Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Will Games Look Like In 10 years?

MedicTJ

Just a little curious here. If you take a look at how far the industry has come over just the past 30 years...it's astronomical.

The difference between the last gen consoles and the current ones is like night and day. Remember when San Andreas came out and you were like, "Whoa! The detail is unreal!" Now if you go back and play it, it almost seems primitive.

So I'm wondering. What are things gonna look like 10 years from now....in your opinion?

For me personally, I think handheld gamepads will either be gone....or at least taking their last breaths.

I don't know but I think Single player gaming will be Extinct.

Hopefully not too realistic. I play video games to escape from reality, not to trudge through a simulated version of it.

• Like 3

Hopefully not too realistic. I play video games to escape from reality, not to trudge through a simulated version of it.

Exactly sean,i dont play games much anymore but when i do have the spare time and a good game comes out i had rather play a game that was really fun and challenging.A lot of games that come out anymore they try to hard to make them look good while ignoring everything else.If a game looks life like yet only takes a day or two to beat,i'd rather have the fake looking one that takes a month to beat.

• Like 2

Exactly sean,i dont play games much anymore but when i do have the spare time and a good game comes out i had rather play a game that was really fun and challenging.A lot of games that come out anymore they try to hard to make them look good while ignoring everything else.If a game looks life like yet only takes a day or two to beat,i'd rather have the fake looking one that takes a month to beat.

I find myself going back to classics for the most part. I'm not thrilled about all the third party things like I-players and pointless periphals that have been added to gaming. Hell, I still play the snes and ps1. Games are getting shorter too. I usually rent a game now because I know I'll have it done quickly. Finished Arkham city twice in 3 days...good value for £5 as opposed to £45!

Edited by Sean93

As gamer that started with the atari 2600 when that hockey game had stick figure players.

I expect games to look like these cgi moives like toy story and cars in 10 years.

Nothing to life life can you picture a call of duty game with graphics like translyvinna wow.

I think virtual gaming will be a big thing. To become immersed in a world you could previously just imagine to one that invokes more of your senses would definitely be something else.

I think we could make virtual worlds you could explore to the point you feel like you are in it. Smells and touch could be the most complicated to implement but I do believe it could be possible.

I also hope single player games do not die out. I really do enjoy playing a couple out there and some of the best games of this decade are in fact single player games.

I find myself going back to classics for the most part. I'm not thrilled about all the third party things like I-players and pointless periphals that have been added to gaming. Hell, I still play the snes and ps1. Games are getting shorter too. I usually rent a game now because I know I'll have it done quickly. Finished Arkham city twice in 3 days...good value for £5 as opposed to £45!

3 of my top 5 games of all time legend of zelda link to the past snes,castlevania sotn ps1,metal gear solid ps1.

• Like 1

It won't get too realistic looking. We might have 4k resolution TVs, though. Maybe they might look as realistic as many higher quality films do? Such as Avengers or Iron Man?

I fully agree with all the statements above. I still have PS1, Nintendo 64, etc.

One of my favorite genres -- FPS are universally being designed for online multiplayer. Single player or offline co-op campaigns are usually ten hour or less. These are games I can finish between 2-3 days and never want to touch it ever again.

It appears the classics gave us more bang for the buck and I dearly miss that. And the classics were unsurpassed in replay value too. Or is it just the fact I was younger and easier to satisfy. Maybe alittle of both, just the classics seem to possess character that alot of the new stuff seems to lack.

• Like 1

Ditto.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know but I think Single player gaming will be Extinct.

if that happens it's going to suck big times ! but i doubt it