Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Strange Man...

Ashleen

So I was laying in bed last night, thinking of certain unexplainable events. of all those time glitches, weird appearances, technology issues, etc. this mystery beats them all.

This strange man appeared in my town. After awhile of hanging out, I had become convinced he was sent to murder me. He would talk about "writing papers for cops" and other weird things, one minute saying he was designing an app for mac and a millionaire. I think he may have been bipolar or just a liar or something, IDK. But one day I saw him after quite a while, and I convinced him to hang out with me. He was 29 or something, I was 23 at the time. We drove around for hours and hours, or it seemed like, smoking pot.

But at one point, we got to a fork in the road. He asked me right or left? I said right...we went right and suddenly we were back, I said left. It must've happened three or four times, where we were back at the crossroads and he asked me. I have a memory of each time we turned, and on the right...the road suddenly became an incline and then a country road with the sign: 85 mph on the right. Was it really 85 mph? I was certain that the speed was 85, not a route sign. Maybe I was on route 85 and forgot or something. I'm not sure, but we kept coming back, and he was rambling about some pet dog of his.

I guess he could've just been trying to psyche me out...IDK, like he stole my pocket knife I think...I had hid it from him in a cigarette box, and it was gone when he left. Then it would always appear and disappear when he came back or left, he also had exclaimed it was a really cool pocket knife! It was a winchester. It's gone now. I had found the pocket knife on the ground, and he also told us ghost stories--like about a haunted kachina doll etc. He was full of stories. That's the main reason I kept hanging out with him, the sex his humor and his stories. We made a short video together of him acting, and he was amazing he cried spot on, and claimed he had "slept with Brooke" like Brooke Sheilds...or someone.

And then he was in a coma a few weeks later during easter, from a car accident. I had a vision of him in the ER before his mom or sister called me to tell me what happened and to figure out herself, because it sounded like there were missing pieces. At my grandma's house I also had a nightmare of him standing over me like a vampire. Another weird thing was i had nightmares for three years about a man just like him, his height and skin etc. who would pin me down. I had this nightmare re-occurring until I met him. This nightmare plagued me like every night until I had another dream, and it was him standing over me. I kept fighting with the 'shadow' of this man, and then....I mean....maybe he was trying to kill me or something. IDK is that just my mind playing tricks on me? Because after he went into a coma the nightmares went away. But I don't think he was trying to kill me....

We were fine as we drove around. The strange thought occurred to me though, if scientists are discovering the Many Worlds theory is true, like Super-String theory etc. Is it possible that two events crossed paths? And maybe we both died, and at the same time lived? And our paths crossed, and we both moved on. There was something paranormal about the whole thing....I was determined not to die, and the nightmares really plagued me. After he told me the story about the Kachina doll, I had a very vivid nightmare like instantly. It's hard to explain. I even went to the cops because I started putting events together about a girl who was stabbed in the park after my knife went missing, and a reckless driver. But the cops said there was another guy by that name, who used to wear a wig and told everyone he was a vampire. Now that I think about it, that's a strange coincidence. My nightmares were OF a VAMPIRE.

I've always wondered if this glitch in space could account for all the weird unexplainable phenomena I've encountered. Such as pictures appearing on cameras, jinxed objects, telepathy, psychic dreams, premonitions, appearances, and actual memory distortions. Is there a way to tap or hack this world--matrix so you can uncover it? I'm soooo soooo curious. I want to learn how to hack the mainframe of the universe. I want to bring him back, or meet him again...or another time traveler. He reminded me of Dr. Who, lol. Because he just randomly was there, and then randomly gone...and everything he told me was a fabrication.

I thought I was in love with him, but....it's like...there could also that this place is haunted, it's a historic town near Harpers Ferry. People have claimed to see the mothman, etc. a lot of people go crazy here too. I just noticed, ever since my family moved here--my mom went crazy again, my neighbor went ballistic and threatened the whole neighborhood, I went crazy and tried to document a bunch of paranormal events to no avail. Like appearances on my mirror, rainbows appearing, cameras recharging. One day, the same day my camera re-charged on its own, and the same day I found images appearing on my computer of a girl and a bunch of fields, the same day I activated my cross which said it was a gate to the otherworld on its tag where I bought it, I was staring at a field by the house---and I could see fields or ley lines of energy, like electrical threads all over the field. Connecting in patchwork. They used to spray on that field, I mean an airplane would spray it. Mom said she saw guys parachuting out of helicopters, and it's West Virginia...but also often outside the window---I would see planes flying in triangle formation, and a white pulsing dot on the top of a mountain that would rise when I looked at it, dad said it was a satellite....

So I was laying in bed last night, thinking of certain unexplainable events. of all those time glitches, weird appearances, technology issues, etc. this mystery beats them all.

This strange man appeared in my town. After awhile of hanging out, I had become convinced he was sent to murder me. He would talk about "writing papers for cops" and other weird things, one minute saying he was designing an app for mac and a millionaire. I think he may have been bipolar or just a liar or something, IDK. But one day I saw him after quite a while, and I convinced him to hang out with me. He was 29 or something, I was 23 at the time. We drove around for hours and hours, or it seemed like, smoking pot.

Whatever it is you are looking for... I think that I found your answer. :D

• Like 3

...things 'here' are odd enough as it is without us reading into them needlessly.

Ah man, I think I missed the whole thing.

"This strange man appeared in my town. After awhile of hanging out, I had become convinced he was sent to murder me."

"But one day I saw him after quite a while, and I convinced him to hang out with me."

And you call him strange?

• Like 2

You met a strange guy who "appeared" (whatever that means) in your town, hung around with him, then became convinced his purpose there was to murder you, continued to hang around with this weirdo, took a hours long car trip with the man you thought was going to murder you, hid your knife from him (you obviously didn't trust him), etc.

None of this makes any sense at all. Either this is entirely within your head or there is obviously a wealth of detail being left out. Who gets into a car for a long ride with a stranger they believe to be either a liar or mentally ill and that they think is in their town with the purpose of murdering them?

• Like 4

I guess I have the attention span of a gnat or am a frustrated literary critic, because I could only get through the first two paragraphs.

The OP is a strange woman who tells unusual stories

This all sounds extremely bizarre and I am sure is related to smoking too much pot. Maybe you just both got very stoned when you were hanging out together??

You met a strange guy who "appeared" (whatever that means) in your town, hung around with him, then became convinced his purpose there was to murder you, continued to hang around with this weirdo, took a hours long car trip with the man you thought was going to murder you, hid your knife from him (you obviously didn't trust him), etc.

None of this makes any sense at all. Either this is entirely within your head or there is obviously a wealth of detail being left out. Who gets into a car for a long ride with a stranger they believe to be either a liar or mentally ill and that they think is in their town with the purpose of murdering them?

I think i may have sussed it, they are thinking of writing a book and put this story on here to see the reaction.

if that is the case, can I advise:

DO NOT WRITE IT. it just does not make any sense.

• Like 1

Seriously you should first seek medical help and then stop smoking pot. The whole story does not seem real and gets more and more confusing.

Edited by minera
  • Like 1

sleeping with a man you thought is out to kill you .. interesting

and there lies the problem

People who go buy a computer, should get a drug test first. It would make our Internet lives better for the rest of us.

:tu:

• Like 1

My hypothesis:

A slew of teenagers posting for the first time showed up on this site over the weekend. I suspect a High School English teacher somewhere gave them the assignment to make up the most believable story they could and post it on a supernatural topic board. Based on the responses they got from the board members, their story would be graded.

Since teachers work hard enough, I am making their work on this assignment a little easier.

I think this one deserves no more than a D. Perfunctory, little content, no internal logic. They did the posting, which takes it out of the TOTAL FAIL category. ;)

Edited by linttrap
  • Like 2

If this really is a synopsis, maybe they should go ahead and write the whole thing. Being bed by the beast that wants you dead seems to be a popular genre these days.