alive if they hadn't caught it.

To bad, he sure was an amazingly big animal.

I speculate he got his name when they where wheeling him in for measurement. The guy with the tape-measure saw meter after meter of the beast rolling in was going -"Oh LOL......OMG LOL it's long........Geeesuz LOLooong" ;)

PS: I know it wasn't how he got his name, so we dont need a clarification on that.

Here is another big sucker. Look at the jaded dude in red with the phone-cam there. It only lacks a yawn and a comment like -"Pfft , we have crocs ten times the size in Texas, boy. This is small-time" ;)

krokodil_zpsd7c6a63c.jpg