Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia buying up Gold

acidhead

Russia buying up Gold

Feb. 10, 2013 http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-10/putin-turns-black-gold-into-bullion-as-russia-out-buys-world.html

When Vladimir Putin says the U.S. is endangering the global economy by abusing its dollar monopoly, he’s not just talking. He’s betting on it.

Not only has Putin made Russia the world’s largest oil producer, he’s also made it the biggest gold buyer. His central bank has added 570 metric tons of the metal in the past decade, a quarter more than runner-up China, according to IMF data compiled by Bloomberg. The added gold is also almost triple the weight of the Statue of Liberty.

• Like 1

What an abysmal waste of money. At best he will keep up with inflation, but investing the money in infrastructure would have far more profit.

i wonder if the governments have already decided to crash the money concept, so ii seems like madness to us but maybe theres method behind the madness. i feel a new conspiracy theory coming about lol

• Like 2

Putin isn't an idiot, a tad bit crazy but definitely not an idiot.

• Like 5

I find Putin to be a very progressive International leader and one worth listening too especially when he gives speeches such as these. They are more then insightful to the world at large. One thing I notice in this one was a couple references to communism/democracy ie Euro across all lands and furthering the Russian language as the language of dialogue. Perhaps it got lost in translation as well. But altogether I find him to be perhaps the best leader on the World scene we have.

I cant speak for Russian internal politics nor should I but he did give some indications of what direction he would like to go. +1

• Like 1

The man (Putin) suppresses free speech, demonstrations, and any semblance of having a single democratic bone in his body.

He is dangerous both to to the Citizens in Russia and on the World Stage. Expect a new Dictatorship coming to you REAL SOON!!

• Like 1

The man (Putin) suppresses free speech, demonstrations, and any semblance of having a single democratic bone in his body.

He is dangerous both to to the Citizens in Russia and on the World Stage. Expect a new Dictatorship coming to you REAL SOON!!

Unless you can see the future, I don't think I can agree with you on both of your statements.