Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To be born or not to be.

Sean93

Hurt, pain, suffering, dissapointment etc etc

All the things that most of us experience. A few of us experienc eit more than others and earlier on in life than others.

I'm one fo those, but then I'm also not starving to death in Africa.

All those negatives can be blown away by one huge positive... Love. WOnce you experience that you realise thta you would go through all the bad times a million times over, just for that 1 feeling of true love.

Then add in, beauty, nature, happyness, friendship and laughter...

I'd choose to be born.

Of course people who wish they'd never been born see beautiful things, experience wonderful things at first hand ...... the point is in the weighing up, weighing the wonderful against the crap. I used to feel(in my teens/20s, even 30s to some extent), that the conditions the creatures of the world suffered, could be improved. The older I got the more I realised that this is not the case. Generations do not learn from the appalling mistakes of the generations that went before them. Love for fellow mankind and other life-forms does not increase from generation to generation. Those with the most power and influence are very rarely the ones who use those qualities for the betterment of all. No, life is basically rubbish, and when we feel happy and content it's just because we, personally, at that brief moment in time, are not feeling any pain or discomfort and are not concerning ourselves with the suffering of others.

Yes ouija but if never existing you would never have the chance to weigh anything.You are correct the world as a whole goes ass backward till the point comes to a end and we have to start trying to move forward again,this is just the nature of the beast so to say.I never feel content with who i am,i always try to better myself or my situation and usually keep other's in mind aswell.The brief moment in time while not feeling pain or discomfort is not realistic for me haha.I hate to hear some have this view but your life you know it best,but me myself i have loved the good times and even the bad times.Sometimes the good times you just go through without thinking or knowing,but pain makes everyone feel alive.

Aaah, if only it were that simple! 99.9% of the time you can't control how much good or bad comes into your life, and if there's too much bad over a long period of time, then the ability to think positively and 'bounce back' eventually dies.

But it really is that simple. You don't choose what happens to you (according to what we know about life so far), but you do choose when and why you lose that ability to think positively. And there's always a chance to bring it back, if you so choose. I know from experience. I was living in a pit of self pity, despair, and hate for close to 10 years. I've been mad with fear and pain in a bathtub holding a toaster inches from the water, yet somehow am still here today. It got better one night. It may get bad again. Do I want to wait for it? No, I'll be positive and hope for it to get immensely better every day. There's that choice. Free will! It can never die; only be temporarily suppressed at best. I thought mine had been broken for years, but something fought back.

But it really is that simple. You don't choose what happens to you (according to what we know about life so far), but you do choose when and why you lose that ability to think positively. And there's always a chance to bring it back, if you so choose. I know from experience. I was living in a pit of self pity, despair, and hate for close to 10 years. I've been mad with fear and pain in a bathtub holding a toaster inches from the water, yet somehow am still here today. It got better one night. It may get bad again. Do I want to wait for it? No, I'll be positive and hope for it to get immensely better every day. There's that choice. Free will! It can never die; only be temporarily suppressed at best. I thought mine had been broken for years, but something fought back.

That is your experience, mine is different.

There is good and bad in life. We don't really enjoy and appreciate the good without the bad. So let's just keep the suffering under control and I'm okay with it.

Right now I have a sharp pain in the small of my back brought on by working too long on my playlist. I will have to talk someone into giving me a massage.

There is good and bad in life. We don't really enjoy and appreciate the good without the bad. So let's just keep the suffering under control and I'm okay with it.

Right now I have a sharp pain in the small of my back brought on by working too long on my playlist. I will have to talk someone into giving me a massage.

Just dont stumble into "one of those" massage parlors and wind up in a prostitution sting frank lmao :lol:

In Vietnam there is no end of good karma to be gotten when a young person gives an old man a massage. I have no troubles.

In Vietnam there is no end of good karma to be gotten when a young person gives an old man a massage. I have no troubles.

:lol:

• Like 1

I went through tons of pin when I was younger and at times just thought whats the point, So because of the pain which stopped me from being able to do what most kids did at my age I was a sort of reclusive kid. I relied heavily on books to take me out of my world, and when most of the people would say things will get better I pretty much knew they were just saying that to make me feel better, and trust me that annoyed the hell out of me. But yeah I know the feeling, but I guess Iv always been interested in whats next, through the pain and everything.

double

Edited by _Only

That is your experience, mine is different.

The point was things are possible that you say aren't. Or maybe they aren't, if you don't believe they are. But people do bounce back. People that had given up a long time ago. I don't think you're fit to say they haven't, because you haven't yet. Your life isn't over yet either.

Edited by _Only

I know sudden changes can happen only mine didn't happen when I woke up, it came over me on the spot. But enough about that. I'd love to love life and have a positive outlook and something to live for but at the moment I don't ever see my view shifting.

What changed your life/outlook. Remember, my outlook doesn't come from teenage angst and pointless gripes with life, I have given it genuine thought.

What I thought I knew, what I believed, when i was 19 was a lifetime ago and much of it was wrong. Not saying you've haven't thought about this, but right now your life's experiences, perspective, wisdom, etc. is most likely that of a 19 year old. My life began to immediately improve when I left home and had more control over who & what I let in my life, and I could make choices, instead of having them made for me. There's a lot to be said for autonomy. Life is the greatest party ever!

• Like 1

I got to tell you. Looking into the face of your toddler, makeing love to a woman, hearing little voices call "daddy!!" when you walk in the door at night. Fighting a salmon, stalking a buck with bow balanced on your back while crawling nose high in a meadow while solo in the wilderness, the crack of your foot as you land a round kick on a head in a kickboxing match, Tom hanks movies, pizza & beer, my god...... If you are living such a ****ty life that you wish you were never just drop everything and go do something extraordinary. Pack a bad with a survival book and walk into the wilderness solo for a week, go base jumping, do something. Shed all your belongings and be homeless for a year. Just go. The world is your playground... And is so rich with experiences. Leave all drudgery behind and let your spirit go. You will find peace were you least expect it.

• Like 1

I got to tell you. Looking into the face of your toddler, makeing love to a woman, hearing little voices call "daddy!!" when you walk in the door at night. Fighting a salmon, stalking a buck with bow balanced on your back while crawling nose high in a meadow while solo in the wilderness, the crack of your foot as you land a round kick on a head in a kickboxing match, Tom hanks movies, pizza & beer, my god...... If you are living such a ****ty life that you wish you were never just drop everything and go do something extraordinary. Pack a bad with a survival book and walk into the wilderness solo for a week, go base jumping, do something. Shed all your belongings and be homeless for a year. Just go. The world is your playground... And is so rich with experiences. Leave all drudgery behind and let your spirit go. You will find peace were you least expect it.

What are you ON? lol

Fighting a salmon...My sides are now in orbit.

lol_laugh_out_loud_rage_face_meme_post_card-r42941060c14b4cfd8cb4051eb4b3f28c_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

Fighting a salmon...My sides are now in orbit.

lol_laugh_out_loud_rage_face_meme_post_card-r42941060c14b4cfd8cb4051eb4b3f28c_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

I'm not certain why that's funny... Im a fisherman

Edited by Seeker79

I just thought of some guy diving into a stream and punching the living daylights out a salmon for no reason, picking a fight with one...my sides.

• Like 1

As a living being, contemplation of my eventual nonexistence is traumatic. Had I never existed in the first place I would have been spared both the contemplation and the trauma.

• Like 1

im only 19 but yeah i would choose to be born. Dont get me wrong there has been a few moments were i wanted to end it but am glad i never did. Life and the world changes drastically in short peroids of time.

We always feel that the way things are at the present moment is the way its always going to be.

• Like 1

You're absolutely right: fishing is never funny.

I just thought of some guy diving into a stream and punching the living daylights out a salmon for no reason, picking a fight with one...my sides.

Haha well I ment with a fishing pole, but I can catch trout with my hands. And this does seem like a lot of fun. The turtle man loves life and knows about being extraordinary... Ummm and unique ;)

• Like 1

You're absolutely right: fishing is never funny.

Well if you hook yourself or fall off the boat or something I guess.

Given the choice, would you rather have been born into this life, knowing it's ramifications or would you prefer to never exist?

I would chosen have to been born, at least I would now that I understand that you create your own reality and aren't just a victim of occurences

Personally, I would chose the latter only because I hate life. I know some of you older ones will be face-palming at that

I know you will be face palming at this, but I have been there, as have lot's of other people. I still go there sometimes, but only for the experience.

I may be young but that doesn't mean I haven't developed an opinion in it; 19 years is a long time and I've observed enough so my choice seems legit to me. I don't plan on kids, marriage and don't care much for most of life's little quirks anyhow. Someone could have 19 years of cosy life, others 19 years of a harder life, no two life's are the same.

You change. You will be a completely different person in 5 years, and you will be a different person again 5 years after that. You never know what's coming, who you'll end up, or what experiences you'll have.

What would your choices be? And is there anything you can say that would change my view?

I don't think anyone can say anything to change your views. These things come with self-knowledge and personal growth.

• Like 1

I would chosen have to been born, at least I would now that I understand that you create your own reality and aren't just a victim of occurences

I know you will be face palming at this, but I have been there, as have lot's of other people. I still go there sometimes, but only for the experience.

You change. You will be a completely different person in 5 years, and you will be a different person again 5 years after that. You never know what's coming, who you'll end up, or what experiences you'll have.

I don't think anyone can say anything to change your views. These things come with self-knowledge and personal growth.

Let's hope you're right in 5 years. We'll see.